Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-07-2020, 08:37 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejonjus
@Greenslade

I understand what you are saying and hear you. It's still important to know what medications they are on, their history with medications and what they are using recreationally. I'd rather know more information on who we are talking about and their condition.

I did say it's not meant to be the only approach to treatment. Knowing what spiritual solutions we are talking about will help. What you are saying sounds like over engaging the mind rather than the spiritual solutions itself. Various forms of meditation, grounding, yoga etc. helps with overall balance, is part of self care and I don't see as an issue.

Referring to utopian his posts are uplifting, overall positive. He has shared how spirituality has been a benefit to his mental health.

I've already said what I think, if there's change or more to include that would add value to the conversation I will definitely do so.

I feel for people with schizophrenia and have a lot of admiration, compassion and respect towards them.
At the end of the day it's all down to the individual, it's their experience after all. I know from my own experiences Spirituality can help but for me it wasn't a solution, it wasn't until I went through cognitive behaviour therapy recently that I felt I was finally free of what was holding me back. It also gave me a whole new perspective on Spirituality itself and it's been very liberating. What it actually did was completely dismantle my whole cognitive framework and put me in the driving seat. That has repercussions for Spirituality too.

Frankly I doubt there are Spiritual solutions because of the very nature of mental health issues - they are 'mental' health issues after all and if that doesn't give people a clue..... Spirituality can certainly help alleviate some of the things people are going through and give them a coping mechanism, or perhaps even an oasis of tranquillity even for a short time. But a cure? Spirituality has been a benefit to my mental health because it gave me a core coping strategy, that what I was going through meant something and not only to myself. Had it not been for that...... What it was never going to do was cure me because it couldn't 'communicate' with the Child Inside - and he was hurting.

All experiences add to the conversation as long as they're 'real'. To be honest what we need in conversations like these is some honest-to-goodness sharing of experiences and a lack of the pretend, made-up Spiritual technobabble from people who really don't know. What we need to do is cut through the ****, because I dare say there are people lurking in the background with too many questions and not enough sensible answers.
Old 16-07-2020, 08:41 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hologram8
maybe sometimes people just call higher energies schizophrenia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Jl9_59tfY
And sometimes people call schizophrenia higher energies. Few people have the courage to call it like it is because for the most part this thread is reflective of the kind of biased and ignorant conversation that goes on 'out there'.
Old 16-07-2020, 09:03 AM
Suspended

If you're hearing voices, external sounds, it will drive you crazy..and a lot of people I've talk with who did hear them said these voices told them to do bad things.

Nobody can handle hearing stuff like that 24/7.

You would have to go to my religion to get it to go away. I have stuff like the Miraculous medal to keep all these bad spirits away, and keep me protected. I have noticed when you start watching paranormal stuff these things get worse inside your head so don't watch it. People into witchcraft will really get it bad. . .and I can't believe they are doing that stuff.
Old 16-07-2020, 10:18 AM
lejonjus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
At the end of the day it's all down to the individual, it's their experience after all. I know from my own experiences Spirituality can help but for me it wasn't a solution, it wasn't until I went through cognitive behaviour therapy recently that I felt I was finally free of what was holding me back. It also gave me a whole new perspective on Spirituality itself and it's been very liberating. What it actually did was completely dismantle my whole cognitive framework and put me in the driving seat. That has repercussions for Spirituality too.

Frankly I doubt there are Spiritual solutions because of the very nature of mental health issues - they are 'mental' health issues after all and if that doesn't give people a clue..... Spirituality can certainly help alleviate some of the things people are going through and give them a coping mechanism, or perhaps even an oasis of tranquillity even for a short time. But a cure? Spirituality has been a benefit to my mental health because it gave me a core coping strategy, that what I was going through meant something and not only to myself. Had it not been for that...... What it was never going to do was cure me because it couldn't 'communicate' with the Child Inside - and he was hurting.

All experiences add to the conversation as long as they're 'real'. To be honest what we need in conversations like these is some honest-to-goodness sharing of experiences and a lack of the pretend, made-up Spiritual technobabble from people who really don't know. What we need to do is cut through the ****, because I dare say there are people lurking in the background with too many questions and not enough sensible answers.

Yes not enough sensible answers I agree. I'm glad you mentioned cognitive behavioral therapy and that you found it helpful. I've had experience with that and found it helpful towards mental health aswell.

For those who don't have access to therapy right now, hypnosis can be helpful too. There are hypnosis audios by Dr's for mental health patients that I also found helpful.

There we go we are stating helpful solutions. Awesome. That ontop of some yoga or grounding maybe connecting with nature *kisses hands* beautiful : )

You are right about using spirituality without addressing the core mental health issues. Reflecting on my response about utopian the concern was if we remove what's keeping him currently positive and balanced without adding anything... that will also cause an issue. Similar to what you shared about your journey..if I took out the meditations, grounding etc. I would go back into depression/anxiety/suicidal mode.

I found the hypnosis organically. The issue kept popping into my awareness until I found a solution that resonated. Spirit guided me to it. If I didn't have the connection to spirit I wouldn't of been lead to it.

Last edited by lejonjus : 16-07-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Old 16-07-2020, 07:55 PM
lejonjus

What I was processing yesterday could of been worded better. I will try and do that now. I'm not as eloquent as Greenslade but I'll try lol

There is instances where generalizing is ok because it is based on basic self care techniques that helps move and clear energy, activate our chakras and connects us to our higher selves. When it comes to specific solutions and causes that's where I think generalizing needs inquiry. Of course there's no harm in sharing what works for us personally because that can be beneficial for us to try or give ideas.

We all have the ability to be psychic in some form or another which is not the point I want to discuss because I know of branching information on that. From recent events I have new opinions on how we use it. You know when someone talks about a problem we intuitively pick up on things. Would you agree that when relating to mental health.. inquiry is still needed not just because of permission but the complexity? We would need access to the details and information and to do that requires permission. To force it is crossing boundaries and still would not result in the correct information.

I think part of the souls process is going through a lesson with timing at play. Things would happen at the intended time and level of consciousness. I don't think we can rush it or expect the process to be perfect. If we use the right tools we can be lead to the answers we seek through our higher self and connection to our heart. That's why I don't think it's so bad if they do activities that connect them to spirit. What needs to be improved will come to their awareness. Before I judge that as escapism it could also be them clearing. I don't think it's fair to assume without inquiry.
Old 16-07-2020, 11:38 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejonjus
We all have the ability to be psychic in some form or another which is not the point I want to discuss because I know of branching information on that. From recent events I have new opinions on how we use it. You know when someone talks about a problem we intuitively pick up on things. Would you agree that when relating to mental health.. inquiry is still needed not just because of permission but the complexity? We would need access to the details and information and to do that requires permission. To force it is crossing boundaries and still would not result in the correct information.

not that it matters right now but even when you have access there is too much bias... for example the first psychiatrist that examined me made up his mind as to what was wrong with me and then started interpreting the facts I gave him to fit. If he'd been a little more open minded he could have at least found something wrong with me that fit my situation better I suppose... but like I say that is all water under the bridge. Anyway all I really wanted to say is sometimes it is better just to shut up and admit you don't know.
Old 17-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Administrator
I don't Repeat this very often but I think its suits this post.
When I was doing my counselling training the woman who has become a friend who has years and years of experience not just as a counselling tutor but she was a nurse in the psych ward. her husband was a psychologist,
they lived in England somewhere, one of the patients got very attached to both my friend and her husband.
when they came to live here they bought that patient with them. he was a tall man lovely nature.
because they were both qualified they took him off certain medications that he was on to subdue him/ he heard voices.
I was speaking to him one day and I could sense that he wasn't only hearing voices but he was seeing things as well. so I asked him what he saw he told me. I asked my friend. why he was put into a hospital.
It turns out his mother had an affair which resulted in him being born. her husband would not accept him so he was put into different places until he ended up in the psyc hospital.
I said there is nothing wrong with him he is just seeing and sensing spirit
the change in him was remarkable. this is because three psychiatrists said he was delusional and very unstable.
both of these were wrong. so if you see one psychiatrist and you don't get the answer you seek. ask for a second or third opinion. some are more open to spirit so will recognise that others wont.
he passed away last year after living with my friend for 20 years,

Namaste
Old 17-07-2020, 10:19 AM
Elfin

Thank you Native spirit for sharing that. Very important account. And brings me to mind of going back a hundred or couple of hundred years ago when during that period of time, any child /person that was deemed "different " was usually tossed aside.. locked away in the attic rooms , never to be "seen" by the "outside " world. Living like a prisoner. Indeed on rare iccasion the person "hapoened" to appear on a family portrait their faces would be "scratched out " with the "shame" of it all....how absolutly sad is that?... I am HSP/ empath ..and there is a very fine line between that and being diagnosed bi- polar.. I personally have never been diagnosed with any underlying medical condition, and I know full well that I do not have bi- polar. But Whatever medical / mental condition we may or may Not suffer from one crucial factor still remains. Each and everyone one of us are unique and special in our own way.
Old 17-07-2020, 10:22 AM
hazada guess

Labels,jeez.There's a lot of people who are in psych wards at the moment and there's nothing wrong with them
Old 17-07-2020, 11:44 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Labels,jeez.There's a lot of people who are in psych wards at the moment and there's nothing wrong with them
And isn't that the sad truth of it??? Because even if someone does happen to have a condition, there's still nothing wrong with them. We are all human.