Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-07-2019, 11:32 AM
Ascender

Afterlife: A Modern Guide to the Unseen Realms

A very well researched book on the afterlife just out for anyone so interested -

Afterlife: A Modern Guide to the Unseen Realms (Volume 3 of the Supersoul Series)
by Ian Lawton

http://www.ianlawton.com/

http://www.ianlawton.com/alindex.html
Old 20-07-2019, 01:06 PM
Master

I find the intro on the site already very resonating. However I doubt whether I’m ready
Old 20-07-2019, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
A very well researched book on the afterlife just out for anyone so interested -

Afterlife: A Modern Guide to the Unseen Realms (Volume 3 of the Supersoul Series)
by Ian Lawton

http://www.ianlawton.com/

http://www.ianlawton.com/alindex.html

There are some very good ideas on that web site. I wouldn't consider them radically new but definitely worth reading.

EXCERPTS:

Implication If only we understood just how powerful we really are, and that we've only temporarily taken on the form of human actors in a grand play called 'earth reality', we might finally recognize that we're not limited and puny beings constantly buffeted by God's will, outrageous fortune and so on.

The Law of Attraction reigns supreme Experienced out-of-body explorers have come to realise that in higher planes their thoughts and emotions instantly translate into what they experience. The same principle underlies our earth reality. However here the constraints of space-time mean there's usually a time delay between thought and manifested result.

Everything is happening in the now. Time is only a form of illusion that allows us humans to make sense of our experience of this plane. But fundamentally, as so many wise spiritual traditions have indicated down the ages, past and future don't exist - there's only now. Another way of putting this is that time is a 'discrete series of now-moments'.
Old 20-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Master

It seems to be a second hand look at the subject. It relies on quotes, interpretations of others' first hand knowledge, and rationalizations.

The excerpts quoted in the above posting are a turn-off for me: superficial misunderstands and misinterpretations of the subjects.

Everybody should try to acquire first hand knowledge themselves by learning to get in altered states of consciousness, and adopting an attitude of unbiased mild curiosity and openness. I don't believe there is any value in reading that book.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-07-2019, 12:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
It seems to be a second hand look at the subject. It relies on quotes, interpretations of others' first hand knowledge, and rationalizations.

The excerpts quoted in the above posting are a turn-off for me: superficial misunderstands and misinterpretations of the subjects.

Everybody should try to acquire first hand knowledge themselves by learning to get in altered states of consciousness, and adopting an attitude of unbiased mild curiosity and openness. I don't believe there is any value in reading that book.

As I mentioned in my post on this subject, there is nothing radically new in the articles presented. However, they could serve as a springboard to further investigation by readers who are not familiar with those ideas.

I agree with you completely that there is no substitute for direct experiences and I too have no intention of reading the book for exactly the reasons which you gave.