Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 20-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Ascender
Owls in Norse Mythology

Owls have always scared and fascinated me for as long as I can remember.
Mostly because they always give me a shock when I hear them at night, not expecting to hear one.
There is an owl that sits in the tree outside my bedroom at happily hoots away at 3 in the morning.
I know they are associated with wisdom and messages, and the Otherworld. But in Norse Mythology, there seems to be very little on owls. Mostly which God they represent.
One would think Frigga, as she is the Goddess of Wisdom and associated with Seidr.
Does anyone know which God owls would represent?
Old 22-09-2015, 05:28 PM
Knower

Except in Hellenic religion, owls seem to be regarded as birds of ill-omen throughout the world. Personally, I envy you: all I get outside my window are pigeons. I can't trace anything about Norse owls, but this site is nice:
http://www.owlpages.com/
And have you read Susanna Clarke's "The Ladies of Grace Adieu"?
Old 13-10-2015, 12:58 PM
Ascender
Owls are cute.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:13 PM
Seeker
Since we have fairly little to go on in the way of facts concerning norse religion and spirituality (compared to many other religions at least) I would suggest doing research on what kinds of birds/owls live in indigenous lands of Scandinavia and Iceland that might end up associated with the gods. Animals tie in greatly to the shamanistic/seidr aspects of Scandinavian myth and religion so you could be on to something here :)
Old 17-12-2015, 10:54 PM
Seeker
Not sure of any association with gods, but I've always loved owls. Living in the woods in Northern Michigan I get to hear quite a few. Probably one night a week.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:44 PM
Seeker

Ayahuasca is a psychoactive plant brew known throughout the Amazon for its powerful healing and visionary properties. Ayahuasca has been used for millennia by South American shamans to divine the future, journey to the spirit world, and induce healing. The great Owl guards the shamans while they are curing. Owl medicine includes prophecy, wisdom, stealth, silence, intuition, clairvoyance, clairaudience, shapeshifting, and keen vision that can pierce all illusion. Call upon Owl to unmask and see what is truly beneath the surface - https://dmt.vision/gallery/ - what is hidden or in the shadows. Owl is a messenger of omens who will call out to let all share in its vision.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:38 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasBosler
Ayahuasca is a psychoactive plant brew known throughout the Amazon for its powerful healing and visionary properties. Ayahuasca has been used for millennia by South American shamans to divine the future, journey to the spirit world, and induce healing. The great Owl guards the shamans while they are curing. Owl medicine includes prophecy, wisdom, stealth, silence, intuition, clairvoyance, clairaudience, shapeshifting, and keen vision that can pierce all illusion. Call upon Owl to unmask and see what is truly beneath the surface what is hidden or in the shadows. Owl is a messenger of omens who will call out to let all share in its vision.

Well that is interesting about ayahuasca, I see some folks have made pilgrimages to SA to try this out. The effects last about as long as the Owsley Stanley wares 5-6 hours. On my vision quests 50 years ago, I used some Owsley 20MG STP equivalent to 20,000 mics in one dose, which took you to the vibratory level of the Universe and you were in vision state for 3-4 days 24/7. I became my own Shaman instantly as my 3rd eye had been opened at 3 years old by accident. You find the Creator is pure love as you bath in his molecules and vibrate harmoniously. You have to be very very strong to survive this experience. But I was young and on a quest, magic mushroom a handful dried one Christmas we did not measure and weigh like now. And yes the Owl is a positive being, only negative in superstition. "Nature Never Hurry's Yet Everything Is Accomplished"
Old 08-07-2020, 06:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasBosler
Ayahuasca is a psychoactive plant brew known throughout the Amazon for its powerful healing and visionary properties. Ayahuasca has been used for millennia by South American shamans to divine the future, journey to the spirit world, and induce healing. The great Owl guards the shamans while they are curing. Owl medicine includes prophecy, wisdom, stealth, silence, intuition, clairvoyance, clairaudience, shapeshifting, and keen vision that can pierce all illusion. Call upon Owl to unmask and see what is truly beneath the surface - https://dmt.vision/gallery/ - what is hidden or in the shadows. Owl is a messenger of omens who will call out to let all share in its vision.
A Lovely Picture from your shared website:
https://dmt.vision/media/shamans/img...op_upscale.jpg

But yeah, in the deep rainforest it gets a bit like that even without Ayahuasca
https://www.naturesface.com.au/galle...to-sea-2010-2/

Owls also as ‘other dimensional messengers’ appear ever so silently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_FEaFgJyfA

Old 08-07-2020, 07:22 PM
Master
Sorry Lilyth Von Gore – I do not know what Owls signify in Norse Mythology …. but Owls have been discussed before … on this thread and maybe you will also find others:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=127829

Old 09-07-2020, 12:38 AM
Ascender
I lived in the woods and the woods were filled with screech owls - it was scary as hell