Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 07-06-2015, 05:21 AM
Pathfinder

Well that was dumb.

So basically, I developed a massive crush on someone last year. For some reason I never told them how I felt and would probably never see them again. i thought that I would get over this crush just as I have gotten over previous crushes. But that never happened, even after half a year. I tried emailing them recently asking how they're doing, but did not get a reply. I'm a little terrified that this will haunt me forever--Do you have any advice for this sort of silliness? I've tried distracting myself with work and other good stuff, yet every now and then I'd find myself thinking about this person. And yes, I'm aware that every person has their flaws and that this person could have an @$3h0l3-y side for all I know. But I still am rather fond of them, and I've never really liked someone this much before.

Not sure if it's all in my head and I need help or something, lol. Or if I should be creepy and send them an awkwardly out-of-the-blue text message.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:21 AM
Ascender
Try it if you like him.
Be a friend first. And know about him more.
Good luck :)
Old 07-06-2015, 10:28 AM
Lorelyen

Depending on the circumstances - distance, how you met and what you learned of each other then... why not ask them if they'd like to meet with you just to keep in touch?

On this mundane world it's more awkward for a female as the male is expected to make the initial approaches but attitudes are changing so a plain friendly txt might work. As you have their email addy and phone it's worth a try. If they reply 'no' or don't reply at all you have a little work to do on "obsession banishment".

Have you asked yourself what you like about them?

Have you tried finding something about them you don't like?

But you're right. There is an initial gloss when people first meet. However, there's also nothing wrong with listening to your intuition. Do you think you'd get on?

Old 07-06-2015, 11:12 AM
littlejbird

what about looking at the situation carefully and asking yourself why you never told them?
and being okay with and accepting all outcomes may help
Old 07-06-2015, 12:20 PM
Master
hi

hi we all hav crushhhh we do
if his 1 it will hapen if his not 1 he will cum is wt i got told yrs ago

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 07-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Kiran65

I think Lorelyen gave you sound advice, although I'd make one addition--I'd email again, and put in you aren't sure you have the correct email addy for them, and you'd really like to get back in touch (maybe include a reason you haven't been in touch--some excuse, you had mislaid the addy, or something like that, or even that you have been thinking of them, etc), and ask them to let you know if the addy is correct. That way, if you don't hear back, you have a good reason to text. And you can do the same in the text, either say you just found their #, or that something reminded you of them, whatever. Honestly, if someone said they just thought of me and wanted to get in touch, I don't think I'd find it creepy--I think I'd find it rather flattering.

Plus, we all lead busy lives. I had a friend I used to work with who just got in touch after four years. I didn't find it insulting, I understood--I hadn't kept in touch with her either.

I say give it a go--who knows, maybe they feel the same way, and were too shy or whatever to contact you. What do you have to lose? If they don't feel the same way, at least you won't be left regretting having never tried.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:54 AM
Knower

It's healthy to have crushes. I don't know if it's fully explainable but I'll try....

In between relationships I have crushes, and if one fizzes another appears until I am in another relationship. I think it keeps us feeling alive, loving and loveable. It's a healthy thing....try to relax into it and stop judging yourself. All is well.

Before you know it you will meet a fabulous person and be so happy. All is well.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:08 PM
Seeker

Yeah you should just message them, keep it casual. If you think you have established a strong enough connection with that person, you should have no fears, just keep things light and humorous. You should be fine.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:08 PM
Master
Yes contact them it's the best thing to do. If it works fine, but if it doesn't then you can finally move on :)

I wish you the best !

PS: Don't be afraid to ask someone out on a date when you like them ! If they say yes then it's amazing, if they say no well you can move on.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
It's healthy to have crushes. I don't know if it's fully explainable but I'll try....

In between relationships I have crushes, and if one fizzes another appears until I am in another relationship. I think it keeps us feeling alive, loving and loveable. It's a healthy thing....try to relax into it and stop judging yourself. All is well.

Before you know it you will meet a fabulous person and be so happy. All is well.

I like this, the crushes are wonderful indeed

I would be worry if I don't feel a crush on someone