Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-02-2021, 01:06 PM
Deactivated Account

What does 108 mean to you?

I just noticed there were 108 pages on this Christian subsection, and thought I would point it out. ��

I think 108 is an auspicious number because:

1= Beginning/Creation
0= Dissolution
8= New beginning

Well, from the Christian perspective, God created the heavens and the earth in seven symbolic days, then heaven and earth pass away, judgment and all that, and then God creates a new heaven and a new earth.

And for the spiritual worker, he/she starts the spiritual path (1) then denies the self or through time experiences dissolution of the ego (2) and this is a New Beginning for them; a New Identity (8).

What does 108 mean to you?
Old 14-02-2021, 02:18 PM
Master
To me, what comes to my mind regarding 108 is........

Behind the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho, is 108 Alms Bowls which to the West, are Singing Bowls. The 108 Alms Bowls reflect the 108 beads in a Buddhist mala (Prayer beads).

What this means to me is that items from one religion have a tendency to get altered to fit into another religion, generally without people realizing what is happening.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-02-2021, 03:23 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
To me, what comes to my mind regarding 108 is........

Behind the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho, is 108 Alms Bowls which to the West, are Singing Bowls. The 108 Alms Bowls reflect the 108 beads in a Buddhist mala (Prayer beads).

What this means to me is that items from one religion have a tendency to get altered to fit into another religion, generally without people realizing what is happening.
Indeed, I totally agree.
Old 14-02-2021, 10:55 PM
Master
INTERESTING!

We think very similar.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 14-02-2021, 11:28 PM
AbodhiSky

maybe there is only one religion in the world. the ego makes up the differences and categories
Old 15-02-2021, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbodhiSky
maybe there is only one religion in the world. the ego makes up the differences and categories

If we look at the similarities of religions, which their are many, instead of the differences, it looks like we end up with what you initially just described and that "is only one religion in the world".

Old 22-02-2021, 02:00 AM
MAYA EL

108 is an important Indian number or at least that's how I was introduced to it... It's pretty interesting do to how it and correlate to so many things for instance

108 X 18 (just dropping the 0 because it's just a place holder in Gematria) and you get 1728 which is exactly how many cubic inches there are in one cubic foot
Old 22-02-2021, 11:15 AM
Administrator
108 To me is just a number it means nothing to me

Namaste
Old 22-02-2021, 07:45 PM
Pathfinder

Sit quietly and ask yourself who you are, where you are and what you are. Your answers will reveal your state of consciousness: your body of belief. Paul said, “We do not look to the outer things, but to the things unseen, for the outer things are transient, but the unseen things are eternal.” Your beliefs, seen by the mystic, are personified. They form a state, which completely controls your behavior. Any modification within your body of belief will result in a change in your outer world.Blake tells us, “Eternity exists and all things in eternity independent of creation which was an act of mercy. By this you will see that I do not consider either the just or the wicked to be in a supreme state, but to be every one of them states of the sleep which the soul may fall into in its deadly dreams of good and evil when it leaves paradise following the serpent.”
Old 22-02-2021, 07:47 PM
Pathfinder

Do you know what you want from life? You can be anything you want to be if you know who you are. Start from the premise, “I AM all imagination and pass through states,” for eternity (all things) exist now! Having experienced a state and moved into another one you may think the former state has ceased to be, but all states are eternal, they remain forever. Like the mental traveler that you are, you pass through states either wittingly or unwittingly, but your individual identity is forever. Whether you are rich or poor, you retain the same individual identity when you move from one state into another. If you are not on guard, you can be persuaded by the press, television, or radio, to change your concept of self and unwittingly move into an undesirable state. You can move into many states and play many parts, but as the actor, you do not change your identity. When you are rich, you are the same actor as when you are poor. These are only different parts you are playing.