Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-07-2019, 07:48 PM
ketzer

Original Sin?

What is the full story behind this concept of "Original Sin"?

I remember being taught this as a child but I don't think I ever bought into it.
Just what is this, and how is this supposed to work in the Christian tradition?
Is this part of the other Abrahamic traditions as well?
Old 25-07-2019, 08:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
What is the full story behind this concept of "Original Sin"?

I remember being taught this as a child but I don't think I ever bought into it.
Just what is this, and how is this supposed to work in the Christian tradition?
Is this part of the other Abrahamic traditions as well?

Original sin stems from Adam & Eve being naughty in the garden of Eden. Jesus never mentioned it so I presume he didn't believe in it, who knows. It is definitely not mention in the NT....
Old 25-07-2019, 08:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Original sin stems from Adam & Eve being naughty in the garden of Eden. Jesus never mentioned it so I presume he didn't believe in it, who knows. It is definitely not mention in the NT....

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

If you do some real research, you will find out that even the NT contains information about the original sin.By the way, look at this verse, it uses the word "corrupted", to make a comparison between what the serpent did and the simplicity of Jesus, so, in other words, the serpent corrupted the minds of man.In other words, the minds of Adam and Eve were perfect and pure but they were corrupted by the serpent, so God really made things right ( they were perfect ), but they became corrupted because of the serpent.

How do you corrupt the mind of a child? By teaching that child bad things, I am pretty sure that the serpent had a very long time at disposition to corrupt their minds, it's not something that you do in one meeting.

The serpent is a very powerful symbol used in the Bible, I don't think I found until now a good explanation, you know, sometimes it refers to the devil and its subjects ( Matthew 12:34 "O generation of vipers..", Matthew 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers", John 3:14 "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up" ) and sometimes to the things of God ( remember the rod of Moses ).

This would be an interesting discussion and we are at the subject of the original sin.
Old 25-07-2019, 08:56 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes, I recall it being something passed on down from Adam and Eve. Sort of like a sin they committed (biting the apple I assumed) that gets inherited by all of their progeny (which biblically speaking is everyone). I assume this is why Jesus was not conceived by human sex but put in the womb by God. Otherwise he would have inherited original sin sort of like a 24th chromosome, and would not have been without sin. But some Christians also hold that Mary was without sin, which seems to lead to all sorts of explanations as well.
How much of this do you doctrinal Christians hold to? And more importantly, how important do you see this to the message and meaning to the life of Jesus?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immacu...f_personal_sin
Old 25-07-2019, 09:50 PM
Master

i see it very simple. the concept of 'original sin' we know and love in it's full calvinist expression is not found in scripture. by taking certain verses together you can try to prove it. so long as others are ignored, i think it's over emphasised so much it actually loses it's value as a teaching and can actually corrupt things, in an odd way
Old 25-07-2019, 10:19 PM
ImthatIm

I think it should be called (The original separation)

It is also my belief that through this separation from God
is where one builds the EGO.(EGO being the sin)

So we are on a path of destroying the EGO(Denying Self) and reuniting with God which in turn reunites us with our Brothers and Sista's.
Old 25-07-2019, 11:15 PM
Master
Independent study brings out what I've posted a'lot about.

In the paradise of God, time, with it's effects and consequences were not a factor.
The situation was an angelic one. See Revelation 12:4.

Original sin involves this material, organic situation in which we find ourselves in, "space/time".
This situation may be seen to align with interdimensional, multi-world theories, in science.

The devil is called the, "god of this world".

There is no "apple" mentioned in scripture, concerning the fall.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-07-2019, 11:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Sin is purely a man-made concept, just like morality is.
Old 25-07-2019, 11:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Sin is purely a man-made concept, just like morality is.

"You're fooling yourself and you don't believe it".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-07-2019, 11:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
"You're fooling yourself and you don't believe it".

Or maybe you are the one fooling yourself? I don't believe in your holy book because I know as a fact that we evolved from life forms that had no knowledge about good or evil. The one and only thing that is responsible for the creation of sin is our advanced level of intelligence.