Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-02-2021, 10:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Your referring to The Trinity which is different and not all Christians believe in this Doctrine anyhow.
Nontrinitarianism is a form of Christianity that rejects the mainstream Christian doctrine of the Trinity—the teaching that God is three distinct hypostases or persons who are coeternal, coequal, and indivisibly united in one being, or essence (from the Greek ousia). Certain religious groups that emerged during the Protestant Reformation have historically been known as antitrinitarian.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontrinitarianism
The doctrine of the Trinity is central to most Christian denominations and faith groups, although not all. The term Trinity is not found in the Bible, and the concept is not easy to grasp or explain. Yet most conservative, evangelical Bible scholars agree that the Trinity doctrine is clearly expressed within Scripture.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...iw=830&bih=803
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:03 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
In my opinion the concept of "oneness" is a misinterpretation. Anyway, it isn't Christian, is it?

“My dear brothers, we are already one. But we imagine that we are not. What we have to recover is our original unity. What we have to be is what we are.”

Thomas Merton a catholic monk, Address to International Summit of Monks, Calcutta, India (October 19-27, 1968)

we are one in the spirit we are one in the lord... that old christian song
Old 12-02-2021, 04:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
“My dear brothers, we are already one. But we imagine that we are not. What we have to recover is our original unity. What we have to be is what we are.”

Thomas Merton a catholic monk, Address to International Summit of Monks, Calcutta, India (October 19-27, 1968)

we are one in the spirit we are one in the lord... that old christian song

I believe that consciousness expands, toward individualization, and not that it contracts, toward lack of differentiation.

That's why I wrote that the "oneness" seems a misunderstanding. I know that there are philosophies, religions, and spiritual schools that believe in "oneness". I don't
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:34 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
I believe that consciousness expands, toward individualization, and not that it contracts, toward lack of differentiation.

That's why I wrote that the "oneness" seems a misunderstanding. I know that there are philosophies, religions, and spiritual schools that believe in "oneness". I don't

i believe in oneness and everything you wrote there as well. i would expand in seeing, understanding, being present with what is beyond my own interpretations or mind, and it's not that i am not aware of differences, or differentiation in this expansion, or even not aware of my individuality, i am me and you are you. one is not going into mind or thought or the imagination, one is coming out of all of that into reality as it is without seeing it through the filter of my conditioned mind, but when i drop the false self, i am more aware of actual self, more myself, but in that dropping, i see i am the same consciousness as every other consciousness. some are buried in the ego and false self, so projecting that false self, but under that, i am the same as every other consciousness. nothing puts me higher or lower than them. different points of perspective of the same essence.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:56 AM
Master

Quote:
i believe in oneness and everything you wrote there as well. i would expand in seeing, understanding, being present with what is beyond my own interpretations or mind, and it's not that i am not aware of differences, or differentiation in this expansion, or even not aware of my individuality, i am me and you are you. one is not going into mind or thought or the imagination, one is coming out of all of that into reality as it is without seeing it through the filter of my conditioned mind, but when i drop the false self, i am more aware of actual self, more myself, but in that dropping, i see i am the same consciousness as every other consciousness. some are buried in the ego and false self, so projecting that false self, but under that, i am the same as every other consciousness. nothing puts me higher or lower than them. different points of perspective of the same essence.
I am not aware of a false self. I see a personality, as a manifestation of a non--physical entity, having an ego (outer-self) aspect that is the personality's focus when awake and alive, in the physical, and an inner-self aspect that is the personality's interface when focused in the non-physical (e.g. during sleep). One thing that we have to work on here, is to harmonize the ego with the inner-self, and with the subconscious.

I believe that there are various levels of evolvement both among the entities in the non-physical, as among personalities that focus in the physical.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:21 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
One thing that we have to work on here, is to harmonize the ego with the inner-self, and with the subconscious.

what are you there? the one doing the work?

sounds like you are saying you are not the ego, or inner self, or sub-conscious since you will attempt to harmonize them.

i think the best way to harmonize them would be to not believe they exist anymore, just be like, i am awareness in this body, that's it. the body produces all these thoughts and noise, which are useful for cooking dinner and going to work and other things but otherwise, i have no use for thoughts and thinking. use it when necessary, otherwise ignore it.

if it gets all philosophical or spiritual and tells me i need to work on something, nah i don't believe it. tells me i have this problem ego, nah don't believe it. inner self, nope not real, that's just noise, thoughts, that's not a self, i am the only self, thoughts, helpful sometimes a trouble maker other times

i call this oneness. i am awareness. that's it. nothing else that pops up is me.
Old 12-02-2021, 08:39 AM
Master
Quote:
what are you there? the one doing the work?

sounds like you are saying you are not the ego, or inner self, or sub-conscious since you will attempt to harmonize them.

i think the best way to harmonize them would be to not believe they exist anymore, just be like, i am awareness in this body, that's it. the body produces all these thoughts and noise, which are useful for cooking dinner and going to work and other things but otherwise, i have no use for thoughts and thinking. use it when necessary, otherwise ignore it.

if it gets all philosophical or spiritual and tells me i need to work on something, nah i don't believe it. tells me i have this problem ego, nah don't believe it. inner self, nope not real, that's just noise, thoughts, that's not a self, i am the only self, thoughts, helpful sometimes a trouble maker other times

i call this oneness. i am awareness. that's it. nothing else that pops up is me.

[ sounds like you are saying you are not the ego, or inner self, or sub-conscious since you will attempt to harmonize them.]

Can you attempt to ' Harmonize ' someone else's ?
Old 12-02-2021, 08:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Nontrinitarianism is a form of Christianity that rejects the mainstream Christian doctrine of the Trinity—the teaching that God is three distinct hypostases or persons who are coeternal, coequal, and indivisibly united in one being, or essence (from the Greek ousia). Certain religious groups that emerged during the Protestant Reformation have historically been known as antitrinitarian.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nontrinitarianism
The doctrine of the Trinity is central to most Christian denominations and faith groups, although not all. The term Trinity is not found in the Bible, and the concept is not easy to grasp or explain. Yet most conservative, evangelical Bible scholars agree that the Trinity doctrine is clearly expressed within Scripture.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...iw=830&bih=803

Thanks, I do know about the ' Trinity ' which is not what this Thread is about....
Old 12-02-2021, 12:00 PM
Master

Standing in awe of the wonder of things is the pearl, lowering this awe to dogma is the muck?
Old 12-02-2021, 04:51 PM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Can you attempt to ' Harmonize ' someone else's ?

someone elses what?