Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2021, 11:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera
You brought up some very good points in your post. Was nicely put when you said when we give other's our undivided attention, that attention is the purest sign of love. Cause in that moment, you have allowed yourself to create a space to share understanding and in turn where you put your attention, you show that you are listening and also our understanding with those things.

Aethera,

What else can I say other than thanks for your attention ?……😊
Old 04-08-2021, 11:36 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Aethera,
What else can I say other than thanks for your attention ?……��
I understood your points, they were good one's nonetheless. And a good reminder cause of the space becomes the foreground for sharing understanding. That comes from giving another one's undivided attention; that comes from love.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:09 PM
Master

fullness - humility - spirituality litmus tests

The op is more about spirituality litmus tests segregating fake ones from genuine ones . So my response was more from that angle providing many checklists so that any fake can be caught at least in a single POV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveleenthakur
You are frequently tricked by the appearance and get caught by the cheats who guarantee to be profound individuals.
Nonetheless, it isn't exceptionally hard to distinguish the genuinely profound individuals.
Quote:
humility is a big deal to me.
True humility is indeed a great treasure and real spiritual person must have that in abundant measure. In fact there are many more traits for spirituality .
Quote:
While it is said that ‘nature abhors a vacuum’ conversely it can be said that ‘spirit abhors fullness’ meaning we must carve out a void within ourselves that allows and welcomes the spirit.
I am not sure about the source of the bold marked words . However Hinduism tackles is bit differently . It says "I am full/whole/complete and you (God) too are full/whole /complete . But I am very small tiny portion of you (God) " . Though at a gross level both approaches looks same , there may be some minute psychological difference.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:45 PM
Master

Back to the Beatitudes: I would suggest reading each one with the opening words….’Graced with spirit’ instead of ‘Blessed’….this better conveys what I was attempting to present….
Old 05-08-2021, 08:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
I am not sure about the source of the bold marked words . However Hinduism tackles is bit differently . It says "I am full/whole/complete and you (God) too are full/whole /complete . .
Hitesh Shah,

I was considering a lengthy reply but I am settling for less……:). ‘spirit abhors fullness’=spirit does not accept fullness….the result is that we receive “the cup that runneth over”….Psalm 23……
Old 06-08-2021, 07:38 AM
Master

pearls of Beatitudes

Quote:
I would suggest reading each one with the opening words….’Graced with spirit’ instead of ‘Blessed’….this better conveys what I was attempting to present….
Beatitudes are a treasure of wisdom pearls and I respect and learn from it whatever possible.In no way I intend to offend it in anyway.

My comments earlier are my understanding expressed in my words which may probably not be perfect . I understand expressing spirit in the limits of words is next to impossible and no two person may have exactly the same account of it in same words. In fact that's a great beauty of God's re-alms.

So I completely believe humility is very important trait of a great person. And fullness ignorant of greater fullness and arrogant of it(small tiny fullness) is definitely not good and obviously spirit does not like whatever is not as per its laws .
So in effect i see a great commonality in our understandings . And hope you are not offended with any of my comments.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:22 PM
Master
"Awake" !
Old 06-08-2021, 04:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
"Awake" !
Got to love that….Awareness by Anthony DeMello was a book of inspiration for me….my copy was lost in travel but I want to remember his significant plea as ‘wake up, wake up !!’
Old 07-08-2021, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Got to love that….Awareness by Anthony DeMello was a book of inspiration for me….my copy was lost in travel but I want to remember his significant plea as ‘wake up, wake up !!’
I still have a few of DeMello's books. They are excellent !
Old 08-08-2021, 07:59 PM
Master
Here are some traits of real spiritual people:

1. They are superficial (its the only way they can exist) yet very indifferent when it comes to giving benefit of doubt, future possibilities, or treating others well.
2. They are passive observers as well as thoughtless.
3. They are seekers on the path of continuous unlearning and personal dismantlement.
4. They are also highly unintelligent.
5. They are unhelpful to people from where they are and at the time of need. Basically, if you need a helping hand, they'd gladly give you a good swift kick in the face instead.
"Asleep!"
Closed Thread