Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 02-08-2011, 05:11 AM
Aglaia

Color Paganism and healing?

Hi there
I would be very grateful to hear how some have found healing in different areas of their life with their faith?
Thank you

Aglaia.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Master
Aglaia [ hate to see questions go unanswered ! ] I suppose the simplest answer is that most pagans have a leaning towards Complementary Medicine and so healings will be result of the practices there.
For myself, the most effective methods have been acupuncture and meditation. Acupuncture certainly was an important "add-on" to heart surgery in terms of recovery. Meditation was a big help in stress relief and, eventually, brought me to my present spiritual state as a servant of Mother Earth.
I hope you get many more answers because this is a good question which deserves them.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Arlan Lares

I agree with norseman; and pagans are such a diverse group that it is hard to generalise very much about pagans and healing. Paganism encompasses a large number of beliefs and traditions, as discussed in the thread about "the usefulness of the term".
Old 03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aglaia
Hi there
I would be very grateful to hear how some have found healing in different areas of their life with their faith?
Thank you

Aglaia.

I guess for me much of it works as a combination of intuition, knowing my own body, evaluation of cause and effect and divine intervention. For me it takes a lot to get me to the doctor, if I am unable to better myself within about 10 to 14 days, then I will seek medical help. Now of course this excludes emergencies

nightowl
Old 04-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Aglaia

Thank you!
Am interested in physical and spiritual/emotional healing.
Yes it is diverse, but am happy to hear from anyone.
:)
Old 04-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Sungirl

I have found a great sense of healing simply by having a faith that gives me a framework to understand life by. Taking in the more classical threads such as the effects of the cycles of the seasons and things like astrology have helped me understand what is going on around me.

Also the belief that everything happens for a reason has allowed me to deal with difficult times, I think I would have handled things a lot worse without my faith to hang on to.

I have gone down a route of crystal healing and bach remedies along with learning about suppliments and how they can help work with illnesses that the doctors are either unintrested in or would fill me full of anitdepressants for.

I am a looong way off of where I want my mind/body/spirit to be, but I do feel I am on a path to work towards that point.

I think being spiritual (as opposed to religious) allows you to look outside the normal box and allows you to accept the possibility of finding healing in places other than the doctors surgery... that to me is vitally important.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Aglaia

Thank you :)
Old 16-10-2011, 11:49 AM
dragon charms

For myself, I see having different areas to work with if something is out of harmony.

Mental/Emotional/Physical/Spiritual

First it was the study and use of herbalism. I leaned how to heal myself, family and animals with herbs. I have a deep connection with earth and nature which is apart of my personal belief system.

Meditation is another form of healing that I use for reduction of stress and inner wisdom/insight.

Learning about my human body and it's energy pathways is another area of healing I studied and use. (Energy medicine)

When I feel I'm in a disharmonic state, I check for the mind/body connection first. See what area of myself I need to focus on and perhaps change to something more positive. I spend time alone "to ponder".

If it's a mental area (stress/depression) I use affirmation/visualization/meditation and crystal work. I will work with divination (tarot/pendulum/my own divination tools) to get another sense of what I can be doing to create more balance or get answers. I also use self hypnosis.

If it's emotional, I use meditation/tarot/ to get perspective and flower essences I make for myself have been of great use and benefit. Time spent in nature. Affirmation.

If it's physical, I use herbs, flower essences, energy medicine.

If it's spiritual, I meditate, spend more time in nature. I read inspirational works.

If it's an all over life issue, I turn to astrology to see what potentials are there in the energy of the planets affecting my life at the moment. Then I just "think" for myself and follow my own creative intuitive nature as what to do about things. lol

There are so many tools to work with or play with to create harmony of beingness. These are what I do for myself. Everyone is different, just as there are so many different areas of "paganism". :) What may work for me, may not work for another. I've enjoyed my own journey thus far. :)
Old 16-10-2011, 12:25 PM
mattie

Paganism + Healling

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
Old 16-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Lostgirl

I kinda just say whatever works for the individual. Im a nurse so i can insult modern medicine. It works wonders for most, but i can see why other choose something else.