Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Master
Are you protective/private about your soul name?

So in the last year I was given my soul some in meditation. I wasn't asking for it. I was lead to introduce myself to two beings as "----" could have been hallucination not that I've ever done that but the info I was given with my name is very obscure. We are talking 15th century obscure and I googled it and got one nice neat package with all of it in one bundle together.

Besides that another member was given the same name for me by his guides, I guess my higherself knows I'm a skeptic.

Either way I want to live as my soul, not my ego as much as possible.
I've contimplated a tattoo, changing my signature, other stuff thinking it might help me transition however I for some reason am very unwilling to share this name. I can't explain why, maybe because it could dilute the sanctity to me?
I can't be sure what this impulse is.

I'm curious though if others have the same tendency.
Old 15-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
So in the last year I was given my soul some in meditation. I wasn't asking for it. I was lead to introduce myself to two beings as "----" could have been hallucination not that I've ever done that but the info I was given with my name is very obscure. We are talking 15th century obscure and I googled it and got one nice neat package with all of it in one bundle together.

Besides that another member was given the same name for me by his guides, I guess my higherself knows I'm a skeptic.

I've contimplated a tattoo, changing my signature, other stuff thinking it might help me transition however I for some reason am very unwilling to share this name. I can't explain why, maybe because it could dilute the sanctity to me?

I didn't realize we had a soul name, that is something new to me.

I mean we can do anything to bring alive our spiritual essence into being and it seems as humans we do it in ways sometimes foreign to some and unique to ourselves.

As for your unwillingness to share this name. That kind of shows me that perhaps part of you is protective of your own essence which is fine, but that seems more pertinent to awakening to me than the name itself. Because ultimately our spiritual essence holds no binds. Its more open and free.

But that is just me of course.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 15-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
I didn't realize we had a soul name, that is something new to me.

I mean we can do anything to bring alive our spiritual essence into being and it seems as humans we do it in ways sometimes foreign to some and unique to ourselves.

As for your unwillingness to share this name. That kind of shows me that perhaps part of you is protective of your own essence which is fine, but that seems more pertinent to awakening to me than the name itself. Because ultimately our spiritual essence holds no binds. Its more open and free.

But that is just me of course.

I guess it really isn't that I'm not willing to share. I've talked to people and shared it in conversation. I'd love to embrace my inner being fully but I'm not sure ... You might be right about being protective of my own essence. Lord knows I have tried to be just that soul before, to just trust and be, it seemed 3D isn't ready for that yet. I know my inner self was not shaken one bit but this human ego was shaken.

Thank you for the food for thought.
Old 15-02-2016, 09:06 PM
Ascender

Quote:

Is it your nature to conceal?

For me, I have a tendency not to announce or broadcast things to the world, not to be protective of myself, but for a few other reasons, one of which is that I am very low-profile.

I also don't like to use names or profile pictures. I used to go by W., professionally and personally, for many years, until a few idiots addressed me as W. instead of my first name, so now I reverted fully to using my first name. I don't like labels of any kind, and wish that people see who I am inside instead of my label.

On a couple of occasions, I picked up a name. I think that's the name of my higher self, which doesn't make sense to me, because the name sounds modern and I expect something more ancient, so I don't know if my higher self had just randomly picked a name for himself or whatever. So uncertainty is also a reason I don't mention his name to anyone else.
Old 15-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Knower
@theglow I would say: if it doesn't feel right to share the name, then keep it secret. It will come out when and if it needs to. The only one who really needs to know is you. Maybe it's just that you're still coming to terms with what you've learned, getting used to this new information...

It's an interesting post you made, it made me think. Thanks!
Old 15-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Master
Bunny

Mm, neutral. I've never felt a need to share or hide it. I don't go around telling people randomly about my soul name, but I don't hide it either.
Old 15-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Is it your nature to conceal?

For me, I have a tendency not to announce or broadcast things to the world, not to be protective of myself, but for a few other reasons, one of which is that I am very low-profile.

I also don't like to use names or profile pictures. I used to go by W., professionally and personally, for many years, until a few idiots addressed me as W. instead of my first name, so now I reverted fully to using my first name. I don't like labels of any kind, and wish that people see who I am inside instead of my label.

On a couple of occasions, I picked up a name. I think that's the name of my higher self, which doesn't make sense to me, because the name sounds modern and I expect something more ancient, so I don't know if my higher self had just randomly picked a name for himself or whatever. So uncertainty is also a reason I don't mention his name to anyone else.
I'm pretty open book really. Perhaps that's the thing. I'm ok with my mortal ego not being seen as it truely is even when presented openly but perhaps I'm not ready to have the world treat my soul the way it treats everything. I relate to your lack of labels thing. i just think humans are so much more than the boxes and definitions, the finite limits we impress upon them/ourselves.

I wouldn't let the modernness of your name lead you to believe it cannot be ancient. We have cycled through civilization many times. My soul name is quite ancient but selfishly I think part of me keeping it private is it would likely cycle back into common use. lol also sometimes spelling can morph with time making things seem more modern.
Old 15-02-2016, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkles
@theglow I would say: if it doesn't feel right to share the name, then keep it secret. It will come out when and if it needs to. The only one who really needs to know is you. Maybe it's just that you're still coming to terms with what you've learned, getting used to this new information...

It's an interesting post you made, it made me think. Thanks!
On your first point I sometimes wonder if I will be able to verify someone knowing my soul or connecting to me that way if they know my soul name. Sounds silly but this weird idea not to broadcast it by say using it as a forum username it's made me wonder why so I've thought of lots of possible reasons.

And you are right it's been less than a year since I was told so I could just be coming to terms.
I'd truely like to morph completely into my soul though so it seems like something I should rush confidently into. :)
Old 15-02-2016, 09:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsoo
Mm, neutral. I've never felt a need to share or hide it. I don't go around telling people randomly about my soul name, but I don't hide it either.
Is your user name your soul name?
Old 15-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Master
Quote:
I guess it really isn't that I'm not willing to share. I've talked to people and shared it in conversation. I'd love to embrace my inner being fully but I'm not sure ... You might be right about being protective of my own essence. Lord knows I have tried to be just that soul before, to just trust and be, it seemed 3D isn't ready for that yet. I know my inner self was not shaken one bit but this human ego was shaken.

Thank you for the food for thought.

Sometimes we protect our own spiritual essence , more than we do our human self, but I have learned you cannot hide either if you want to embrace your true self as a whole.

Protection is a natural survival mechanism that serves us until we are ready to let go deeper. I kind of see those people we do share with safe ground to build up and become more aware how it feels, kind of putting the suit on to practice how it is being this way. In time you can own it all as you.

The human side of being is quite tough and bringing the nature of you complete to be out there with you as a whole person can be quite a difficult process.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder