Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 02-09-2022, 07:35 PM
jaminhealth

Magnesium Deficiency and Osteoporosis

About 20 yrs ago I had a dexa scan and it showed osteopenia and I went to work to correct my report. Did a lot of Magnesium research and found this is what WE NEED for bone health and I've been supplementing ever since and no advancement in the osteopenia. And I'm 84 now.

Just the other day a person on another group was asking about the S/E of Reclast IV's for the osteoporosis she is challenged with, and she's only 59. I brought the magnesium issue to her attention.

Here is a good link of the mag and osteoporosis connection..

PubMed Central (PMC)
Magnesium and Osteoporosis: Current State of Knowledge and Future Research Directions
A tight control of magnesium homeostasis seems to be crucial for bone health. On the basis of experimental and …
PubMed Central (PMC)

6. Conclusions
Although the evidence is still fragmentary, most of the experimental and clinical data available in the literature point to Mg as a contributor factor to bone health. Consequently, optimizing Mg intake might represent an effective and low-cost preventive measure against osteoporosis in individuals with documented Mg deficiency, while doubts remain about supplementing the general population with the mineral since too much Mg seems to have detrimental effects on the bone.

Both females and males can experience osteoporosis.
Old 02-09-2022, 08:02 PM
25 years I have been preaching take magnesium.
Each person has gotten back to me thanking me...except one idiot
brother in law that took too much, then just stopped instead of simply taking less.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-09-2022, 10:53 PM
Master
I take a spoon full of Milk of Magnesia a couple times a week. Its recommended to help keep your blood pressure low. Potassiuim is also recommended to help with blood pressure.
Old 02-09-2022, 11:40 PM
jaminhealth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
25 years I have been preaching take magnesium.
Each person has gotten back to me thanking me...except one idiot
brother in law that took too much, then just stopped instead of simply taking less.

Yes me too, over 20 yrs and mag is so overlooked and so important.
Old 03-09-2022, 12:52 AM
Ascender

Magnesium is so important to the body, not just the bones. It is vital for like over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. And vitamin d is another thing very important for bone health.