Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 03-03-2020, 09:12 PM
Master
Me too, BigJohn, prefer just hiking alone.

JASG,yep, I'm right in the middle between Rochester and Syracuse...ugh...closer to Ithaca :-)

I joined a hiking group once...the best thing about it was getting emails about all these great hiking trails I never even heard of. I got the courage up finally to go on a hike, it was a place I go to a few times a week as it was, but I figured it was easy to get to and I'd feel less awkward. Well, I sat in my car and watched them. I couldn't do it. :-/ I knew I'd not enjoy it as I do on my own and wasn't really wanting to talk through the hike... I thought maybe I would follow them a bit behind and see what it's about...but I really would rather get up at the crack of dawn, if not earlier and head out before the places I like to go to regularly turn into ant colonies....

I'll have to check out Northhampton Park one day. So many places I want to check out nearby that I never get the chance.

I love nature too, same...all of it...and it's only gotten stronger...
Old 03-03-2020, 10:31 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I joined a hiking group once...the best thing about it was getting emails about all these great hiking trails I never even heard of. I got the courage up finally to go on a hike, it was a place I go to a few times a week as it was, but I figured it was easy to get to and I'd feel less awkward. Well, I sat in my car and watched them. I couldn't do it. :-/ I knew I'd not enjoy it as I do on my own and wasn't really wanting to talk through the hike... I thought maybe I would follow them a bit behind and see what it's about...but I really would rather get up at the crack of dawn, if not earlier and head out before the places I like to go to regularly turn into ant colonies....

I'll have to check out Northhampton Park one day. So many places I want to check out nearby that I never get the chance.

I love nature too, same...all of it...and it's only gotten stronger...

By chance was it SAOAC (Syracuse Area Outdoor Adventure Club) meetup group? It is (or was) a very large and active meetup group. Hiking, kayaking, camping, backpacking, Polar Bear Dive into the Seneca River in Baldwinsville every winter, ice skating and Christmas tree lighting in downtown Syracuse, spooky Halloween walk in historic Oakwood Cemetery next to Syracuse University, annual Middle Ages Brewery weekend party in the park next to the brewery in Syracuse.

If that's the group and you're looking for something to do, I highly recommend them. Great group, great people, great outings.

My profile picture is with a small SAOAC group at Pixley Falls State Park on on Tug Hill Plateau near Boonville. I'm in the black t-shirt and the guy in the read sweatshirt is Joe "Bear", one of the meetup group organizers.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Master
Haha! Now I feel like I lead a very sheltered, reclusive life! I've never heard of SAOAC! And you know far more about what's going on in this area than I do! No, I think the name of the group I joined but never actually did participate was a small trail hiking group, Cayuga hiking group, trail group...I can't even recall it now.

SAOAC does sound like great fun, I think I get too shy as far as that first step...walking into a place alone...the deer in the headlight look on my face, uh, now what??

Now I'll have to check out your profile picture LOL!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:15 AM
Hi Sarian!!!!!! Tell JustASimpleGuy we got tipsy together once!
All good here, btw.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-03-2020, 02:09 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Haha! I was at the 2010 festival at Leavenworth Park!

https://beermentor.me/2010/08/20/mid...wery-festival/
Old 04-03-2020, 01:31 PM
Master
Hahahahaha!! Miss Hepburn, yes, I got a bit tipsy, you got hammered!!! If you ever come back up to NY, you better let me know!! We can do it again, sans your class reunion! ;-)

JASG, you get around! I have been to Leavenorth Park but not to any festivals.!! I'm envious of your travels!
Old 04-03-2020, 01:51 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Hahahahaha!! Miss Hepburn, yes, I got a bit tipsy, you got hammered!!! If you ever come back up to NY, you better let me know!! We can do it again, sans your class reunion! ;-)

JASG, you get around! I have been to Leavenorth Park but not to any festivals.!! I'm envious of your travels!

Middle Age Brewery is right next to the park.

They put on a pretty good party. Aside from the food and beer they roll in two stages and rotate bands.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:09 PM
Master
I enjoyed watching your 2 videos.

Thanks.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-03-2020, 07:59 AM
Master
JustASimpleGuy,

When you are hiking, what precautions do you take for safety?

What I am really interested in is what my 'voice' brought to my attention yesterday. This dealt with rabid animals and in our area, really bad people.

Our area has had recent cases of rabid animals and of course our usual run of the mill drug smugglers and human traffickers. You have previously mentioned, I believe, your Ruger. Do you keep 'her' easily accessible or how? Just curious.

I never carried such things on hikes but I have planned two hikes in the future were precautions might be in order.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 24-03-2020, 03:35 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Nature has always been a way for me to connect and especially solo. It's truly a place one can easily remain present and today was no exception.

Yes, I agree. A walk through nature is walk with God. I find a walk in the forest especially peaceful.