Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-05-2021, 12:28 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Did this person ever tell you what makes her think you were a medium? Did you think you gave her reason to believe so?
What I'd be interested in is what you might have been saying for her to think you were a medium.

No she didn't. And I don't think I gave her any reason.
We were just friends casually talking about stuff.
And one day some advanced readers were trying to help me with identifying my psychic abiities. Since one reader said that she'll help in a moment i waited.
And the person who said that I'm a medium called me aside while I was waiting and told me that I am well like i told you before, a medium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Mediums are psychic but psychics aren't necessarily mediums, and there is a difference. Psychic is more of a sixth-sense than anything else and it's intuitive, reading people's energies and the like. Mediums work with a direct Spirit link that is usually initiated by the medium, often after meditation but that's not a necessity. They also work as a go-between if you like, passing messages between a person and a Spirit. That's where the 'medium' comes in, because they are a medium or a channel.

Hmm is being a medium more advanced than being psychic? Or is it just different.
Old 25-05-2021, 01:32 AM
Ascender
youtube has a great community of people to learn from
Old 25-05-2021, 01:50 AM
Administrator
Hello

I so feel that we all have the abilities within us but that we do not all open to them and at times its best we might not open to it all. Once that door is open it does not go closed with any ease.

When someone tells me something "I take it with a grain of sand" in that maybe they might know something about me but on many levels I could care less what is known. It is more about being comfortable and content in whom you are as you open to new venues.

I feel that others can "guide" that path but what is truly there within you is up to you to let open and grow. Asking always questions that you truly can get a clear yes and no reply to and to what you want to truly know.

I get a lot that as me on what they have within them, I can read into that but it is not my place to open their personal doors.

I have over the years read, seen live, and watched so much on the topic and I take what works for me from it all and I discard the rest. If the shoe fits my foot I will wear it if its tight I will not wish to wear it. I see it with knowlege too we all have our own path on what we feel is real to us and what is useful to us.

Take it slow let things flow. Do not go around doing investigations as you do not know what you might open to. Take it slow trust in you inner voice and intuition to guide the process.

Lynn
Old 25-05-2021, 05:15 AM
Seeker

Thank you, lynn :) i really appreciate it
Old 25-05-2021, 05:56 AM
Deactivated Account
quote:"Hmm is being a medium more advanced than being psychic? Or is it just different."

This suggests you're still not following why the two are different.... Ask yourself the same question - do YOU think they're just different attributes?

I expect some, perhaps many whose attributes solely involve psychic awareness/sensitivity will answer 'no' to your question.

Experienced mediums themselves will tell you mediumship requires a greater level of self-awareness, self-control and development of their awareness. That's important in order that they do not allow themselves to 'drop into' psychic reading when they should be providing trans-dimensional communication.

Some mediums may still have difficulty doing that - there is no single level of spiritual development that defines being a medium. Even those who use their mediumship regularly will be at differing levels of personal spiritual development. Some will be much more accomplished than others.

Think of things this way. Those who enjoy awareness and sensitivity may have the potential to develop into becoming mediums. There is no single pathway, no single way that is right. Some will choose to learn all they can about all manner of related issues, others will choose not to. Some will be so-called natural mediums, individuals who have always had the gift of mediumship and will not seek - or need to - develop its quality.
Old 25-05-2021, 07:57 AM
Seeker

Thank you bobjob :)
Old 25-05-2021, 08:01 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerennialStyxie
No she didn't. And I don't think I gave her any reason.
We were just friends casually talking about stuff.
And one day some advanced readers were trying to help me with identifying my psychic abiities. Since one reader said that she'll help in a moment i waited.
And the person who said that I'm a medium called me aside while I was waiting and told me that I am well like i told you before, a medium
There are people who can sense other mediums without even talking to them, I've known quite a few and I am one myself. Perhaps it 'comes with the territory'. A true psychic would be able to tell as well so it's plausible enough. If you're still in contact with them then it's worth thinking about asking their advice as to next steps, I'd guess that if they can't help you themselves they may be able to point you in the right direction. Really the only answer to this is to try and and experience it for yourself.

Most good mediumship development people are nurturing and they'll lead you by your metaphorical hand through your development. I'm guessing that the reason you asked that question is that you're curious enough to want to pursue it but there's a part of you that's wary. And your mind has probably conjured up some scary stories to tell yourself. Mediumship circles are protected and their leaders are always keeping an eye on you, and they would pick up an anything suspicious straight away.

If you don't at least try it, you'll always be wondering and there's nothing worse than sitting there in two month's time thinking "What if I had followed that through?".

Quote:
Hmm is being a medium more advanced than being psychic? Or is it just different.
It's not really a case of being more or less advanced than the other, it's just different. Psychics read people directly but that's a skill in itself, so depending on the psychic they could be reading energies, facial micro-expressions, body language, using their intuition, watching reactions..... Mediums make a direct Spirit link so it's a communication with Spirit on a one-to-one basis. Keeping it very simple for the sake of clarity. Both have their own power/talents. Some put mediumship above being psychic and others put the 'clairs' into hierarchies but really, it's snobbery.
Old 25-05-2021, 08:07 AM
Seeker

Thank you greenslade. I don't see the person these days so can't ask now.
Your post helped a lot :) while i do get that it can be tough, it thrills me to think i can connect with spirits.
Old 25-05-2021, 10:58 AM
Administrator
I would have to agree with what Greenslade. lynn and bobjob have said

Namaste
Old 25-05-2021, 11:09 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thank you bobjob :)

My pleasure. I hope now you're beginning to see and understand the differences between psychic reading - for example - and mediumship.