Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-08-2023, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I don't believe Mark would have written anything like that.
John 16:12-13
12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear.
That's the one...my memory is slipping in many things - I mix up Billions and Succession, too. (TV shows.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-08-2023, 03:19 PM
Master
Quote:
The writer of John was very strong in proclaiming Jesus was God and I think that is the only place where that passage is found. I think that passage is unique to John and not found in Mark, Matthew, or Luke.
Luke 8:39.

39 “Return to your home, and declare how much God has done for you.” And he went away, proclaiming throughout the whole city how much Jesus had done for him.

Matthew 1:23.

23 “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall call his name Immanuel”(which means, God with us).
Old 04-08-2023, 09:07 PM
Master

Quote:
I think that is the only place where that passage is found.

I was referencing John 16:12-13 That's only in John I think.

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come."

As far as proclaiming Jesus God, both Matthew and Luke added some of those ideas. Not as much as John I don't think. I think what John added is Jesus himself saying he was God. Not sure if those are in Matthew or Luke. But Matthew and Luke both have the virgin birth story while Mark and John do not.

Matthew did add Jesus is God in his virgin birth account:

Matthew 1:23 – Behold, the virgin will conceive and give birth to a Son , and they shall name Him Immanuel , which translated means, “God with us .”

Luke did not add the part about Jesus being God in his virgin birth account. Seems like Luke emphasized Jesus was "the son of God."

Luke 1:31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest;

Luke 1:35 that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God
Old 04-08-2023, 10:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Luke 8:39.

That's quite a miracle story that quote is from. The pigs and demon(s) and such. One man is possessed in Luke and Matthew says two men were possessed. Otherwise the stories are pretty similar. In both versions the townspeople want Jesus to go away and leave based on what they saw him do. Also interesting is the cured man begs Jesus to let him follow Jesus and Jesus says no to the man. I wonder why Jesus was not interested in having the man follow him?

I am curious what happened to the demons after Jesus granted them their wish to get sent into the pigs instead of being sent by Jesus into the abyss. That's a bible secret I guess as it does not say I don't think. Unless the point of the story is Jesus somehow tricked the demons into some kind of death by having all the pigs drown themselves after Jesus sent the demons into them. So many mysteries in this miracle story. Like what are demons?, where do they come from?, how do they operate?, what can they do?, do they die?, can they be saved? etc. Jesus seemed to feel sorry for them when he granted their wish to not be sent into the abyss where ever or whatever the abyss was. Google says it is "“a bottomless” pit - Revelations says evil beings are there.
Old 30-08-2023, 05:42 PM
Knower

The name of God in the garden was given is now lost that is a secret thing.
Old 02-09-2023, 01:15 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikarikel88
The name of God in the garden was given is now lost that is a secret thing.

God told Moses his personal name=YHWH(Jehovah)
Old 22-10-2023, 03:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Great conversation.

To me, "secret" are the things that one can experience/realize, but never explain adequately. Something only given by the Spirit within one's heart.

For example the "secret name of God" cannot ever be spoken because it's found within.

Blessings to all !
Old 22-10-2023, 04:19 PM
Master
From #13
Quote:
I was referencing John 16:12-13 That's only in John I think.

I think what John added is Jesus himself saying he was God.
[/b]

Jesus proclaimed we are all gods (quoted from Psalms). In the first verse of the first creation account, that Hebrew word for gods, god, God, etc. was first used. I believe, that Hebrew word is the 2nd most use word in the Bible and I suspect is the least understood or recognizable.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜