Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-09-2020, 06:30 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
ketzer,

yes I did assume you were talking about Christians because you posted it in the Christian Forum. Maybe you should provide clarity when you post as to which Forum the posting is suppose to really be in.

Well you will have to forgive me Johns. I did not know the rule about only people who think and talk like John are allowed to post their posts in the Christian forum. Would you like me to run all my future post past one of you before I post them? You know, to ensure they fall within your acceptable limits of what a true Christian topic of discussion should be.

You see it gets rather confusing, not being a true Christian myself, to discern between all these Christians running around claiming they represent true Christianity and the others do not. Ghastly as it was, when Christians were actually burning each other at the stake to settle the question, at least there was only one party left calling itself the one True Christians. But alas Johns, the bleeding hearts and artists must have their way, and you can't burn up those non true Christians to get them out of the way. So you will just have to keep pointing them out to us ignorant folk who don't have the moral and religious clarity to sit in judgment of them and decide who gets to use the label and who does not. A cross to bear to be sure, but that is the lot of the defenders of God.

Old 15-09-2020, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
ketzer,

yes I did assume you were talking about Christians because you posted it in the Christian Forum. Maybe you should provide clarity when you post as to which Forum the posting is suppose to really be in.

' yes I did assume you were talking about Christians because you posted it in the Christian Forum. Maybe you should provide clarity when you post as to which Forum the posting is suppose to really be in '

But you Post Anti-Christian Gospels in a Christian Thread, so that seems a bit hypocritical to expect the OP to provide clarity does it not ?

Should we have an Anti- Christian Thread in the Christian Section ?
Definitely not.....

Old 15-09-2020, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
From what I have seen on this thread, there seems to be a lot of animosity against Christianity. Is that really true, or are people just 'venting'?

As for me, I see goodness in all faiths. I know some look at that as being weird, but that is how I am......... I know, some will disagree.

I agree John. All faiths have well intentions.
The difference in Christianity is Salvation.
This on the part of our perfect God, in Christ.

Saved means rescued. As by Another.
Grace means, "Unmerited Favor".

We should remember that our future has already occurred from the eternal perspective.
It has been written about, and prophesied.

As well, there are those who are predestined, and among the elect, through all of time until the end.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 16-09-2020, 05:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
I agree John. All faiths have well intentions.

Saved means rescued. As by Another.
Grace means, "Unmerited Favor".

We should remember that our future has already occurred from the eternal perspective.
It has been written about, and prophesied.

As well, there are those who are predestined, and among the elect, through all of time until the end.

All faiths have well intentions.

The only difference Morph is the way other faith systems look for the same ' Salvation '
Old 16-09-2020, 08:43 PM
Soul Seeker

Quote:
ketzer,

have you noticed the number of posts in the Christian Forum that seem like they should be in the Judaism Forum?

For example, posits using the word Yahweh.
How many Christians Bibles use the word Yahweh in the New Testament? As far as I know, none.
How many Christian Bibles use the word Yahweh in the Old Testament? Only one that I know of.

Sure, Yahweh is the name of God but most Christians do not know that.

Christians forget that they are to become Jews at heart if they want the Jewish god to recognize them.

Read the scriptures. They are clear.

Yahweh and Jesus are first and foremost, a Jewish invention and Jewish god.

Yahweh is almost pure Jewish while the Jesus who tested and failed the messianic prophesy is more Roman.

The only worthy gods are the esoteric and mystical branches of all the Abrahamic Jewish offshoots, including Islam.

The siblings just can't seem to get along. Unruly children. Perhaps the bible gives good advice to stone all the unruly religious.

Nah. It is wrong too often.

Regards
DL
Old 24-09-2020, 09:43 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Christians forget that they are to become Jews at heart if they want the Jewish god to recognize them.

" 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:27-28
Old 25-09-2020, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid
" 27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:27-28

That scripture emphasizes the simplicity of the Christian faith which is often overlooked.

The Apostle Paul, the Apostle to the nations, helped to make that scripture valid. It was his progressive ways that brought a Jewish sect out of Judaism and allowed Gentiles to enter as equals. Truly, a major change in the beauty of the Christian faith.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 25-09-2020, 09:47 AM
Master

Quote:
That scripture emphasizes the simplicity of the Christian faith which is often overlooked.

The Apostle Paul, the Apostle to the nations, helped to make that scripture valid. It was his progressive ways that brought a Jewish sect out of Judaism and allowed Gentiles to enter as equals. Truly, a major change in the beauty of the Christian faith.

i doubt that is entirely accurate
my research indicates gentiles were always welcome from the start
at the same time Paul did have a massive influence which has to be acknowledged
Old 25-09-2020, 11:58 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
i doubt that is entirely accurate
my research indicates gentiles were always welcome from the start
at the same time Paul did have a massive influence which has to be acknowledged
Hmmm......interesting question.
Can you cite some of that research?
Or just explain further?
Old 25-09-2020, 12:15 PM
Master

i just go straight to the gospels Ketzer
Jesus talks to Roman centurion and he asks Jesus what he should do and Jesus says basically don't be corrupt, serve some greater cause. He never says he has to convert to Judaism. Jesus often did things like that. So it makes sense gentiles would be welcomed in if that was his view.
Why is this not normally considered?
Because of a narrative Peter and James were so law abiding they required gentiles to convert to Judaism, which doesn't make sense because people that taught that are totally condemned in the NT
Basically it is this - Christians often kind of like the idea Jesus, James and Peter were strictly Torah observant but somehow magically Paul comes along after that the opposite is true but it makes very little sense except to give an aura of piety to Jesus they wish to see even if it makes no sense. Either Jesus always welcomed gentiles all along or he didn't