Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 18-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Molearner

Attracting Grace

Ephesians 2:8-9....."For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith---and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God---not by works, so that no one can boast."

This one scripture reveals the whole premise and key to the Christian experience. Here we are told that our salvation is by grace and, also, that our faith comes by grace. It is the fundamental and distinguishing teaching of Christianity. Other religions and philosophies put the emphasis on our works and human endeavors. Nevertheless I see little if any discussion or thoughts as to the means for attracting the grace of God. Just curious how others might point to the ways and means for attracting grace.
Old 18-02-2021, 09:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Ephesians 2:8-9....."For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith---and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God---not by works, so that no one can boast."

This one scripture reveals the whole premise and key to the Christian experience. Here we are told that our salvation is by grace and, also, that our faith comes by grace. It is the fundamental and distinguishing teaching of Christianity. Other religions and philosophies put the emphasis on our works and human endeavors. Nevertheless I see little if any discussion or thoughts as to the means for attracting the grace of God. Just curious how others might point to the ways and means for attracting grace.

it is pretty simple... if you try to attract the grace of god you are working for it, which belies it being the grace of god. Maybe like a fox in the wood, it will run from you....
Old 18-02-2021, 09:44 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
it is pretty simple... if you try to attract the grace of god you are working for it, which belies it being the grace of god. Maybe like a fox in the wood, it will run from you....

Now for the hypothetical.......if you(we) were God on whom would you bestow your grace ?
Old 18-02-2021, 09:45 PM
Master

Grace comes through you when you are ready
Old 18-02-2021, 09:49 PM
Master
Quote:

Grace is not something ever mentioned in my Religious Teachings and I was taught by Nuns and Monks in the Roman Catholic Faith...
If it's a gift given freely why would we looks for ways of attracting it if we already have it
Old 18-02-2021, 10:06 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Now for the hypothetical.......if you(we) were God on whom would you bestow your grace ?
One way. "Be still and know that I am God" and quality of stillness seems a tipping point. Sometimes the stillness can come from within as a conscious choice. Other times stillness can come about in sublime moments that are so stressful that they push us against the wall into stillness. In either case stillness is the key. And another option is to request a patron to offer stillness on your behalf to attract grace.
Old 18-02-2021, 10:35 PM
1337_d00d

Actually Hindu teachings put emphasis on transformation of the prana/kundalini.
Old 18-02-2021, 10:43 PM
Master

Quote:

I was told to leave judgement to god, and I am not he, so I think I don't have an answer to the question? Besides I feel awful enough about having been left out myself that I don't particularly want to be responsible for doing it to someone else, no matter how much or little I like them.
Old 18-02-2021, 11:16 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Grace is not something ever mentioned in my Religious Teachings and I was taught by Nuns and Monks in the Roman Catholic Faith...
If it's a gift given freely why would we looks for ways of attracting it if we already have it

Sky123,

Not so convinced that we already have it.....:). 1 Peter 5:5.....”God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble”. Humility appears to be a prerequisite for grace.
Old 18-02-2021, 11:20 PM
Molearner

Jonah 2:8....”Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs.” Seems to indicate that grace is not a guarantee.