Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 13-09-2022, 03:17 PM
Suspended
Master
Medicare

I have to get medicare soon. I'd like to spend the least amount of money possible. Can I just get part A and nothing else?

I found this today.
Medicare enrollment doesn’t have to be that complicated
https://tinyurl.com/mrxm7apn
Old 13-09-2022, 03:40 PM
Master
You are required by law to purchase a Medicare supplement policy......my wife who is over 65 and has Medicare has that and its not too expensive

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 13-09-2022, 04:24 PM
Suspended
Master
Is the Medicare supplement policy both medicare and private insurance?
Old 13-09-2022, 04:39 PM
Suspended
Master
I got this email recently.

Make Decisions about Your Medicare Coverage

Medicare sent your "Get Ready for Medicare" package in the mail. Be sure to read this package carefully.
One of the biggest decisions you'll need to make is which way you want to get your Medicare coverage. There are two main ways to get your Medicare coverage — Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) or Medicare Advantage (Part C).
Compare Coverage Options

Your coverage decisions also include how you'll get prescription drug coverage. To get Medicare drug coverage (Part D), you can join either a Medicare drug plan or Medicare Advantage plan with drug coverage.
Even if you don't take prescription drugs now, you should consider getting Medicare drug coverage. If you don't sign up now for Medicare drug coverage, you'll have to pay a late enrollment penalty if you aren't covered by creditable prescription drug coverage (like from an employer or union). This penalty goes up the longer you wait to enroll.
Visit Medicare.gov to explore your coverage choices and see what's right for your needs.
If your Medicare card is ever lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can request a replacement with your personal my Social Security account.

Important: Medicare and Social Security will never contact you asking for personal information unless you've given permission in advance. Visit our Help fight Medicare fraud webpage to learn more.

My Social Security
Plan for the future, manage the present!
With your free and secure my Social Security account, you can receive personal estimates of future benefits based on your real earnings, see your latest Social Security Statement, and review your earnings history. It even makes it easy to request a replacement Social Security Card, check the status of an application online, and much more, from anywhere!
Learn More
Old 13-09-2022, 04:57 PM
Hi, you don't even have to get Medicare...Friend Larry wanted the whole chunk for himself and so goes to a place that treats indigents.

By Law? Sorry.

Um: "Medicare will not force you to sign up at 65, and you'll get a special enrollment period to sign up
later as long as you have a group health plan and work for an employer with 20 or more people.''

and
" While it is automatically offered in some situations and may take some effort to opt out of."
and
''If you don't have to pay a Part A premium, you generally don't have to pay a Part A late enrollment penalty.
The Part A penalty is 10% added to your monthly premium. You generally pay this extra amount for twice the number of years that you were eligible for Part A but not enrolled.''

This quotes are from diff sources so it is ok to so many, btw.

''What happens if I don't want Medicare Part B?You may face a late enrollment penalty if you do not enroll in Part B when eligible. Your monthly premium may go up 10% for each 12-month period you could have had Part B but didn't.''
and
Top 5 things you need to know:
https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Edu...are-Enrollment

$140 a month taken out is not bad ...if you end up needing it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-09-2022, 06:45 PM
Master
Wow! Boy was my wife misinformed by an insurance agent!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 13-09-2022, 07:33 PM
Suspended
Master
I opened the package I got in the mail. There's a card and booklet in it which I'm going to read soon. It looks like I have to mail the card in and there's a place on the card to check:
I do NOT want Part B (Medical Insurance)
Old 13-09-2022, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Wow! Boy was my wife misinformed by an insurance agent!
Darnnit, I'm sorry, Lucky. :(
But hey, I hope she is glad she has it.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-09-2022, 09:51 PM
There are four parts of Medicare: Part A, Part B, Part C, and Part D.
  • Part A provides inpatient/hospital coverage.
  • Part B provides outpatient/medical coverage.
  • Part C offers an alternate way to receive your Medicare benefits (see below for more information).
  • Part D provides prescription drug coverage.
The little you pay for B then you would not have a $900+ ER /ED bill ...you would have a $90 Co-pay, just saying.
I'm sorry I don't know the break down of the Parts.
I needed stitches - I was happy to have it.
And if you fell, tripped on ice, hit your head,whatever, broke a leg and need a work up like X-rays ---I dunno, I'm making this up, then it really would pay.

Old 13-09-2022, 10:03 PM
Ascender
Hey Aldous. I'm on medicare and I have all parts. My Medicare Part B used to be around $130/month but i got on this program called QMB medicare where they'll actually pay the premium for you and then notify social security and then they'll stop takng $$ for the premiums.

call medicare, tell them you'd liek to inquire about the QMB (qualified medical beneficiary)

i dont know much more about it except its based on income, soyou should qualify.