Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 16-06-2014, 07:39 PM
Tesla_Rain

I think I'm pagan..:0

I remember long ago, I carved a pentacle and a pitchfork into each of my ankles.
Can someone shed some light on this? I dont know why I did it other than I was a teenager, just playing around. Looking back, it was kind of a weird thing to do.
But now I feel it was for a reason.
I would like to hear stories of how you became a pagan, did it just happen, is it something you can remember always being?
What does it mean to be pagan? I dont want to be tossed from faith to faith, again, but find something permanent to believe in.
Old 17-06-2014, 03:30 AM
Master

Hello Alina,
I can understand the pentacle but not the pitchfork, sorry

Growing up I felt I was different from most of the other kids and I wanted to be a Witch since being around 8 years old. I was pulled towards it and read every book on the subject and other occult subjects I could get my hands on. Then, around the time of Samhain, I saw a program on T.V. of a Witch being interviewed and since she lived in the same city as myself I was able to track her down and meet her and subsequently she taught me most of what I know.

What does it mean to be pagan? A pagan is a person having religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions (usually Abrahamic religions).
Old 17-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Master
I was pagan for decades without being conscious of the fact. During that time, I spent much of my free time just roaming the moors and dales of Northern England.
Being pagan means being Free !
Old 03-04-2015, 08:56 PM
deman14

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I was pagan for decades without being conscious of the fact. During that time, I spent much of my free time just roaming the moors and dales of Northern England.
Being pagan means being Free !
Old 17-04-2015, 02:11 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla_Rain
I remember long ago, I carved a pentacle and a pitchfork into each of my ankles.
Can someone shed some light on this? I dont know why I did it other than I was a teenager, just playing around. Looking back, it was kind of a weird thing to do.
But now I feel it was for a reason.
I would like to hear stories of how you became a pagan, did it just happen, is it something you can remember always being?
What does it mean to be pagan? I dont want to be tossed from faith to faith, again, but find something permanent to believe in.

Could you elaborate more on your story? What you were doing, where you were, did you actually carve it into your skin or did you mean draw? Things like that.
Just because you "carved" something onto your ankles doesn't mean you're Pagan, lol. If you feel a calling to Paganism you can definitely look up some sites, reading material and read some posts on here with lots of replies and stars.
The thing with faith is that it's okay to change. To remain static, or stagnant, isn't a healthy thing. You want to learn and grow with your life and experiences and become a better person and maybe find out something important about yourself and those around you.

Paganism it's a thing all on it's own either, Paganism or Polytheism is an umbrella term. You can be Pagan, but what kind? Do you feel drawn or Norse or African deities? All of them? Maybe none? You can be Pagan and not directly associate with a single God/dess. You can be NeoPagan or Wiccan or into Druidism. You can be Christian-Pagan mix too, where you pray to angels and good ol' JC. You need to search yourself and see, what do you believe in? What can you have an open mind about?

Are you talking about a pitchfork, as in a devil's pitchfork? Or the Trident of Neptune? Or Bident of Pluto? How many prongs did it have? Did it have a long or short handle? Arrow tips?

The devil's pitchfork is just a satirical symbol used in Christian demonology and shows. Ever seen cartoons with the devil sitting on the person's shoulder? It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. And isn't really just a Pagan symbol unless you're talking about a specific one.

Old 24-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:

when I was 15, there was a new girl at my school and she became part of my small group of friends. she was definitely an old soul, very spiritual and strong in her beliefs for a 15 year old. she introduced me to paganism and wicca, lent me a book. through reading about it, I discovered that this was a belief system that covered everything I believed, I just never knew it existed! it was a beautiful epiphany to discover that what I believed in had a name and a following and there were other people out there who followed the same beliefs as me.

I got super into wicca for a few years, until I got into an abusive relationship and kinda lost myself. I'm 30 now and recently I've been feeling the pull of my spirituality again, and have been sort of re-delving into it... and loving it.

if you're wondering what it means to be pagan, all I can really recommend is read some books and see if it resonates. the other posters here offered great advice as well. good luck on your journey
Old 25-04-2015, 07:10 AM
Olorin

Quote:
What does it mean to be pagan?
It means that you follow a polytheistic religion, as the ancient Romans and Greeks did, or perhaps you feel more of a neopagan - drawn to the worship of nature or the earth?