Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-06-2021, 07:27 AM
Master
Had the Bible been canonized at that time when John finished Revelation?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-06-2021, 07:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky123,

The great hindrance to believing is understanding. As long as people insist on a literal approach to understanding much of the deeper meaning of the Bible will never be apparent.
I wish they would emphasise this in Schools
Old 18-06-2021, 07:54 AM
Master
Eternal Damnation.

Mark 3:29. KJV.
“But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:”
Then
Mark 3:29. New KJV.
But he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”.
Eternal Damnation v Eternal Condemnation....
Old 18-06-2021, 08:39 AM
Master
Eternity is the greater reality and truth, sky.
What's your point?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-06-2021, 08:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Eternity is the greater reality and truth, sky.
What's your point?

My point is pointing out that Eternal Damnation is written in the Bible Morph... even thought some say it isn't.
Old 18-06-2021, 11:34 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
jojo50, NICE COMMENT.
HELL has been "beaten" into the human psyche so much that it is almost impossible to eradicate. But then, for whatever personal reasons, some really do seem to enjoy promoting HELL.

oh my gosh John!... that's so true! we've been on Earth long enough to want to start finding out for OURSELVES, what's true and what's NOT! yet we still want to believe certain false teachings. and you're right again!... MANY enjoy promoting that lie. and it's because satan has Earthly followers who he uses to trick people into believing HIS LIES! but soon, they WILL be done away with.

2Cor. 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
Old 18-06-2021, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
oh my gosh John!...
Oh my gosh Jo thats so true. So many false Teachings in the Bible it's sometimes a little confusing to sort the Chaff from the Wheat
Take these verses for example,.
https://reasonsforhopejesus.com/jesus-say-hell/
I wonder are all these from the ' False Prophets '....
Old 18-06-2021, 02:04 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I wish they would emphasise this in Schools

Sky123,

Yes on one hand, no on the other hand. I believe we should only be exposed to it to see what is possible…..the knowledge of what is possible should serve as an inducement for us to discover personally the depth of Scripture. We should be seeking epiphanies and that can only be personal. It does not come so much from the interpretation of another. Perhaps scripture should be approached with the same mindset as a student of Zen Buddhism approaches a koan….a riddle to be solved that can lead to enlightenment.
Old 18-06-2021, 03:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh my gosh Jo thats so true. So many false Teachings in the Bible it's sometimes a little confusing to sort the Chaff from the Wheat
Take these verses for example,.
https://reasonsforhopejesus.com/jesus-say-hell/
I wonder are all these from the ' False Prophets '....

As I have said, some people enjoy that HELL is in the Bible for "them". It many cases, it just gives them more ammo to make fun and contradict virtually all of Jesus' teachings.

But then, even when it is shown how words were mis-translated, such as the word for Hell, they refuse to look at that mis-translation.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 18-06-2021, 03:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Mark 3:29. KJV.
“But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:”
Then
Mark 3:29. New KJV.
But he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”.
Eternal Damnation v Eternal Condemnation....
I give you credit for finding translations that do 'prove' your point.

But does that mean that Mark 16:18 should be restored to the Bible after most translators removed it?
That scripture reads:

They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them;
they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.