Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-10-2018, 01:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
you are playing piecemeal with the emotions... I can feel this which means I get to do this and this and this or I can feel that which means I get to do that and that and that or I can feel this other thing which means I get to do... hm which shall I choose to feel today? And by the way i will only choose to feel things that seem pleasant, from whatever my current point of view is. So don't bother me with anything else because everyone knows if it isn't pleasant it is worthless.

That kind of attitude is why people are said to live in the dark... because to the extent you avoid learning about a wide swatch of reality just in the name having things be pleasant (to whatever definition you've become accustomed to), you are very much keeping yourself in the dark.
I guess that a lot can be said for those, like myself, who intellectualise all emotions before I can feel anything, on any level....I can admit though, that not everyone can do this, but for an Aspie, it comes naturally...I can choose whether to feel or not to feel...unless, of course, my Lord gets directly involved in that...like He did this morning.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:14 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Also, because I cannot remember it, doesn't mean it did not happen...for example, my father is a pedophile who raped and abused me (and nine other children)... I pointed a loaded shotgun at him once, but didn't have the guts to pull the trigger...If I did, I could have saved a few other children the misery that I went through....I regret that decision as well...but now, he's gonna die in solitary confinement in Long Bay Jail...However, maybe last life, or another, I raped him as a child? who knows eh?
I am very sorry that such horrific act was done to you by your own father.
It must've been extremely hard to live with such scar .
But you survived that segment of your journey. And you seem to have risen above such trauma.
I see why forgiveness is important to you.
Considering all evidences against your so called 'dad', if I were you, I probably pulled the trigger and exercise all the angers.
After all, this physical incarnation is all about feeling all sensors and emotions and actions along with it.

We are not the the souls themselves. Our souls do not expect us to be them.
They don't need to be enlightened. They already know all secrets.
We connect to our souls by being human and not trying to be them.
Happy journey !
Old 06-10-2018, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
I am very sorry that such horrific act was done to you by your own father.
It must've been extremely hard to live with such scar .
But you survived that segment of your journey. And you seem to have risen above such trauma.
I see why forgiveness is important to you.
Considering all evidences against your so called 'dad', if I were you, I probably pulled the trigger and exercise all the angers.
After all, this physical incarnation is all about feeling all sensors and emotions and actions along with it.

We are not the the souls themselves. Our souls do not expect us to be them.
They don't need to be enlightened. They already know all secrets.
We connect to our souls by being human and not trying to be them.
Happy journey !
Thank you.

Total desensitisation, depersonalisation and derealization were the very first things to occur...and they have never returned. Over time, I thought to myself "I wonder if I could use all that constructively?" I could become a method actor...or I could become a spiritual person...I chose the latter...not much difference anyway.

I learned to cope...not by forgiveness, but through the total acceptance that he is an insane and crazy individual who probably/definitely had absolutely no control over what he was doing..but that still did not condone the action...Just made it easier to deal with.

Suffice to say, I have really been enjoying Dialectical behavior therapy and "Radical Acceptance therapy" lately....even if those things I am "radically accepting" tend to be creations of my own mind...and if I can change that, why accept it? Here is where "acceptance" meets "the law of attraction"...but I digress...
Old 06-10-2018, 03:37 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
I'll butt in here lol - I've thought sometimes it might be nice to smite those mine enemies, and I've had opportunity to think way out of the box on that too... personally though I think it would be a bigger lesson for me to NOT smite them and then have to live with all the people making rude noises because I didn't do the expected thing in response to meanness presented. I think there may be a beautiful gem hidden therein... and I'm into collecting them these days
I would not restrain from being human.
We are not our souls.
Our souls do not need to experience their essences through our human form.
We are their vehicles to experience all aspects of being human.
Therefore we can feel and act with our human nature.

Eye for an eye ?
No, no, not me
In any of my examples provided on one of my posts.
I 'll be...like. Eye, the entire face, all vital organs including male genital for the eye.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:52 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Thank you, brother..and I did not miss this...Just pacing myself here.

I shall relate a personal story, to you and to all.

It is impossible for a mortal being to comprehend the "mind of God" or even try...but through patterns caused by lived experience, one can get an inkling of it.

The only one who CAN say "an eye for an eye" IS God, because He acts out of retribution and not out of revenge. He is unbound by Karma, which "an eye for an eye" will just keep on perpetuating until, as Gandhi says, it will make the whole world blind.

Between the ages of 17-25 years old, I DID a lot of Sadhana...I became a Yoga teacher and studied at the Divine Life Society in Rishikesh...and the reason why I cannot advise you as to who you should accept as your Guru, is because I do not (or should not) let any personal bias creep into that... because what may be good for the goose may not be good for the gander...and this is why I do not reply to your PMs about it...but I digress.

I was destined to become a great Yogini..a great Sadhvik...to devote my life to the pursuit of God and Moksha...until I met another Yoga teacher and an Indian Sadhu from Fiji...who knew more about the Vedas and Upanishads than I did...It was a meeting of minds more than a meeting of hearts and souls...we got married anyway and I moved into my "householder phase" (grihasta varnashrama)...I had two children because I wanted to have children..but from then on, the responsibility towards them, overtook the responsibility towards my Sadhana..of course, but it soon became a case of "be careful what you wish for" because my children loathed and resented my husband and myself since early childhood...There was no love there either....even though I did try my best, but it just "wasn't meant to be" even though it appeared as IF it was...but it was all a huge lie.

Then, last birthday, my ex husband sent me a text wishing me a happy birthday and then whining that he hadn't seen either child in over ten years and they couldn't care less whether he was alive or dead...to which, I replied that it was the same story for me...but I just couldn't care less anymore, because that was two less "attachments" I did not have to worry about when my time eventually came.

If I had my life over, I would have definitely made different choices, knowing what I know now and I spent years resenting the choices I DID make, until God said "I only gave you what you wanted at the time and not what you needed...I had other plans for you, but you didn't want to listen..."

So, one can only live off the Karma associated with previous Sadhana...until that runs out and then one has to go "back to the drawing board" a little older and hopefully a little wiser.

Sorry for the late reply friend.The forum was showing me an error previously due to which I was unable to access this post of yours and as soon as the error was rectified I just saw your post now.

I agree with you.I do not remember which saint said it but I also read once that god's karmic law is not an eye against an eye blind revenge law but a law designed and maintained by a highly compassionate and intelligent being and I believe the same even when things might not appear to be such as viewed from the surface/superficially.

Please don't worry about not replying to my PMs and thank you for letting me know the reason here. Actually there was this girl claiming that she can talk to Mahavtar Babaji and I wanted to talk to you about that but if you do not want to talk about it then I understand,no problem at all friend.

My birthday was on 22nd of September(last month).I wanted to send you chocolates but obviously I can't purchase it from India and ship to Australia so I looked at the second option of buying chocolates from an Australian supplier and distributor but then I found out that buying chocolates and getting it distributed in Australian dollars will take a very significant portion of my Father's monthly income.So I was unable to send the chocolates to you now but I promise that as soon as I get a job and start earning on my own I will definitely send you a very large bag of chocolates.

Sorry about the problems you faced in your life and thanks a lot for trusting me and sharing your story with me.

Thanks for the lesson and feel free to talk to me about anything you want.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:42 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It (ego) might be an illusion - but good that it's there. Otherwise, without an identity we'd have nothing to distinguish ourselves from anyone or anything else.

There is a difference between ego (identification with personality) and Ego (individualised consciousness).

Identification with personality is a temporary state which one day we can let go of. Individualised consciousness remains, distinguishing us from everyone else, but without all the problems that come from believing that we are a particular personality.

As for turning the other cheek and being a doormat etc, another perspective is that it comes down to being empty. If we are empty then it doesn't matter if someone thinks we are a stupid idiot. If we are empty then we are unlikely to attract a cheek-smiter into our lives. And if such a person does turn up and smite our cheek, then nothing has really happened. So there is no need to respond with further cheek-smiting.

Peace.

Beautiful, as usual.

JL
Old 07-09-2020, 12:44 AM
janielee

Quote:
There is a difference between knowing and practicing...and those, like me who know but don't do much practical work are also due for a few more rides upon the Karmic merry Go round as well, until such times as they get serious and get their finger out and not just keep on riding on the coat tails of Grace, because the universe tends to get pi$$ed if you have been given a gift you are doing nothing with...and then, it's like every day is a curse and not a blessing... because you've already had blessings and chosen to ignore them or procrastinate with all that "spiritual stuff" and 'because I don't have to' is probably the best, albeit stupid excuse the human race has come up with so far...I just say that I am incredibly lazy...but unless I change that, nothing else will....EVER!

So now you know...You need to want Moksha like you want air or food.

Do you have an update, SD? Did you see this as true.

BTW I agree with your full post...

JL