Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 29-06-2023, 06:10 PM
Master

I think we are an energy aware being currently merged with and experiencing through a human body. From the moment we are born or merged into the physical body, other energy beings in human bodies treat us and themselves like they are the bodies and not the awareness attached to the bodies.

I think if an awareness, or consciousness, or soul, or whatever one calls themselves, fully realizes what they are and what they are not, they obtain a lot of control over their human body and it's experience. So the soul or consciousness becomes lord and master of the body as opposed to the norm of the body and it's mind leading the way.

I think defining what exactly a soul or consciousness actually "is" as far as a material I don't think one can say much more than it's a particular energy form that has an aspect of awareness. It's a self enclosed identity and point of perspective and experience.
Old 30-06-2023, 09:50 AM
Guide

When our consciousness merges into our body, our Brain takes over, before that we were just aware, hence duality and non duality.(My thought's anyway}.

I remember merging into my body, and just before (Believe it or not). ,so there is awareness before birth,and,I suppose,after death.Your awareness is housed in the pineal gland which is inbetween the 2 halves of your brain,IMO.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I remember merging into my body, and just before (Believe it or not). so there is awareness before birth, and, I suppose, after death.
How long before your birth did you merge into your body?
Old 05-07-2023, 05:16 PM
Pathfinder

I think if an awareness, or consciousness, or soul, or whatever one calls themselves, fully realizes what they are and what they are not, they obtain a lot of control over their human body and it's experience. So the soul or consciousness becomes lord and master of the body as opposed to the norm of the body and it's mind leading the way.

Beautifully put - thank you Maisy.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:19 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:

I remember merging into my body, and just before (Believe it or not). ,so there is awareness before birth,and,I suppose,after death.Your awareness is housed in the pineal gland which is inbetween the 2 halves of your brain,IMO.

My goodness me - amazing!!
Old 05-07-2023, 05:40 PM
Guide

Yep,and when your awareness is in contact with your Brain,you develop consciousness.(IMO).
Old 07-07-2023, 11:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
(IMO).

Good afternoon hazada guess

Hold on a minute, not (in muffins opinion)

What of Astral and out of body
Old 08-07-2023, 06:27 AM
Guide

Good point
I'm baffled if i know, but I'm sure there's an explanation somewhere.
Old 08-07-2023, 08:15 AM
Guide

Perhaps when you Astral project or have an OBE,your awareness is remembering thoughts and feelings from when it is in contact with the brain,I dunno,but what I remember feels like yesterday, I'm 61 now, a dream wouldn't stay with me for that long.
Maybe when you A/P or have an OBE,it feels out of this world as it's just your awreness remembering all it see's and when it returns to your body,your brain try's to put reason to it.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:18 AM
Newbie ;)

tamara asks:
Quote:
Given that our Essence (Consciousness) always stays the same and is not affected by anything e.g "our" emotions, feelings, thoughts etc, then how does it experience them, because to experience them it would have to feel them?

If Consciousness stays completely neutral all the time, then how is it experiencing everything that "we experience"?
——————————
Consciousness with a capital C, what is that? God by any other name would smell as sweet.

The problem, as Empedocles would have it, is anthropomorphism. The scythian god has red hair and an upturned nose; the ethiopian god has black skin and large lips. The god of cows would be a cow, of horses, a horse.

Consciousness phenomenologically must have objects of consciousness, it does not exist on its own. We know this also from non-duality, as consciousness, ie “the knower,” is not separate from the objects known.

Every sentient being, by definition, has consciousness. Every sentient being, like us, like amoebas and bacteria and fungi and plants and animals, all want the same things, cognize the same things. “The dream of every bacterium is to become two bacteria.” All want food and protection from predators. All want security and power over their environment. Their various consciousnesses are conceived in these terms and presented to each “knower”(sentient being) by a sensorium peculiar to each species.

The insight here is that our consciousness is a one eight billionth fraction of a very narrow bandwidth of the most basic biological perception.

My dog is just becoming an adult, nearly two years old, and has a better grip on actual reality than I ever will, being more highly evolved.
—————
Miss Hepburn wrote:
Quote:
BUT,*How the heck do*you*know?
Maybe I'm confusing Consciousness with the Higher Power, Infinite Knowledge, the Brilliant 'Something ' that is everywhere.
And if they are not the same thing ---what would separate them?
—————————————

Consciousness is of existence. Existence is not reality. Reality is beyond existence and nonexistence.

Consciousness is a drop of oil on the buddha’s foot.

"Dogs and philosophers do the greatest good and get the fewest rewards." ― Diogenes

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 08-07-2023 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences