Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 25-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I have a question -- I have a fear ( a palpable, whole body, physical one ) that first arose a few years ago. Since then, I frequently think of it, and it's visual - whole body, it freezes my body. I don't want to feel and remember it as I worry about that but I don't know how to move over it, get over it. I don't know whether it's a childhood thing or why it arose and since then arises and repeats in a visual and sensory way.

Or perhaps the next time this happens just relax and go into it. It sounds like something within you wants to come to the surface to be released. You may not want to feel and remember it, but resisting it will not make it go away.

So be present with whatever arises. If your body freezes then be present with that. Whatever visuals arise, be present with that. Whatever feelings or fears arise, welcome them and see where they lead. It may not be comfortable but they cannot hurt you. And you may find that something deep within is released and you feel freer and lighter as a result.

Peace
Old 25-08-2020, 11:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Hi Starman,

Thank you.

I have a question -- I have a fear ( a palpable, whole body, physical one ) that first arose a few years ago. Since then, I frequently think of it, and it's visual - whole body, it freezes my body. I don't want to feel and remember it as I worry about that but I don't know how to move over it, get over it. I don't know whether it's a childhood thing or why it arose and since then arises and repeats in a visual and sensory way.

Sighs.

Thanks,

JL
Maybe, try self-hypnosis:
https://www.google.com/search?q=elim...o me&ie=UTF-8
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-08-2020, 02:01 AM
Master

Sadhguru looks at the nature of fear and answers a question on how to overcome fear. He explains how fear arises because of excessive imagination. Instead of producing "horror movies" in our mind, produce a comedy, a love story or a suspense thriller, he says.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7hYf0yIK5w
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 26-08-2020, 02:37 AM
Master
it is really weird that actually my thoughts automatically, focus on negative thoughts. How can I redirect that only with medidation?

It's quite common for the mind to be preoccupied with negative thoughts during meditation as they have been going for so long and we just may not have noticed before.

It's rare, I think, for meditation alone to change these negative mind patterns. After I became to determined to get free I began to explore a variety of methods that took me further, step by step.

I don't know what will work best for you. People here have given some good suggestions. Two more you might look into are EFT and EMDR.

Old 26-08-2020, 03:44 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Hell-o my friend, it is important for us to face our fears. Since your fear is visual, it would be helpful to be with someone you trust while you face this particular fear. Imagine it, go into that image which frightens you and see what hold it has on you.

Fear is always about what is going to happen next; there are fears that are valid and fears that are baseless. From what little you have said, it sounds like your fear may be a conditioned response. Something that you have been conditioned to fear.

Pushing it away only gives it strength, it increases the power that it has over you. Uncovering this fear may tell you something deeper about your self. It may help you to get to know you better. What is the worst thing that can happen if you face this fear?

If this fear is very great then you may need to talk to a counselor and see them for a number of sessions. If it is a deep rooted fear facing it alone may put you in a catatonic state, or cause you to freeze up and become dysfunctional, that is why I say it is best to have someone you trust present when you are working on your fears.

There are lots of ways to deal with fears; art therapy works, drawing a picture of how you feel when the fear arises, is the fear sharp, etc., using colors and shapes that you think best represents your fear. Does this fear effect your breathing, do you have cold sweats, etc., any assessment must be comprehensive.

Behavior modification also works, especially desensitization techniques which are used to desensitize you to your fears and make them less fearful. Positive affirmations may work and also guided imagery that helps to let you know you are protected from what you fear.

Of course living in the moment also works, but hiding from your fears is like kicking the can down the road. Your fears will still be there and they will present themselves occasionally. This is all about the relationship that you have with your self; it is all about healing your self. Healing is a journey, there may be no instant fix.

I would suggest writing down what you fear and keeping a journal to start, if you see a counselor you can share what you have written with that person. Writing things down might also give you some insights into your fear from what you have written. The best way to get rid of this fear is to uncover it and face it; this will take time, it will also take the power this fear has over you away from it.

Peace and Good Journey

Thanks Starman, as always

It's a way of dying; it doesn't overwhelm per se, if I go with it. But I am certainly curious as to why this even arose. Thank you again, it helps immensely...thank you thank you thank you
Old 26-08-2020, 03:45 AM
janielee

Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Or perhaps the next time this happens just relax and go into it. It sounds like something within you wants to come to the surface to be released. You may not want to feel and remember it, but resisting it will not make it go away.

So be present with whatever arises. If your body freezes then be present with that. Whatever visuals arise, be present with that. Whatever feelings or fears arise, welcome them and see where they lead. It may not be comfortable but they cannot hurt you. And you may find that something deep within is released and you feel freer and lighter as a result.

Peace

Thank you, dearest One. As usual you are right also.

I am so grateful for all this friendship.

Old 26-08-2020, 03:45 AM
janielee

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan

Thank you so much, inavalan
Old 26-08-2020, 11:21 AM
1337_d00d

Currently I have had two things manifest within 48 hours after a single visualization.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:31 PM
Newbie ;)

Sadly, I haven't manifested what I wanted at the end of the month.