Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 03-03-2014, 02:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Question At a loss

Greetings,

I'm hoping this is in the right section, but I've been feeling like this for awhile now. It was around Fall of 2012 that I began my search to discover my spirituality. So far, it's lead me to Wicca, Witchcraft, and now Core Shamanism. But even still, I feel, disconnected; as if I'm just running around in circles almost.

I'm unsure as what to do next. I know this isn't something to be accomplished instantaneously, but it's frustrating reading so many different articles and books with most of the information being so contradicting.

I feel as if my path is nature based which is most of the Pagan religions, but I'm unsure of which path to follow exactly. Are the beginning years supposed to be this confusing or am I just in the wrong?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Master
Hi Aelfwynn,

Buddhism can give you something very basic -- like finding out that core of who you are -- that inner silence thing from which to operate/function in your spiritual life -- you can do whatever you want once you realize that. It's not all that easy to explain, but maybe this suggestion will help.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwynn
Greetings,

I'm hoping this is in the right section, but I've been feeling like this for awhile now. It was around Fall of 2012 that I began my search to discover my spirituality. So far, it's lead me to Wicca, Witchcraft, and now Core Shamanism. But even still, I feel, disconnected; as if I'm just running around in circles almost.

I'm unsure as what to do next. I know this isn't something to be accomplished instantaneously, but it's frustrating reading so many different articles and books with most of the information being so contradicting.

I feel as if my path is nature based which is most of the Pagan religions, but I'm unsure of which path to follow exactly. Are the beginning years supposed to be this confusing or am I just in the wrong?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
The journey is about unlearning so it's natural to bounce around.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:13 AM
Naddread

If you feel your path is nature based then forget the books and labels for a while. Develop a relationship with nature that is yours alone and move in that foundation.

~Naddread~
Old 03-03-2014, 05:22 AM
Master

How long did you stick with Wicca Aelfwynn? Or maybe I should ask what books you studied. The main thrust of Wicca (at least the old style Wicca from the 60's that I learned) is to be in tune with Nature and follow the cycles of the Earth. I'm just wondering if you stuck with it long enough.

As Naddread said - try to develop a relationship with Nature
Old 03-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Master
Aelfwynn, when it comes to pagan beliefs/lifestyles, you will learn nothing of value from books except other people's opinions. You will only "learn" by direct experience of total immersion in Nature. So, how to do that ? Easy way - become a Volunteer in one of the many conservation groups in your area [get some soil under your fingernails ]. Hard way [my way] - wandering the wilder places in your land [sleeping rough and solitary, overnight vigils in places of spiritual power/places which are "special" to you]
Naddread had the right of it !

Finally STAY AWAY FROM RELIGIONS !
Old 03-03-2014, 11:48 PM
LadyTerra

All great advice...another thing you could do is to become familiar with your heritage--really get in-touch with your roots.

You may suddenly discover that you're being guided by the voices of your Ancestors.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

Ever your friend,

LadyTerra
Old 04-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you everyone; all the advice you've given has been very helpful. I'll be honest and admit that I've had my nose in the books more than I've been out in nature. And even with work and such, there's no excuse.

And this won't be an easy path. Since I grew up in a Christian household, I was silly and assumed this would be along the same lines in terms of learning. But you're always learning something at every moment, this moment included.

Thanks again everyone.