Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-03-2021, 05:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I'm gonna ponder this...cuz right now there is the I that is a separate individual....but if I close
my eyes to focus better...there is a bigger 'I'....like witnessing me playing a part as Miss H. and breathing Miss H ...
and digesting her food....(I mean I exp that...I'm not intellectualizing those ideas...or using my imagination.)
There is a power....it doesn't feel like 'me', tho, Miss H...
it's a presence, a spirit, something amazingly big and powerful...and 'neutral'.
(Other times not so neutral!!!!!)
Crazy, to try to explain.
The bigger I/I AM is the individual but not separate I/I AM.
Old 20-03-2021, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It could be argued that even not practising is itself a practice, because we are not practising with the hope that this absence of practice will lead to realisation. And what is it that we are not practising.
Yep, some people will say do nothing except practice of course
Old 20-03-2021, 12:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Awareness is the knowledge or perception of a situation or fact and is 100% mental. You are not talking about awareness, you are talking about something else.
So without a situation or fact to be aware of, there's no awareness?
Old 20-03-2021, 08:22 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being

Of course deep sleep and Samadhi seem to contradict that. That is it's not the absence of experience and hence consciousness/awareness but the experience of absence.

The more direct experience is that of the deep meditative state. There are times when the timer goes off seemingly just after I begin a sitting although it's been 30 - 45 minutes. I "know" I was practicing and am fully aware of being "there" during the sitting. A seeming time dilation.

The less obvious is sleep, even deep sleep. When we awake it's not as if consciousness shuts off and turns on when we awake. If it were so it would be like blinking one's eyes, a continuity only interrupted by the blink. We know we had a deep and relaxing sleep, even if no dreams are recalled.
Old 20-03-2021, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Of course deep sleep and Samadhi seem to contradict that. That is it's not the absence of experience and hence consciousness/awareness but the experience of absence.

The more direct experience is that of the deep meditative state. There are times when the timer goes off seemingly just after I begin a sitting although it's been 30 - 45 minutes. I "know" I was practicing and am fully aware of being "there" during the sitting. A seeming time dilation.

The less obvious is sleep, even deep sleep. When we awake it's not as if consciousness shuts off and turns on when we awake. If it were so it would be like blinking one's eyes, a continuity only interrupted by the blink. We know we had a deep and relaxing sleep, even if no dreams are recalled.
This is the sort of thing I've heard the likes of Rupert Spira talk about that usually leaves me thinking, 'Wait... huh?', but I think the penny may have finally dropped this time - thanks for that

(I think I can also feel an embolism coming on, but never mind )
Old 21-03-2021, 06:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Correct, we are conscious of everything else, consciousness is conscious of being aware/awareness.

Dictionary definition of words are not there to deceive us. It is more deceiving when people make up their own defintions of words subjectively and by subjectively, I mean to make up defintions of words to fit their personal feelings, beliefs, wants and desires etc etc.

The dictionary definition of words have the foundation of the eternal and infinite right here and right now. The eternal and infinite right here and right now is objective and by objective, I mean is not based on personal individual feelings, beliefs, wants and desires etc etc, everything else is pure speculation/narrative, which may or may not be true, but at the end of the day, personal individual feelings, beliefs, wants and desires etc etc that are not true do not matter. Being aware of all this, is being aware of what is really going on.
Old 21-03-2021, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak6831
Hello, I've read a lot of stuff here that I dont seem to resonate with a lot, so i thought I would set up this thread in order to for people to share truth along our path to freedom. I have read much of I Am That, I have read some of ramana maharshi, I enjoy listening to rupert spira and mooji. can people please give me more advice to stay as 'I am', I am constantly getting distracted. I know this is my mind but i haven't been able to become established within I am
Any advice dudes?

Regular affirmations stating what you are in the moment. I AM love, I AM at peace, I AM an ascended master, I AM happy. Simple affirmation like that may help to keep you on track to success. I use them daily, no more than the I AM love affirmation. Amen
Old 21-03-2021, 09:56 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
You can know and see your own face directly when you look in the mirror. What you see in the mirror is a reflection and what you see is what you get.

Now, it will be a different story, if you where to wear a mask while looking in a mirror.

Wise words. We all wear masks.
Old 21-03-2021, 10:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Wise words. We all wear masks.
Exactly

Another way to look at it is that the seen physical objective eternal and infinite right here and right now is the physical reflection of the unseen non-physical objective eternal and infinite right here and right now, knowing and being aware of this fact and situation that we exist/ find ourselves in at any moment, has nothing to do with the intellect or thinking too much.
Old 22-03-2021, 07:42 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Exactly

Another way to look at it is that the seen physical objective eternal and infinite right here and right now is the physical reflection of the unseen non-physical objective eternal and infinite right here and right now, knowing and being aware of this fact and situation that we exist/ find ourselves in at any moment, has nothing to do with the intellect or thinking too much.

I just wanted to know, how do you know that is a reflection of the unseen nonphysical objective eternal?