Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-06-2014, 10:05 PM
Master

However, we can request awakening.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor

However, we can request awakening.

Brilliant! So true!!

I begged God to help me! I begged for his mercy and to KNOW HIM and he shook my world!! Painfully but beautifully!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatd
Brilliant! So true!!

I begged God to help me! I begged for his mercy and to KNOW HIM and he shook my world!! Painfully but beautifully!
So lovely to read your post, and explained how to request awakening.
Old 11-06-2014, 05:58 AM
Master

It is not we who choose to awaken ourselves, but God Who chooses to awaken us.
Quote:
Here are some other suggestions:

The quickest way to awakening is to love God / Truth with all your heart!
To always love the Love that loves us.

"Pray for your own discovery." - Thomas Merton

First, we must prepare our Heart. To let go of all our wants and fears, so as to make room for God (Truth) to occupy that void. Only God knows when the heart is truly void of self.
"I must learn to ‘leave myself’ in order to find myself by yielding to the love of God...
We become detached ‘from ourselves’ in order to see and use all things in and for God (Truth)." - Thomas Merton
We detach from all forms of self-will, self-seeking, and selfishness.
We pray earnestly to remain meek and humble (soft and gentle) at all times.
Continual prayer and Silent prayer lead to awakening.

In the midst of awakening, fear of death (or of something else) may stop the awakening.
But what is dying? Is it not our ego-self - our ignorance?

Stories about Truth do not awaken us. Living what we know to be true is waking up.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Molearner

[quote=VisitorContinual prayer and Silent prayer lead to awakening.

In the midst of awakening, fear of death (or of something else) may stop the awakening.
But what is dying? Is it not our ego-self - our ignorance?

Stories about Truth do not awaken us. Living what we know to be true is waking up.[/QUOTE]

Visitor and Jatd,

Thanks so much for your postings. There is so much truth in what both of you have posted. I think that silent prayers(simply being still) is the universally recognized of instigating awakening in all traditions. This is a paradox in itself........doing nothing(being still...silencing all thoughts,etc) leads to everything(awakening). It sounds so simple but it is so difficult because our ego fights mightily against this act. Non-Christians refer to this goal as seeking self-realization.......as a Christian I prefer to call this Christ-realization......discovering the Christ(divine) within ourselves.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:07 AM
Claire deLune

Quote:
I mean the Old Testament? Really? Its absurd. The way God is portrayed?? This is man's egotistical, desire for power and control and its sickening.

We have been lied to, tricked, programmed, brain washed and lead astray.
God is Love. We are Love. We are eternal and no God will ever "send" us to any "hell." Hell doesn't exist the way most Christians think it does. Thay have been misinformed. We do not need a book written by another human being that "Claims" it was God Breathed. What we need is to connect one on one with God. To have an intimate relationship that no book could ever give you.
That is my truth.

Beautifully said, and I totally agree with you about the Old Testament. Why is it that so many Christians refer back to it when Jesus himself denied most of the laws from that time? And a God that acts so much like a mean old man is just ridiculous. I believed those things too at one time, but it just doesn't make sense anymore.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Master

It is more important to know where we are coming from (the question) than to know where we want to go to (our perceived answer).

IMHO. Where we are coming from always points to two types of motive, either we come from an ego or spiritual motive. In other words, from fear or love.
Once we know which, we will know what answer we are looking for.
Our fear wishes to avoid the truth, while our love only reveals the truth.
Our answers can only be either to avoid the truth, or to obtain the truth.
The truth is always found within us, and truth is the only answer of any value/worth.
In this regard, it is best to always ask questions from our loving (spiritual) self, to obtain the truth.
It is the truth that will set us free from ignorance and fear.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I came to the understanding three decades ago now that Jesus was an ascended master and initiate - a good old human being just like you and me - who united his consciousness with the Christ or Universal consciousness. No god in other words, just a man who raised his enlightenment level to the highest degree. This was the end of my mainstream understanding of Christianity and beginning of my metaphysical understanding, and the springboard of my current journey regarding the self-realization path - the enlightenment path of Christ/Universal consciousness open to every human being and soul. Jesus is like my big bro who went to college ahead of me.

This is a ruse. Errant.

Jesus, you see, appeared to the Jews, in the land of Israel. (Judeo-Christianity).

He was long prophesied about in the Jewish scriptures... as is evident with study, and not just that He would appear, and "Save", but how He would appear, and the manner in which He would Save.
Which is in line with the Almighty's ancient ordination of the Atonements, to His people.

Also, if He were not the Father almighty, God incarnate, the prophesied manner by which He would save, (saves), would have no value, or meaning.
Which is what the disaffected towards God hope for.
Speakling of the sacrifice, and on the Cross, (the tree), and, as the Lamb of God.

http://biblehub.com/romans/1-16.htm

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to ...

It is God's power to save everyone who believes, Jews first and Greeks, (gentiles), as well. ..."

So... the above perspective about being an "ascended master, which is held by others also, is a ruse...
While Siddartha the Buddha may be referred to as such, and we can see how Siddartha spoke the Truth, Jesus is not.
He is "Emmanuel", "God with us".

So, no, this ascended master theory and perception has no place in the Christian forums.

Daniel Chapter 7:

"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence..."
Written centuries before Jesus' appearance in the World.

http://biblehub.com/daniel/7-13.htm

Also, as the Biblical prophesies continue to be fulfilled before our eyes, in this modern global neighborhood, and, "Babylon"; as we see the human drama played out in the World, we can see His prophesied return, and His prophesied rule, approaching.

As is imminent.

This is the (Judeo) Christian message, and Good News. It is sure, as it is sourced apart from time and space.

"14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed."

The Book of Daniel

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-06-2014, 05:14 AM
Master
Old 14-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Master
Here are some notes I have taken down from reading books about saints and what they have said about being filled with God's Grace.
  1. The entire worldly life (people, places, things, and situations) suddenly seem alien.
  2. Able to read the secrets of human souls, all their hidden treasures, desires, deeds, and thoughts.
  3. Able to see the will of God as it concerns to other people.

Some say, that such traits belong to the spiritual gift of discernment. Here a few notes I've gathered about discernment.
  • Discernment (the ability to judge truthfully) is from God’s Grace.
  • Discernment is the crown of virtues.
  • Egoism and self-concern blocks discernment.
  • The person who has peaceful thoughts and is one with God is free from distractions. This person knows exactly which thoughts are his own, which ones come from the enemy, and which ones are from friends.
  • "Pray for discernment, because everything else follows from that." – Fr Roland Walls
    • Discerning what is truth or the supernatural.
  • Discernment is a gift from the Holy Spirit.
  • Degree of perception increases as increase of Truth is known, and an increase in spiritual matters.