Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 10-01-2020, 01:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Most people meditate with their eyes closed making it difficult to ascertain exactly what they report as 'seeing'. I meditate with my eyes open and what I see generally is some interesting things. People used to go to seances and saw things with their physical eye. Now, most people have their eyes closed: a completely different experience.

When running meditation groups, I often advise beginners to sit with their eyes "half open" gazing at the floor at a 45 degree angle. Closed eyes can induce sleep while open eyes (initially) leaves them open to distractions which they may not be able to handle initially. Eventually, of course, it does not matter whether the eyes are open or closed. I do both depending on the setting.

Regarding the open eyes and "seeing" in that state, I was discussing meditation with an acquaintance many years ago and the discussion alone can draw me into a meditative state. While we were talking, he indicated that the spirit of his uncle, with whom he had a problematic relationship when he uncle was on the earth plane, was in the room with us at that moment. I looked at my staircase and saw a figure standing there. I asked him if his uncle was a tall, thin man standing on the third stair. He was stunned that I saw him too exactly where he saw him and the description was accurate. Although my eyes were open and we were both seeing the same thing, I reflected on that more afterwards. Were we having a joint hallucination? Was I picking up his projected thoughts telepathically? Was the higher power manifesting as his uncle before our eyes? Was it literally the spirit of his uncle? Could there be other explanations?

This happened with my eyes fully open. You raise an interesting point.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes I know the Quotes are supposedly from Spirits, but then you will get different messages from other recipients. I personally don't put to much value to these types of things but that's just me
I have had some really good messages which have been 100% accurate while attending a Spiritualist Church and their Healing Session are enjoyable but I am still dubious regarding Books etc. I suppose it's because most of the time I look for personal experiences rather than the experiences of others.

You definitely do not want to listen to my views on Abortion, a Friend was a SRN in a Private Abortion Clinic and was so traumatized by what she saw and was expected to do that she had to leave and receive Mental Health Treatment. It broke my heart listening to what went on. It sounded like a Slaughter House....

As leadville also said, spirits are NOT "omniscient" and one can indeed get "different messages from other recipients". I listen, and weigh-and-measure. After all, if one asked people from France what is it like to live in France, one would get lots of different answers with varying degrees of consistency. However, one would get an idea of what France is like from the composite. Obviously, in order to really know, one must go there....and, even then, one still cannot see all aspects of France.

It reminds me of the classic story of the group of blind men trying to describe an elephant. Each felt a different part and hence each of their descriptions varied significantly. However, the composite viewing would give a pretty good description of the elephant when the various views were synthesized into a consistent whole.

Nonetheless, you point is quite valid.

Regarding abortions, I can sense the horror in your statement and can reasonably intuit what you have to say about abortions without you having to actually say it.
Old 10-01-2020, 01:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Something else I would notice is that another face would appear over the person's face I would be looking act.

That too is an interesting phenomenon that I too have observed infrequently. It's almost as if their true colors were being exposed.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
When running meditation groups, I often advise beginners to sit with their eyes "half open" gazing at the floor at a 45 degree angle. Closed eyes can induce sleep while open eyes (initially) leaves them open to distractions which they may not be able to handle initially. Eventually, of course, it does not matter whether the eyes are open or closed. I do both depending on the setting.

Regarding the open eyes and "seeing" in that state, I was discussing meditation with an acquaintance many years ago and the discussion alone can draw me into a meditative state. While we were talking, he indicated that the spirit of his uncle, with whom he had a problematic relationship when he uncle was on the earth plane, was in the room with us at that moment. I looked at my staircase and saw a figure standing there. I asked him if his uncle was a tall, thin man standing on the third stair. He was stunned that I saw him too exactly where he saw him and the description was accurate. Although my eyes were open and we were both seeing the same thing, I reflected on that more afterwards. Were we having a joint hallucination? Was I picking up his projected thoughts telepathically? Was the higher power manifesting as his uncle before our eyes? Was it literally the spirit of his uncle? Could there be other explanations?

This happened with my eyes fully open. You raise an interesting point.
When I meditate, I meditate with eyes open and rock from side to side. The rocking keeps me awake but it also gives me depth perception. By doing this, some things seem to be 'appearing' which I thought were distant but in reality, appear to be 'manifesting' themselves within my aura.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-01-2020, 02:10 PM
Master
Quote:
That too is an interesting phenomenon that I too have observed infrequently. It's almost as if their true colors were being exposed.
I never thought about it that the person's 'true colors' were being shown. Interesting idea. I always thought it might be another spirit might be over shadowing them.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 10-01-2020, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
As leadville also said, spirits are NOT "omniscient" and one can indeed get "different messages from other recipients". I listen, and weigh-and-measure. After all, if one asked people from France what is it like to live in France, one would get lots of different answers with varying degrees of consistency. However, one would get an idea of what France is like from the composite. Obviously, in order to really know, one must go there....and, even then, one still cannot see all aspects of France.

It reminds me of the classic story of the group of blind men trying to describe an elephant. Each felt a different part and hence each of their descriptions varied significantly. However, the composite viewing would give a pretty good description of the elephant when the various views were synthesized into a consistent whole.

Nonetheless, you point is quite valid.

Regarding abortions, I can sense the horror in your statement and can reasonably intuit what you have to say about abortions without you having to actually say it.

Say a little Prayer for those innocent Babies please
Old 11-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Master
Quote:
When I meditate, I meditate with eyes open and rock from side to side. The rocking keeps me awake but it also gives me depth perception. By doing this, some things seem to be 'appearing' which I thought were distant but in reality, appear to be 'manifesting' themselves within my aura.

When I meditate, I get so absorbed that I lose body consciousness altogether so I actually don't know if I am still or "rock" as you do.

Once, when I was in the steam room at my gym, it became very hot and everyone ran out of the room. For some reason, I decided to just sit and meditate on the nature of heat. When I finally opened my eyes, the steam had subsided and the room was full of people staring at me. My friend Clif stated that, when they returned to the steam room, I was sitting there absolutely motionless. They could not detect breath coming from my nostrils and there was no movement of the diaphragm that generally accompanies breathing. They were afraid to touch me for fear of inducing shock and were just about to call the front desk to ask for possible medical assistance.

I suspect that, when I meditate alone, it is the same. However, I mention this specific case because there were witnesses. I rarely, if ever, meditate in groups any more so this was one of the few instances of people observing me when I thought that I was meditating alone.

Nowadays, I rarely do sitting meditations but meditate in other ways.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
I never thought about it that the person's 'true colors' were being shown. Interesting idea. I always thought it might be another spirit might be over shadowing them.

Yours, of course, is another possible explanation.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Say a little Prayer for those innocent Babies please

Those babies might not be as "innocent" as appears on the surface. It depends on your understanding of the nature of life, "purgatory", reincarnation, etc.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:10 PM
hazada guess

Abortion is a controversial subject for me,but this is what I believe,people may disagree but its just my thinking.
From a souls point of view,some don't join the foetus until just before birth and indeed some enter the body after birth.(Some babies are born with no life in their eyes,that comes later when the soul has joined).Some souls just like being in the womb and they know that they are going to be aborted,souls can join the foetus at any time.
Abortion can be a lesson for the mother to learn,(Preplanned),but whatever happens I think that the mother can rest assured that the soul of the baby will live on whatever happens and could join another body when the time is right.