Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 18-07-2020, 01:04 PM
Knower

Transhumanism

Transhumanism.

It has been dubbed by its PR propagandists as something wonderful, inevitable -- specifically: "The next step in human evolution." It proceeds from there.

Already, a tell-tale sign is revealed to those not so temporal as those behind this overall demented cultural movement.

Never-mind that this movement, in my opinion, is built upon a false construct -- the faulty premise that is (social) Darwinism.

So as to avoid a lengthy and somewhat irrelevant digression on this matter, for the sake of brevity this particular credo shall pass without further comment.

Transhuman.

My introduction to the term was in fact a positive one. I first encountered the word in a beautiful literary classic titled Cosmic Consciousness, penned by Richard Maurice Bucke, and published around the turn of the 20th century, over 100 years ago. The context in which this word was used was of course entirely different than the connotation it holds today. State-of-the-art, high-tech devices were something Mr. Bucke knew nothing of and likely could not even imagine ever existing. His was a truly spiritual worldview, centered around not a biological meatsuit in supposed need of a mechanical upgrade but one spirit-centered, with an emphasis on evolving the human soul, and the goal of ultimately attaining a state of higher consciousness via a metaphysical or cosmic as opposed to a digital connection, not by way of secular if not atheistic technology (i.e. pseudo-transcendence).

The transhumanists of today like to couch their spiritually warped and morally twisted philosophy in euphemistic language. Terms like "enhancement" and "advancement" and "improvement" are bandied about. Clever spin-doctoring, to say the least.

If there's ever an internet forum where people ought to be able to see through all the promoted upsides of the modern-day transhumanist movement through to its spiritually hollow core, I would think it to be this one.

Yes, there are a few genuine positives, in the case of say, prosthetics, for example. The claim is made that advances in robotics and genetic engineering and nanotechnology will be of great assistance within the medical field; will help the elderly; prolong life. Yes, these are good things but what they don't and won't talk about are the numerous negative aspects of the transhumanist agenda, which they themselves might not even know about, and which outweigh these positives. Of course the salesman is only going to highlight the polished finish and not the rusted chassis of the item he's trying to pass off to his intended dupe. A person's naivete is played upon.

Who's primarily behind the transhumanist movement? The military. Intelligence agencies. High-ranking officials within globally minded government institutions. Not to delve into it here, but see what this device can do? Wow! How convenient! This makes me feel so secure! The public buys it up, unquestioningly. Another lemon is sold.

It's my feeling that normalizing something doesn't necessarily make it right. Another word for normalizing might be -- and in this case, especially -- desensitizing or conditioning (e.g. via predictive programming).

Inventions that were initially designed or advertized to be or as being something beneficial, within this world of ours have had a tendency of becoming misappropriated. No wonder, when it is those at the top of the pyramid, the corrupt if not anti-human, who are running the show.

Within the transhumanist movement, there are those who even envision and are all for a posthuman Earth, where only ASI will exist on the planet. Doesn't this sound even just a wee bit disturbing to you?

Many if not most if not all transhumanists are scientific materialists, who feel that the physical world is all there is, and who reject the paranormal and the mystical. These ones long for immortality in the future here-and-now as they do not believe in a hereafter, and are more than willing to merge themselves with machine if need be in order to achieve this.

For those of you who have experienced otherworldliness and who accept the reality of the incorporeal realms and other sentient states of existence beyond the earthplane, what do you make of all this?

Last edited by Found Goat : 18-07-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Old 18-07-2020, 01:23 PM
Master

the whole point of this place is to tear down anything we build up. So suppose they succeed? It cannot last. They will not get the outcome they desire in perpetuity.
Old 18-07-2020, 07:57 PM
Master

I recently read a Nobel Price winner (virologist) saying that the current covid-19 will disappear by itself (unfortunately after more deaths will happen) because nature tends to reject the unnatural interventions, and (based on his in depth research) the covid is man made (hiv stem added to coronavirus), and without further human support it can't last.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 18-07-2020, 08:25 PM
Knower

It's to be noted that transhumanism needn't take the form of a cyborg or brain/computer interfacing but also includes arguably monstrous and presently theoretical chimeras as well, which some imagine will also be a thing of the future. "Self-directed evolution" they call this. Whereas, a more traditional evolutionist might describe it as interfering with natural selection (i.e. unnatural).

It seems that the most vocal group commendably speaking out against transhumanism is the Church yet even this isn't saying much, as it has only hitherto been a minority within it who have (primarily post-evangelicals), whereas others of the faith appear willing to accept certain aspects of the transhumanist philosophy (possibly unwittingly), as if unaware that the Bible even exists.

On a more positive note, there have been some New Agers and mystics and others longing to escape the matrix, who have begun to wake up to this movement and who have also joined in with this important discussion. After all, transhumanism, as envisioned by the movers and shakers, is an issue that people of all backgrounds and belief systems will likely one day have to face sooner or later and seriously consider where they stand on it.

Already, it is said, within this so-called Hybrid Age that we have entered (no, not in reference to the so-called ET Breeding Program thought to exist), there are "churches" that have been formed in worship of A.I. (The beginning of a new religion?)

There have even been some prominent players in the field of A.I. research who have expressed their misgivings as to where all this seems to be heading, and yet, as if caught in a trance, they continue on with their work, like something spiritually regressive that cannot be stopped or is destined to be, perhaps in fulfillment of prophecy.
Old 19-07-2020, 09:41 AM
Master

It seems to me to be quite normal that all discoveries of all kinds both mental and physical will be subjected to every possible examination and every possible projection. That's why science and medicine came into being.

Your implication that the information we have will be used in some sort of nefarious way only relates not only to religious or secular trends or philosophies but also to all we have and use. IMO Darwin's theory is as good as any - maybe even until something better comes along.

I am one of those who has experienced 'otherworldliness' and the existence of 'incorporeal realms' and am led to believe that cosmic consciousness however it may be described is a part of evolution taking an uncontrolled jump.

Pearl Hawkins following in the footsteps of Burke with her book Dr. Bucke Revisited took the trouble of gathering a whole collection of CC experiences at the beginning of this century. She added a second title Quantum Consciousness with the intent of keeping CC in touch with a rapidly idea-changing world.

Nothing matters really is what I say, everything throws shadows, but those moments of CC which have passed through my mind display a universe which passes all comprehension. It was there before we came along - which is quite a calming thought.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 20-07-2020, 06:53 PM
Knower

It's my feeling that so-called primitive peoples, the indigenous and tribal societies, those who tend to live in harmony with their natural environment, are more in touch with cosmic consciousness or what is truly transcendent than (post)modern man is; the latter who may even think himself more evolved on account of his technologies.

That is not to say we moderns ought to go native. I enjoy the positive benefits that civilization has to offer, just as much as the next person (those that satisfy and facilitate our basic needs, primarily -- our modes of transportation, supermarkets, indoor plumbing, as some examples). I just feel that with the arrival of the digital revolution in the last few decades, and with it the overall nature-deprived digital natives, that our culture has already begun to live out of balance so to speak, and is increasingly being led further away from our roots and our lovely planet.
Old 20-07-2020, 09:10 PM
Master
Yes I agree... humans are losing their roots, their sense of self in relation to the environment they live in. How many people can name even 20 bird species from their environment these days? Instead we have become obsessed with technology. Many people are glued to their smartphone, obsessed with hashtags and trends, which are ran by big business and social influencers. New tech should always be treated with scepticism and suspicion. With ''transhumanism'' we will enter an age where we put more and more tech in our bodies, and who will control the tech? It is worrying and too often it's presented as if having concerns just means you're paranoid and some luddist.
Old 21-07-2020, 06:10 AM
Master
I honestly don't understand any of it.

All I know is that technology is generationally relative. For the "Boomers" and "Gen X" it was a whole different world before the advent of the internet...a world that we can still remember and so, being implanted with computer bits until we resemble the Borg from Star Trek TNG seems like the work of a Frankenstein society. The whole idea of what is "normal" and "natural" for the evolution of the species seems not to apply in regards to this.

This will probably not be an issue to those born after 1990..as such technology and the indoctrination into such technology is all they can remember, so it will naturally BE the next step in evolution, when humanity becomes nothing more than a ghost in the machine....like the book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?" By Philip K Dyck.

For me, this "Transhuman" thing is more spiritual than physical as it entails going beyond what we identify with AS a human being until pure awareness and subsequent bliss is achieved. Can this be reproduced by artificial means? Possibly...but I doubt it..until the Borg can experience infinite love, joy and peace as being a part of the "collective".

Whatever the case, I feel it is something for the "next generation" and not my own, as we shall pass into the world beyond having experienced our own set of circumstances and whatever happens to the future of humanity will be up to those who create it for themselves...which will no longer be any of our concern.
Old 25-07-2020, 05:27 PM
Master
Transhumanism

When considering the "next generation" of humans, take the advice of two females named "Lucy":

...and if you've ever seen the scene in the 2nd reference, where the second "Lucy" touched what "was" metaphorically, the first "Lucy"...

You'll never get "Borg"ed assimilating the ramifications of this never-repeated, never ending process of becoming! Why?

"Persistence is utile".

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5U-Pe-qjok Who is Lucy the Australopithecus? (fact)

Reference: https://www.google.com/search?q=Lucy...hrome&ie=UTF-8 Lucy, the movie (fiction)

Reference: https://www.thecinemaholic.com/lucy-sequel/ Lucy 2(future)??
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 26-07-2020, 08:07 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Whatever the case, I feel it is something for the "next generation" and not my own, as we shall pass into the world beyond having experienced our own set of circumstances

Not necessarily, because machine-like transhumanism has a precursor RIGHT NOW: the unforgiving progress of technology, especially in the IT industry, which ofc powers dreams of transhumanists (mind connected to internet, etc). And the current wave of radical, discontinuous change is powered by a bunch of sociopaths like bezos and zuckerberg, who lack human emotions and are obsessed by "disruptions" and exhibit capitalist tendencies akin to 19th century robber barons.
So, what is happening around us is laying the foundations to inhuman, cyborgised transhumanism.