Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-11-2019, 10:16 AM
JustASimpleGuy

What Use is this Forum?

Okay, so the title of this post is click baitish, except I think the content is worthwhile. Maybe reverse click bait?

Aside from sharing experience, thoughts and information via linked sources, for me a big benefit is the diversity of beliefs, thoughts and opinions and the potential challenges that might present to one's ideas resulting in contemplation followed by either reassessment or reinforcement. Another huge benefit is being able to observe my posting pattern and behavior, examining my motivation and measuring that to my philosophical ideal. It's akin to meditation practice and I'd label it practice of philosophy.

So yeah, I consider it a very valuable tool for advancing spiritual development and I'd like to thank everyone and especially those I might disagree with because that's where the real opportunities for growth lie.

Old 23-11-2019, 05:07 PM
Master
For me, participating in this forum is a meaningfull 'way' of spiritually engaging with/in The Flow of Life Itself:
There are ... macroscopic patterns in history wherein developmental sequences pertaining to the above-referenced [in my treatise] alternative possibilities, to the point of near certainty at least, probabilistically peak. Since the selfish versus self-transcendental personal-inclination trendencies☺ I speak of are generally sparked and reinforced by interrelating others who are also in the process of acting out such bifurcating inclinations themselves, said ‘forevermore’ and ‘nevermore’ alternatives tend to be ‘finalized’ in the context of mass events wherein great ‘waves’, in terms of the numbers of individuals involved, of both kinds of happenings cyclically crest on a seasonal basis (as reflected in Jesus’ harvest-time allegories: “Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: [so] both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.” John 4:35-36)
Old 23-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Master

Occasionally, I get ideas, intuition sparks, that help me on my quest for knowledge and guidance.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-11-2019, 06:56 PM
Legrand

I've met here people I can share with directly not even using words.

Antoine
Old 23-11-2019, 07:52 PM
Master
Hello,

What use is this forum?

In short; Whatever one may find useful.

For me it is having a space to express and share ideas, thoughts, and insights.

At times will be inspired to share, at other times given something to consider/reflect upon, while other times may find connections with others.
Old 24-11-2019, 02:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Okay, so the title of this post is click baitish, except I think the content is worthwhile. Maybe reverse click bait?

Aside from sharing experience, thoughts and information via linked sources, for me a big benefit is the diversity of beliefs, thoughts and opinions and the potential challenges that might present to one's ideas resulting in contemplation followed by either reassessment or reinforcement. Another huge benefit is being able to observe my posting pattern and behavior, examining my motivation and measuring that to my philosophical ideal. It's akin to meditation practice and I'd label it practice of philosophy.

So yeah, I consider it a very valuable tool for advancing spiritual development and I'd like to thank everyone and especially those I might disagree with because that's where the real opportunities for growth lie.

I find humor in some posts.

For example, many here were involved in Christianity and in many cases resonate now with the "I AM" but still are 'hurt' by their former involvement in Christianity. Some of their posts in the Christian section reveal this out. Some overflow their 'hurt' into other areas such as Judaism and Islam. That probably is why the Christian section resonates with Anti-Christianity and Anti-Catholicism; same holds true for Judaism and Islam.

Some people on this site are extremely liberal whereas some are very conservative. At times, the two groups clash with personal attacks. Even though this violates the forum rules: rules are ignored.

Some people believe using the 'IGNORE LIST' and telling 'everybody' they just put so and so on the 'IGNORE LIST' is the acme of their day.

Then there are those who become friends.

When all is said and done, we resonate like a large family.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 24-11-2019, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy

Observing your behavior when challenged is a great idea. I don't see much growth coming from that though as its easy to adjust your response and behavior according to your philosophical ideal. Meanwhile, a fire burns inside you.

This forum is pretty tamed in comparison to others so there isn't too much drama. You don't have to worry much about people cursing you out, harshly degrading you, or trying to embarrass you. That would likely provide you with a bigger challenge in how you would respond and feel internally.
Old 24-11-2019, 09:34 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
For example, many here were involved in Christianity and in many cases resonate now with the "I AM" but still are 'hurt' by their former involvement in Christianity.

I grew up Roman Catholic and attended twelve years of Catholic school. Since high school and then Air Force boot camp (go to Sunday service or get put on a work detail. LOL!) I haven't attended aside from weddings and funerals.

The last two weeks I started attending the local Roman Catholic Saturday afternoon mass. It's a nice experience to participate in group communion with God. Plus if one pays attention there is a direct message of oneness and unity in some of the readings and hymns. Advaita Vedanta also doesn't make value judgments on the various religions. All are worthwhile forms of devotion and fulfill the role of Bhakti Yoga.

Honestly, I don't identify as either. I see commonalities and roles each can fulfill in a spiritual context. To take it one step further in the context of Karma Yoga everything is a spiritual practice. All action is an offering to God and not in the service of one's selfish interests.

I contemplated that last point yesterday on a short hike in the forest. Eternal existence, consciousness, bliss is all well and good, but even that has to get boring after several hundreds of trillions of years. If God's purpose for creation is to interact in the only way possible then we are the vehicles for God experiencing that interaction. That's our purpose and Karma Yoga fulfills it if practiced as intended.

At least that's where I am currently at in my understanding.
Old 24-11-2019, 12:15 PM
Lorelyen

Why are you asking? Why are you here (on the forum)?
Old 24-11-2019, 12:49 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Why are you asking? Why are you here (on the forum)?

Did you read the post or just respond to the title?