Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 07:46 PM
Knower
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagandell
What has hunting got to do with spirituality
Or am I missing out on something here ...........
People are connected to all animals at a higher level of consciousness. They just know that the hunting or killing of animals is not harmonious with that higher consciousness. So, the killing of an animal is a reflection of something in the psychology of themselves. They have the desire to hunt for whatever reason they choose.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Master
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenofthrees
People are connected to all animals at a higher level of consciousness. They just know that the hunting or killing of animals is not harmonious with that higher consciousness. So, the killing of an animal is a reflection of something in the psychology of themselves. They have the desire to hunt for whatever reason they choose.
Yes that's true. I'm not saying peeps are not allowed to feel what they want to feel but when it's about animal cruelty I feel I have to voice my own opinion about such things.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Master

When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.
- A.D. Williams

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 07-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Plants are just consciousness stuck in one place, it can't run from the hunter like a deer. In other words if you are going to survive on this planet you must eat things which were alive until you decided to eat them.

Meanwhile you yourself are being hunted to be eaten to provide life for another life form. Bacteria, viruses, fungus and all manner of things would love to partake of your delicious essence and in fact are right now!

This is life. Life feeds on life. We can turn it into a moral and ethical debate, but to what point? If we stop eating that which was or is living we will starve to death - this is the way of things.

We might say that we are not killing the plant, nearly removing some lettuce leaves, or removing part of it and it's still alive. Which is so, I too could live with an arm torn off most likely... but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be ghastly painful loosing it!

Better to have reverence, gratitude and appreciation for all life which has given itself so that you might live, be it the chicken, the lettuce, the corn or the berry. This is where the tradition of Grace before a meal comes from - thanking the consciousness which gave it's body so that you might remain in yours for another day :)

Hold no guilt that you must consume life in order to live, but extend your love and gratitude, from your heart in deep appreciation, to all that you must consume in order to live.

That sounds like a meat-eaters 'conscience comforting' rationale.
A variation on the 'vegans kill carrots, therefore I can kill cows with a clear conscience' argument.

Plants are alive as an extension of the Earth Soul, but they don't have individualised souls as animals do.
A measure of consciousness, but nothing akin to that of an animal. (And the purpose, the Service, of the Plant Kingdom is beautify the earth and provide sustenance for the Human and Animal Kingdoms.)

Animals have the full range of emotions, the same as we do, only lacking the medium to express it in language we humans can understand. Though surely any thinking, aware person can comprehend their fear, pain and similar love of life.

We 'must' consume animals? There is no must. And certainly no 'must' that we should hunt them for sport or prowess.

Old 07-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Master

Quote:
What has hunting got to do with spirituality
Or am I missing out on something here ...........

Hunting has nothing to do with spirituality.
Compassion has everything to do with spirituality!

Old 07-08-2015, 09:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes that's true. I'm not saying peeps are not allowed to feel what they want to feel but when it's about animal cruelty I feel I have to voice my own opinion about such things.

Well said.

Cruelty and injustice thrive when good people stay silent....

Old 08-08-2015, 04:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I do believe that if people want to eat meat they should do the killing.

I'd be like the wild wild west. "Do you want to draw for this pig?"
Old 08-08-2015, 05:31 AM
Master
Years and years ago I stayed in a flat over a takeaways and they used to keep sacks of rice on the stairs up to my room and at night the little beggars you'se to keep me awake running around and so I got a trap and started killing them... oh, golly that wasn't nice 'cause everytime the trap went off and one of them was in it I'd get an almighty shock through me and I didn't like that at all. And then kinda recently there were some rats in the ceiling, actually it was before we had cats so it was a few years ago, and I don't mind them so much as I live out back in my shacks but Mum wanted them gone so I set traps and caught one or three and again if they got caught while I was in the house...shocked, but even outside I'd know but the shock would amp down to just a tingle. So those little buggers which I quite love actually as I'd caught one or two by surprise in the hot air cupboard when opening it and there beauty was always obvious. And then I'd skin the big rats I caught in the ceiling and those pelts never had the same sheen as when they were on a living creature.

So I'd surmise that a stealthy kill, with a rifle, a good shot straight to the brain, with the creature having no idea it's being hunted because to me it's that fear thing. Any creature dying in fear especially a prolonged one of dogs chasing boar or suchlike can't be a good thing. If you can stick to veges and pulses 'cause they'll definitely keep you alive and healthy and if it's meat on the side then leftovers like meat on the bones and offal which no-one really wants... why not.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Suspended
Master

animals hunt
can humans be more than animals?
Old 08-08-2015, 04:33 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Plants are just consciousness stuck in one place, it can't run from the hunter like a deer. In other words if you are going to survive on this planet you must eat things which were alive until you decided to eat them.

Meanwhile you yourself are being hunted to be eaten to provide life for another life form. Bacteria, viruses, fungus and all manner of things would love to partake of your delicious essence and in fact are right now!

This is life. Life feeds on life. We can turn it into a moral and ethical debate, but to what point? If we stop eating that which was or is living we will starve to death - this is the way of things.

We might say that we are not killing the plant, nearly removing some lettuce leaves, or removing part of it and it's still alive. Which is so, I too could live with an arm torn off most likely... but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be ghastly painful loosing it!

Better to have reverence, gratitude and appreciation for all life which has given itself so that you might live, be it the chicken, the lettuce, the corn or the berry. This is where the tradition of Grace before a meal comes from - thanking the consciousness which gave it's body so that you might remain in yours for another day :)

Hold no guilt that you must consume life in order to live, but extend your love and gratitude, from your heart in deep appreciation, to all that you must consume in order to live.

We feel separate from this reality, because we buy food at a store, all nicely packaged no less. If we Hunted - Gathered from our immediate environment, we would know of this reality, and it would be part of our spirituality. We can blame money for this.
Closed Thread