Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-04-2024, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I don't think there is a religion that does not believe in powerful beings

Religion can be 'Spiritual' and yet belong to the class of religions without gods.....
Old 14-04-2024, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I don't think there is a religion that does not believe in powerful beings that exist.

What some claim is the oldest religion, and seems to have aspects of that religion in apparently all other other religions, is Animism.

The word is generally foreign to the West but when I lived in Asia, it resonated in so many ways. I lived in a predominate Buddhist country in which ex-pats would mention their love for Buddhism except they disliked the Animism aspect.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-04-2024, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
I'd percieve it as being beautiful when I hear it and know it existed before I heard it....
Nontheist's know what they're talking about...
Nontheist

According to Google:

"What religion is considered non theistic? The most famous and widely considered nontheistic religions are Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, and Jainism. Hinduism is sometimes considered nontheistic because it emphasizes following one's dharma, or duty, more than worshiping deities."

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-04-2024, 05:53 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
"What religion is considered non theistic? The most famous and widely considered nontheistic religions are Buddhism, Confucianism, Taoism, and Jainism. Hinduism is..."

That's why I worded it like this: "I don't think there is a religion that does not believe in powerful beings that exist." I said powerful beings instead of God.

Buddhism has tons of beliefs dealing with demigods and deva's in pure land etc. The demon Mara. Confucius himself is worshipped as a powerful spirit. But then Confucianism is not considered a religion. Taoism has three deities associated with the three highest heavens or “pure” realms. Jains believe in superior powerful devas. These beings direct or are in charge of one's life and future incarnations based on Karma. Hinduism has tons of Gods and Goddesses. There are a bunch of Native American deities listed here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...erican_deities

I think to be on a spiritual path in itself means one believes one can become greater spiritually and believes that some others have already achieved these higher states. Using the word "powerful" here loosely as power can be applied different ways. Being able to be free of ego for example can be described as a powerful ability as it may result in a profound change in ones consciousness or being.

Catholics have so many saints. Spiritually powerful people who lived. Many are worshipped. I think it logical to assume I am at this level of spiritually and others must be higher than me and others must be lower than me. If others are higher than me, then they are a more powerful being than me. They are more able to be aligned with our powerful source and align less with negative energies.
Old 29-04-2024, 05:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Psalm 46:10: Be Still...
And I will say - it is a stillness most can not imagine.

Right not a physical stillness, an inner one. It could be an awareness so great one focuses wholly on the source as all else is not important.