Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 23-03-2015, 05:48 AM
Experiencer
Is it possible to manifest/use affirmation into somebody else's life?

I don't really intend to do anything other than my usual prayers for people I care, but I want to know if this is possible because of something that happened almost 4 years ago.

I'm a fan of a musician, and as most of his fans, I worry that he may get into drugs again, he nearly died once many years ago. Long story short, he left his band and kinda "disappeared" of public eye and whatever happened within the band he seem to have dissolved his friendships with bandmates and their mutual friends.
It sounds kinda silly, that we(fans) still worry that much for a grown up man, still we can't help but do it. Anyways, he's been to some relationships that despite lasting some years he'd never fully commit. So the foolish me was hoping he would marry his latest girlfriend.
I'd always wish this as way to be sure he'd be fine, that someone would be looking after him then one day I decide to write it down. Like a letter and of all things(good wishes), I made sure to say: "Marry your girl".

At the end of the week news of his wedding emerged and everyone was kinda baffled, fans thought it was a hoax and asked people that he used to be friends with and they were just as surprised as us saying that "it didn't sound to be something he'd do". Thing is they weren't even invited, that kinda confirms that he broke up their friendship. And we eventually did get confirmation of him getting married.

So, is this possible? To influence somebody's else life? Honestly 4 years ago I had no idea about affirmations, LAO or manifesting something. I just had this honest wish in my heart. Perhaps it was just the biggest coincidence ever?(good timing maybe?) How could I foresee it?

After that I tried wishing him to have kids with his wife but it didn't work. lol

Funny thing is, even more years ago, my mother would always be wishing a famous tv presenter to marry another, despite they never being together before. She used to say: "he's the right one for her, she deserves someone nice this time". After 1 to 2 years they started dating and got married, nowadays they're still married and have 3 kids. She was super happy when they got married. lol
Old 23-03-2015, 03:27 PM
Master
Hello,

In my view, each of us influences the lives of every one around us.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 24-03-2015, 04:23 AM
wanderlusterer

Definitely. When we pray for people, its a way of sending good affirmations out into the universe for them. When we curse someone, it sends negative affirmations. This is even more powerful when many people are in it together. Just look at how quickly people like britney spears, justin beiber and miley cyrus spiraled out of control when us fans started badmouthing them. Even if they never read their youtube comments they started behaving exactly like what we claimed they were. Just my opinion anyway.. Hope your idol does fine :)
Old 24-03-2015, 11:55 AM
StarRobin

I agree with wanderlusterer. I think thoughts and prayers can manifest into real life.
Old 24-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Deactivated Account
I think sometimes you can influence someone's decisions, but ultimately it comes down to free-will. I have influenced many people but didn't hear about it until after the fact.

Sometimes people have to veer off the right path before realizing that the direction they were going wasn't the right one for them.
"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."

-Anne Frank
Old 25-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Pathfinder

This......

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMariposa85
I think sometimes you can influence someone's decisions, but ultimately it comes down to free-will.
Old 29-05-2015, 01:56 AM
Experiencer
I forgot to reply months ago but the conclusion I made is that we can wish the best to people (or what we believe to be the best for them), and if this aligns with people's own will it can happen.

Anyways, this thread was the first time I bothered sharing about this "coincidence affirmation" and now this month his wife filed for divorce.
And he has also mentioned doing a different kind of drug at some point years ago when we (fans) thought he was sober.
So yep, again, we worry about his well being, at least his mother lives somewhat close and from what I hear she's kinda protective, so I hope he gets her support instead of going the "easy" way of doing more drugs.

He's been coming across in such a displeasing way nowadays that I see each day more and more fans disappointed and even downright angry at his poor choice of words. I'm also leaning to this path of "turning away from him", it seems that this what he wants, even wrote in a song that he needs to irritate until he's not needed anymore, that's a war. Well, whatever, he seems to be schizoid, all I can do is hope for the best.

Also, for whatever crazy coincidence the couple my mom wished to get married(that I also mentioned in OP) had a airplane accident this week but they're fine.
Old 29-05-2015, 04:35 AM
Master
It is definitely possible to manifest 'into' someone else's life. As indicated by a few above, you do that all the time. Its sometimes called looking out for others, some times is just you imposing your desire on others, and sometimes it called meddling. In truth its usually all of these. In 'regular' interactions it might be advice, help, a favor, whatever. Using 'metaphysical' methods is no different, those methods are just as effective.

I will strongly caution against trying to 'fix' someone else's life. This is meddling and often unwelcome. Even if someone asks, consider carefully if it is in their best interest (not just yours). Like a kid wanting yet more Halloween candy, perhaps its not best to let them have more.

For people trying to learn a lesson, doing something 'for' them deprives them the chance to learn that lesson.
Old 29-05-2015, 04:54 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
It is definitely possible to manifest 'into' someone else's life. As indicated by a few above, you do that all the time. Its sometimes called looking out for others, some times is just you imposing your desire on others, and sometimes it called meddling. In truth its usually all of these. In 'regular' interactions it might be advice, help, a favor, whatever. Using 'metaphysical' methods is no different, those methods are just as effective.

I will strongly caution against trying to 'fix' someone else's life. This is meddling and often unwelcome. Even if someone asks, consider carefully if it is in their best interest (not just yours). Like a kid wanting yet more Halloween candy, perhaps its not best to let them have more.

For people trying to learn a lesson, doing something 'for' them deprives them the chance to learn that lesson.
Thanks for your insight. I have no intention of meddling and I do understand that everyone has lessons to learn and own karma to solve.
Perhaps the best thing to do is just pray that whatever choice(path) someone makes(chooses) it would take them eventually to happiness and better understanding of themselves.
Old 29-05-2015, 07:28 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein

Please excuse me saying so but this is a most apposite answer. I suppose the original post arises from the evident crumbling of "society" (the collective of shared values). To me it's a shame that trying to restore a sense of society is promoted as a "spiritual technique" but better that than nothing. Once, it was normal for most people to look out for each other.
But right, don't let the act of praying become an act of preying.