Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-08-2020, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Honest question: Is this your belief, or your experience?
It's my experience.

When I work from my surface mind my plans don't have much effect.

When I come from my inner being good stuff happens, usually in surprising ways.

Old 25-08-2020, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks. I generally share similar beliefs, but I was interested if anybody really had achieved the ability to do it reliably (positive wishes, because negative emotions seem to be more powerful), or we're talking mostly theoretical, beliefs, hit and miss mostly miss. As you wrote "things that may not actually show up for weeks, months, or years", or never I would add.

Yes, negative emotions get in the way, but ignoring or resisting them doesn't work.

So, I begin by facing and releasing the doubt, fear, etc. as the first step in the clearing the way for manifestation.

Old 25-08-2020, 06:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
It's my experience.

When I work from my surface mind my plans don't have much effect.

When I come from my inner being good stuff happens, usually in surprising ways.
Thanks. Could you give a couple of your best examples?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-08-2020, 06:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes, negative emotions get in the way, but ignoring or resisting them doesn't work.

So, I begin by facing and releasing the doubt, fear, etc. as the first step in the clearing the way for manifestation.
I believe "anger" is also a big one, immediately after "fear".
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-08-2020, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks. I generally share similar beliefs, but I was interested if anybody really had achieved the ability to do it reliably (positive wishes, because negative emotions seem to be more powerful), or we're talking mostly theoretical, beliefs, hit and miss mostly miss. As you wrote "things that may not actually show up for weeks, months, or years", or never I would add.

This pertains mainly when creating with the mind, creative visualization or affirmations, etc. A deeper projection removed from mind manifests more quickly. Mind often gets in the way, people have anxiety about their manifestation or they look for the manifestation to come in a certain way, which allows them to miss it coming in other ways. Basically they interfer, that is why it is a hit or miss.This does not happen when we consciously create from our deeper being. Our deeper being will show us how to effectively manifest our hearts desire as it resides in our heart, at the center of our being. As surrender, humility, and stillness, are qualities of our deeper being, unlike the qualities of the human mind, manifesting from our deeper being is a very different state of awareness and there are no negative emotions.
Old 25-08-2020, 08:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Yea, it is really weird that actually my thoughts automatically, focus on negative thoughts. How can I redirect that only with medidation?
Old 25-08-2020, 09:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izildo
Yea, it is really weird that actually my thoughts automatically, focus on negative thoughts. How can I redirect that only with medidation?
No redirection is necessary. In meditation you quiet your mind and learn to exist in inner silence with a quiet mind. What might help is meditating in the same spot in your home on a regular basis, you will condition your subconscious to prepare for meditation after a while from your repeatedly sitting in that spot to do meditation. Successful repetition is important; doing the same thing the same effective way

Emotions are often generated by thoughts, quiet your thoughts and your emotions, or feelings, will over time center. Centered feelings are neutral, neither good not bad, they are very light, airy, and expansive. The hardest thing for some people is just to do nothing, and that is what meditation requires, it requires us to surrender.

Also the energy from your meditation will build up in that spot where you always meditate, and in time that will help you effortlessly slip into a meditative state. Mediating on a regular basis is key; I do meditation the first thing when I awaken from sleep, before my mind kicks in, this is one of the best ways to quiet your mind, before it starts revving up, and if you work practice meditating in a quiet place on your lunch break. It is best to be quiet inside most of the day in my opinion.

It might also be helpful to meditate for five to ten minutes before going to sleep, depending on how tired you are. You have to train your mind to be quiet and understand that you are not your thoughts. We all have positive and negative within us, it is necessary to grow the positive and make it larger than the negative, quiet meditation can help us do this. The silent presence in meditation can engulf and surround us; it can protect us and guide us, if we nurture it and consistently give it our undivided attention.

This is my experience.
Old 25-08-2020, 03:36 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
No redirection is necessary. In meditation you quiet your mind and learn to exist in inner silence with a quiet mind. What might help is meditating in the same spot in your home on a regular basis, you will condition your subconscious to prepare for meditation after a while from your repeatedly sitting in that spot to do meditation. Successful repetition is important; doing the same thing the same effective way

Emotions are often generated by thoughts, quiet your thoughts and your emotions, or feelings, will over time center. Centered feelings are neutral, neither good not bad, they are very light, airy, and expansive. The hardest thing for some people is just to do nothing, and that is what meditation requires, it requires us to surrender.

Also the energy from your meditation will build up in that spot where you always meditate, and in time that will help you effortlessly slip into a meditative state. Mediating on a regular basis is key; I do meditation the first thing when I awaken from sleep, before my mind kicks in, this is one of the best ways to quiet your mind, before it starts revving up, and if you work practice meditating in a quiet place on your lunch break. It is best to be quiet inside most of the day in my opinion.

It might also be helpful to meditate for five to ten minutes before going to sleep, depending on how tired you are. You have to train your mind to be quiet and understand that you are not your thoughts. We all have positive and negative within us, it is necessary to grow the positive and make it larger than the negative, quiet meditation can help us do this. The silent presence in meditation can engulf and surround us; it can protect us and guide us, if we nurture it and consistently give it our undivided attention.

This is my experience.

Hi Starman,

Thank you.

I have a question -- I have a fear ( a palpable, whole body, physical one ) that first arose a few years ago. Since then, I frequently think of it, and it's visual - whole body, it freezes my body. I don't want to feel and remember it as I worry about that but I don't know how to move over it, get over it. I don't know whether it's a childhood thing or why it arose and since then arises and repeats in a visual and sensory way.

Sighs.

Thanks,

JL
Old 25-08-2020, 04:19 PM
Master

focus on positives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izildo

Only in mathematics negation of negation is positive . In psychology negation of negation still remains negative . The reason is human mind / subconscious mind is simply a storehouse of experienced thoughts , preferences , conclusions , opinions, patterns etc . Though intellect has some negation, it is simply not possible and sufficient enough for intellect to clean up this storehouse . It is like trying to clean dirt with dirt . You need clean water to clean the dirt. When humans are dealing with thoughts or so to say subconscious mind , in order to change the direction to positive one needs to cleanup the pre-conceived notions/ideas .The key to it is to put new positive, creative thoughts in it , remain engaged through out in positive activities ,stay away from triggers triggering negativity , review /revise / rebut pre-conceived notions to take it to positive frame , remain alert not to let any new negative thought let in place of existing ones while u try to replace old one with new positive ones .

The key to all this is how fast u associate/identify yourself in life with positive things , divine phenomenon , greater beings , creative ideas . The keener the faster the intense all this association, the quicker your disassociation with negative thoughts will be .

As explained by starman earlier consistent meditation practice and recital of any mantras (if possible aloud) for the God u believe in is highly recommended .
Old 25-08-2020, 07:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Hi Starman,

Thank you.

I have a question -- I have a fear ( a palpable, whole body, physical one ) that first arose a few years ago. Since then, I frequently think of it, and it's visual - whole body, it freezes my body. I don't want to feel and remember it as I worry about that but I don't know how to move over it, get over it. I don't know whether it's a childhood thing or why it arose and since then arises and repeats in a visual and sensory way.

Sighs.

Thanks,

JL
Hell-o my friend, it is important for us to face our fears. Since your fear is visual, it would be helpful to be with someone you trust while you face this particular fear. Imagine it, go into that image which frightens you and see what hold it has on you.

Fear is always about what is going to happen next; there are fears that are valid and fears that are baseless. From what little you have said, it sounds like your fear may be a conditioned response. Something that you have been conditioned to fear.

Pushing it away only gives it strength, it increases the power that it has over you. Uncovering this fear may tell you something deeper about your self. It may help you to get to know you better. What is the worst thing that can happen if you face this fear?

If this fear is very great then you may need to talk to a counselor and see them for a number of sessions. If it is a deep rooted fear facing it alone may put you in a catatonic state, or cause you to freeze up and become dysfunctional, that is why I say it is best to have someone you trust present when you are working on your fears.

There are lots of ways to deal with fears; art therapy works, drawing a picture of how you feel when the fear arises, is the fear sharp, etc., using colors and shapes that you think best represents your fear. Does this fear effect your breathing, do you have cold sweats, etc., any assessment must be comprehensive.

Behavior modification also works, especially desensitization techniques which are used to desensitize you to your fears and make them less fearful. Positive affirmations may work and also guided imagery that helps to let you know you are protected from what you fear.

Of course living in the moment also works, but hiding from your fears is like kicking the can down the road. Your fears will still be there and they will present themselves occasionally. This is all about the relationship that you have with your self; it is all about healing your self. Healing is a journey, there may be no instant fix.

I would suggest writing down what you fear and keeping a journal to start, if you see a counselor you can share what you have written with that person. Writing things down might also give you some insights into your fear from what you have written. The best way to get rid of this fear is to uncover it and face it; this will take time, it will also take the power this fear has over you away from it.

Peace and Good Journey