Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 24-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Master
what is self worth to you?

i am in the healing process well attemting to heal let's see if my higher self allows it lol.. I realize I have an issue with low self worth.. I'm trying to figure out way to heal it and build healthy self esteem..

Last edited by Roselove : 24-10-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 24-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Master
I would say that takes a LONG LONG TIME. First what is it about yourself you dislike the most?
For me it's my body, I hate my body, so I'm trying to look at myself as a goddess and that my body is beautiful, and actually very healthy my recent labs were EXCELLENT so much so my doctor called me up to find out what I was doing to have such low cholestoral levels, great good cholestroral levels, great liver and kidney function, my labs are like those of a 25 year old and I'm 35. My blood pressure is great etc. So I look at my body as healthy and I appreciate that so I have to love how much body looks.
What's your main self worth issue?
Spiritlite
Old 24-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Administrator
Hello

BABY STEPS. It takes time. It takes patients and it takes SELF understanding that ye are the one that leads the changes.

For self esteme the thing that so helped me was taking a public speaking course. I chose Toast Master's . In being able to get up and be handed a topic that one has NEVER seen and speak for 5 minutes on it gives one that confidence that NO ONE can ever take away.

The outside body at times is harder. We at times have to embrace that what is on the INSIDE of that body efffects greatly how the outside looks .

I am 6 foot tall that is way above average for a woman. I will never be petit but at one time I sure tried. The Dr. told me that helped to define some of the body issues I now have in me late 40's . In taking off TOO much body fat the body wants to put it back on BUT not where one wants it.

I went too far the other way. I ballooned out over 300 lbs and I could not even walk me chid to school without having to SIT and rest. That was a wake up call to SLOWLY take it off. Been two year's now am I where I SEE me wanting to be NO. I am though where I am healthy all the Dr tests show that.

I can look in the mirror and GO I dont really overy care for the image here BUT I embrace that I am in good health and that is all that matters for me kids.

I have recently taken up public speaking again too.

Lynn
Old 24-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Master
thank you ladies!

spiritlite - I hate my appearence, face body everything, the illness i have and current issues aren't helping, i also hate that i am so self doubting, i can't articulate myself well, that i have an anxiety problem, that maybe i'm not as sweet or compassionate or genuinly kind as i should be, that i can't come across as i'd like to with men, that i am obbsessive in relationships.. i also would like to have more charm naturally and be able to be comfortable enough to be myself and be more likable to others
Old 24-10-2010, 02:04 AM
Royalite

Have you ever done mindfulness exercises?
That helped me a lot back in March.

Or you could declare "war" on your views of yourself.
eg: "I am obsessive in relationships." Antagonize it. Tell yourself for one week you'll give that person a lot of space and focus on other things.

EG: "I hate that I am so self doubting....that I have an anxiety problem" The moment you doubt yourself, go do the thing you doubt you can do anyways.

Um...when I'm scared to give a presentation in class, I purposely raise my hand to volunteer and go first. I hear, "They'll think you're weird. They'll hate you! You know you aren't good with public speaking. That's why you have no friends. You don't know how to communicate and you'll get weird looks!" and I doubt. The fear is always worse than the actually thing.

Also, try to see how you measure these things. Likability for example, how would you measure that?
Old 24-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Master
likalbity i guess how others feel about me? i know i care too much about what other people think but their feelings towards me affect me

i have tried excercises it helps sometimes but i can't get rid of the thoughts and feelings
Old 24-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Royalite

Try to counteract the thoughts and feelings. Thoughts are hard to fight. But if you do something in the physical that "proves" the thoughts otherwise, they become easier to ignore and then they lose their power if that makes sense. Then they gradually get replaced.
Old 24-10-2010, 02:40 AM
Guide
In the eyes of God everyone is loved equally. Own who you are.
Old 24-10-2010, 03:07 PM
Master
thank you will try that Dynamist

true inspirit
Old 24-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Master
Yeah I agree with the past post OWN yourself, accept yourself, you're very judgmental about yourself which I think is low self esteem of course. It takes time to own yourself and love yourself who you are. I've had many interactions with you and I think you're just fine :)
Spiritlite