Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-09-2020, 09:46 PM
janielee

Spirituality

What I get from this forum is that spirituality has no fixed definition.

From people who crave company, to those interested in tarot, to the ones who cast magik, to those interested in OBE and the like, to those interested in Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism - there is really something for everyone on this forum.

And there is no consistent definition of spirituality here - although I guess everyone likes their version.

But what I'm learning, and seeing, is that it is these spiritual people (who often vector away from critical thinking to what they consider "intuition" or hearing voices - usually their own) are ripe for manipulation.

No offence intended, but the amount of conspiracy theorists, dark web thinking, fear induced paranoia and plain old ignorance is the stuff of legends and teenagers.

But no, most of these folks call themselves spiritually inclined.

It's like people want to create a big bad monster if there is no obvious one, but hey, flashlight moment - the monster is not out there. It's right there in you - the one who calls others monsters, or creates bogeymen out of every day people (the latest I read: Obama is not to be trusted and Bill Gates the philanthropist actually wants to neuter everyone).

Or claims that because the Government is trying to control a virus (which I have had, GlitterRose has seen, one-light is familiar with) by asking people to wear masks and quarantine, this is part of a world control underground state. Apparently giving up a holiday in order to save anothers' family from suffering is also too much to ask of some, and all part of a conspiracy and bad management these days.

Wow, I've really enjoyed the quality and depth of people on this forum in past years, and it has been filled with people who demonstrate insight and compassion - and I hope it will return to normalcy one day, but for now, it's been insightful and fascinating to know how many "spiritual" people think that their thoughts are reality and mistake voices for God.

JL

Last edited by janielee : 12-09-2020 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-09-2020, 10:54 PM
55Degrees

This ^^^^ 100%.
I how you have conducted yourself in such a dignified way while these people have insulted and belittled you and attempted to ridicule your experience, views and opinions (also the general view of medical research) whilst claims of 'facts' are followed with links to sites that push a dangerous agenda (proving confirmation bias).

Obviously, the forum continued on the basis that the level of posting and interaction increased, however it feels like it's been at a cost and some recent posts have been allowed to continue despite blatant disregard of the forum rules (and yet less aggressive rule breaks feel the full weight of the rulebook).

It saddens me that what used to be a wholesome and diverse place is now rife with conspiracy theories and claims of spiritual superiority from out of control egos. I would like to say tho that there are many members here who I appreciate and admire. However if this is how the forum is going to move forward, I don't feel I can be part of it and will head to pastures new.
Old 13-09-2020, 03:50 AM
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee

From people who crave company, to those interested in tarot, to the ones who cast magik, to those interested in OBE and the like, to those interested in Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism - there is really something for everyone on this forum.

And there is no consistent definition of spirituality here - although I guess everyone likes their version.

But what I'm learning, and seeing, is that it is these spiritual people (who often vector away from critical thinking to what they consider "intuition" or hearing voices - usually their own) are ripe for manipulation.

No offence intended, but the amount of conspiracy theorists, dark web thinking, fear induced paranoia and plain old ignorance is the stuff of legends and teenagers.

It's like people want to create a big bad monster if there is no obvious one, but hey, flashlight moment - the monster is not out there. It's right there in you - the one who calls others monsters, or creates bogeymen out of every day people (the latest I read: Obama is not to be trusted and Bill Gates the philanthropist actually wants to neuter everyone).

Or claims that because the Government is trying to control a virus (which I have had, GlitterRose has seen, one-light is familiar with) by asking people to wear masks and quarantine, this is part of a world control underground state. Apparently giving up a holiday in order to save anothers' family from suffering is also too much to ask of some, and all part of a conspiracy and bad management these days.

Wow, I've really enjoyed the quality and depth of people on this forum in past years, and it has been filled with people who demonstrate insight and compassion - and I hope it will return to normalcy one day, but for now, it's been insightful and fascinating to know how many "spiritual" people think that their thoughts are reality and mistake voices for God.

JL

janielee,

I feel you have been doing your best to moderate the Forums. We have confidence in you.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 13-09-2020, 04:04 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
This ^^^^ 100%.
I how you have conducted yourself in such a dignified way while these people have insulted and belittled you and attempted to ridicule your experience, views and opinions (also the general view of medical research) whilst claims of 'facts' are followed with links to sites that push a dangerous agenda (proving confirmation bias).

Obviously, the forum continued on the basis that the level of posting and interaction increased, however it feels like it's been at a cost and some recent posts have been allowed to continue despite blatant disregard of the forum rules (and yet less aggressive rule breaks feel the full weight of the rulebook).

It saddens me that what used to be a wholesome and diverse place is now rife with conspiracy theories and claims of spiritual superiority from out of control egos. I would like to say tho that there are many members here who I appreciate and admire. However if this is how the forum is going to move forward, I don't feel I can be part of it and will head to pastures new.

Yes - there are still good people here

I feel for the forum leaders - it is not an easy job, and it seems the most vocal are those enarmored by the conspiracies high fiving each other in their kinship for the mundane.

Thanks for your kind words, and I hope that you will stay - this forum was once so rich and beautiful with so many of the True Light - it would be a pity if the remaining positive folks also left.

JL
Old 13-09-2020, 05:22 AM
Master
Yes, spirit learns in many ways, and there is not one correct way.
In regards to those conspiracies, so loudly lamented,
first they ignore them, then they ridicule them, and then they fight them.
Where are we at the moment?

We are in the end times brothers, and there is no better place to watch it unfold.
Hallelujah
Rah nam
Old 13-09-2020, 12:13 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Common sense will tell you that if you believe, if people have thoughts, ponder, have a perceptual experience of any kind it's processed by what's in their noggin. Making a decision about what to believe or not or how it's expressed is not divine in nature, it's brain/mind constructed. Thinking that Spiritual people are immune to the ravages of what's floating around in their skulls is not critical and it's not thinking. Scientists have also found that Spirituality and schizophrenia come from the same area of the brain.

So the question is, where is the line drawn between Spirituality and all the noggin-related stuff? Really though, what everybody has in common is that they have an existential experience within the context of and relation to their created perceptual reality. Same for everybody - labelled as Spiritual or not. The only real differences are in the context.

I could say the same for others in this forum, because the vector of critical thinking is relative to each individual that thinks. And yes, I include myself in that too but I admit it. Sometimes critical thinking it isn't.

The Universe is the way it is for its own reasons and everybody is having their own existential experience regardless. Who can say if their experience isn't Life Purpose/Karmic Obligations? We all have that in common. The separating factor seems to be the word 'Spiritual' and its definitions so what does that say about whom? If there's something wrong with their Spirituality, where does that 'wrong' come from? And if it's 'them and us'????

Spiritual vs mundane, is that how the Universe in which there is only the One Self and "there is no separation" is divided? What happened to echoes and reflections? Is that indicative that we are divided with ourselves by the word 'Spiritual' and its definitions?
Old 13-09-2020, 02:23 PM
Master

spirituality

Quote:
but for now, it's been insightful and fascinating to know how many "spiritual" people think that their thoughts are reality and mistake voices for God.

JL
It's precisely for the superstitious ,ignorant ,selfish , negative and passive people's spirituality that spirituality today is in the dismal state it is in . Of course it's not something that there is not hope . There are great people with great insights . Things can and will improve for better.
Old 13-09-2020, 02:46 PM
Master

spirituality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Scientists have also found that Spirituality and schizophrenia come from the same area of the brain.

In a subtle way spiritual people are being labelled people with schizophrenia. But we must remember place of origin does not determine the kind of outcome. We all originate from activities of an area from where urine passes. This does not mean we are comparable to bacteria in urine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

Spiritual vs mundane, is that how the Universe in which there is only the One Self and "there is no separation" is divided? What happened to echoes and reflections? Is that indicative that we are divided with ourselves by the word 'Spiritual' and its definitions?

Like any science , there are always terms and definitions in any discipline and so does and will spirituality will have definitions , segregation , classifications . We can always question advanced topics of any sciences with respect to their basic terms and definitions . We can do it in every science. We can not predict earthquake . We can not explain and predict how and when low pressures will be created in any part of the world resulting in some cyclonic activity etc.Many diseases are still incurable .
Old 13-09-2020, 03:04 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
In a subtle way spiritual people are being labelled people with schizophrenia. But we must remember place of origin does not determine the kind of outcome. We all originate from activities of an area from where urine passes. This does not mean we are comparable to bacteria in urine.
If you think schizophrenia is a label then that; is your lack of knowledge. If someone suffers from schizophrenia I can assure you that what they don't experience is a label. Go talk to people who have schizophrenia or do your homework, because often there's a reason why Spirituality is linked to schizophrenia. It has the same origins, regardless if that offends your sensibilities or not.

Edit: Urine and sperm do not come from the same place, Spirituality and schizophrenia do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Like any science , there are always terms and definitions in any discipline and so does and will spirituality will have definitions , segregation , classifications . We can always question advanced topics of any sciences with respect to their basic terms and definitions . We can do it in every science. We can not predict earthquake . We can not explain and predict how and when low pressures will be created in any part of the world resulting in some cyclonic activity etc.Many diseases are still incurable .
Nothing to do with science and everything to do with good old human nature. Those are the choices that Spiritual people make in general, that they talk about how there is no separation yet this thread is all about just that. This thread has drawn lines of separation between groups of people, it begins with Spiritual vs non-Spiritual and now it's 'their' Spirituality vs 'ours'.

What does that tell you?
Old 13-09-2020, 03:41 PM
Master

Quote:

JL

I don’t know what is true spirituality. To me it’s a tool. An anchor. But even though I’ve read some about it, my true roots of spiritual insights are often mental techniques to release resistance. It develops further now into gaining insights. Also, talking helps a lot. I try to extend this now with new interests which might teach me more about logic. However I came to spirituality in this lifetime because all of a sudden my mind didn’t seem to function (autism) and it became harsh. The concepts of chakra’s was something I understood better than how to put a table together from wood. So I went with the chakra’s. I still use a lot of tools I’ve developed and learned in my teenage years. Just more advanced. But it’s kinda useless in my eyes to not use spirituality. Concepts should work down on the ground. If they don’t work here, why follow them? However I do see the use of kindness as very useful. However one should be capable to stand up for him or herself.

That’s my bit of this discussion. It made me think these things. Don’t mind giving feedback. I kinda feel like it’s about me too, namely. Could also pm me.