Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 31-05-2021, 08:06 AM
Deactivated Account
hearing from a loved one

I'm a Modern Spiritualist or, more simply, a Spiritualist. At the heart of Spiritualism is communication through mediumship, in practice often meaning receiving a message from a 'dead' loved one showing that they are far from dead. How can you get one from your loved one?

I've heard suggestions for learning to do-it-yourself but the probability is that many will try doing it through a medium. Finding a 'good' one may not be simple but in the UK the extensive network of Spiritualist churches can be helpful. Elsewhere churches may be harder to find or travel to and seekers may have to pay to visit a medium locally. I hope the following helps anyone planning a visit anywhere.

In recent months the pandemic has seen the emergence of groups getting together using the Zoom platform. Churches have taken their services along with the mediumship demonstrations online. Based on what I've seen of them, along with personal experience, I offer the following thoughts.

I've often suggested seekers should attend one or more mediumship demonstrations to become familiar with what happens. They may be lucky and hear from their own loved ones at their first try. If that doesn't happen they shouldn't feel too dispirited - it's not unusual.

Your loved one will be as unfamiliar with communicating a message to you via a medium as you are getting one! Some will be effective communicators from the word go and be able to get through to you on the very first occasion. Others won't BUT attending a demonstration of mediumship will give both of you the chance to become familiarised with what happens. That probably sounds obvious and should indicate the desirability of trying more than just once.

Based on what I've seen regularly the ones who have communicated in the past are the ones who will do it again in the future. In practice it can mean that the successful ones at one session are often successful at the next one. It's been obvious to me that the regulars at church are the ones most regularly getting messages. That could mean you may have to sit and wait through a number of demonstrations before the medium gets a contact for you. Even if they do your loved one will still be unfamiliar with the process and may find it hard.

In an ideal world the medium's helpers would have an organised group of communicators waiting in line patiently to give their message to the medium. Ideally the helper would organise the waiting group so someone who had not received a message before would be prioritised over those who had. It doesn't always work that way in practice!

The impression I've gained is it may be a free-for-all 'over there' and the spirit with the loudest voice, and/or the spirit most forceful, and/or the one most experienced at pushing through the crowd will deliver their message first - perhaps most times. The lesson to be taken from that is the desirability of going to open meetings a few times to maximise your chance of a loved one managing to get through.

If you intend to arrange a private sitting it will give you a good feel for what to do and what not to do. It should also help you understand what you might reasonably expect from the medium. Vitally importantly it should give you confidence to know whether to expect from mediumship compared with psychic reading.

Discuss......
Old 01-06-2021, 10:06 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm a Modern Spiritualist or, more simply, a Spiritualist. At the heart of Spiritualism is communication through mediumship, in practice often meaning receiving a message from a 'dead' loved one showing that they are far from dead. How can you get one from your loved one?

I've heard suggestions for learning to do-it-yourself but the probability is that many will try doing it through a medium. Finding a 'good' one may not be simple but in the UK the extensive network of Spiritualist churches can be helpful. Elsewhere churches may be harder to find or travel to and seekers may have to pay to visit a medium locally. I hope the following helps anyone planning a visit anywhere.

In recent months the pandemic has seen the emergence of groups getting together using the Zoom platform. Churches have taken their services along with the mediumship demonstrations online. Based on what I've seen of them, along with personal experience, I offer the following thoughts.

I've often suggested seekers should attend one or more mediumship demonstrations to become familiar with what happens. They may be lucky and hear from their own loved ones at their first try. If that doesn't happen they shouldn't feel too dispirited - it's not unusual.

Your loved one will be as unfamiliar with communicating a message to you via a medium as you are getting one! Some will be effective communicators from the word go and be able to get through to you on the very first occasion. Others won't BUT attending a demonstration of mediumship will give both of you the chance to become familiarised with what happens. That probably sounds obvious and should indicate the desirability of trying more than just once.

Based on what I've seen regularly the ones who have communicated in the past are the ones who will do it again in the future. In practice it can mean that the successful ones at one session are often successful at the next one. It's been obvious to me that the regulars at church are the ones most regularly getting messages. That could mean you may have to sit and wait through a number of demonstrations before the medium gets a contact for you. Even if they do your loved one will still be unfamiliar with the process and may find it hard.

In an ideal world the medium's helpers would have an organised group of communicators waiting in line patiently to give their message to the medium. Ideally the helper would organise the waiting group so someone who had not received a message before would be prioritised over those who had. It doesn't always work that way in practice!

The impression I've gained is it may be a free-for-all 'over there' and the spirit with the loudest voice, and/or the spirit most forceful, and/or the one most experienced at pushing through the crowd will deliver their message first - perhaps most times. The lesson to be taken from that is the desirability of going to open meetings a few times to maximise your chance of a loved one managing to get through.

If you intend to arrange a private sitting it will give you a good feel for what to do and what not to do. It should also help you understand what you might reasonably expect from the medium. Vitally importantly it should give you confidence to know what to expect from mediumship compared with psychic reading.