Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 09-01-2023, 05:49 PM
Thumbs up Brilliant

Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
...everything is created of limitations to not provide my ultimate satisfaction.
The Intrinsic way HE uses to make us understand limitations and return back to him...
THIS is gold.
So simple, so basic...I know this and have said it diff ways...
this was the best.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-01-2023, 11:47 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Old 10-01-2023, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
... return back to him, ...
That return is desireless, right? Unconditional love. Beingness. Nothing everythingness. Uniqueness. All one one allness. Like that?
Old 10-01-2023, 03:35 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
That return is desireless, right? Unconditional love. Beingness. Nothing everythingness. Uniqueness. All one one allness. Like that?

Desireless- After returned.
Desire - Before return.
The Action of returning can happen only out of strong desire to be not bound and return. Desire/Longing for Truth.(which is called as Mumukshutva in Sanskrit). After returning, nothing to desire. This is my view.
I don't know how it looks after returned. Scriptures/Sages/Monks/Enlightened say so in different ways.
Old 11-01-2023, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Desireless- After...
... in different ways.
ok, thank you for sharing that. I think I understand what you mean.
Old 19-04-2023, 01:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
I like to consider myself as a practical Advaitist. So saying that duality does not actually exist is fine as a philosophical concept, but what is our daily experienced reality?
Duality does not exist when a person chooses non-duality. Duality only exists when non-duality is not chosen/duality is chosen.

When a person chooses non-duality, the idea/concept of duality becomes not important because duality is non-duality, non-duality is all and all is non-duality. The concept and opposites of duality and non-duality disappear from one's mind, because non-duality is all there is.
Old 19-04-2023, 03:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
Nonduality seems to be saying that our thoughts arise out of nowhere. That there is no thinker and no doer.

The brain is a super computer that does billions and billions of calculations a minute using a vast memory of everything we have heard and said and experienced and learned since the day we entered the body. I just saw a science program the other day where scientists who study such things said that they found the brain will make a hierarchy of potential or possible thoughts and use very advanced algorithms based on our habits and attention to determine which to present to consciousness or us. So I think thoughts are not arising out of nowhere. A very advanced biological computer is determining them based on it's very complex design code.

But while the brain is the maker of thought, conscious awareness or us, plays a large role in the process. We have the potential ability to ignore thoughts presented to us for example, or question their reality or truth. Doing these types of things lead to experiences in transcendence or liberation or even self-realization. Conscious awareness is like a center hub where all content is fed. We then as the only self aware entity in the body can either accept the thought content fed to us or we can discard it. Also, when we take our attention off of thought, the brain ceases to create it, so in a way we are telling the brain what interests us and the brain complies.

In the same way scientists have said neural receptor sites in the brain will actually specialize in certain chemical out and intakes based on those emotions we have the most. In other words, the in and out nodes will be neutral making feelings of happiness or anger for example. If we as a conscious entity pay attention to anger type thoughts and feelings the most, the brain will actually "rewire" itself to be better at producing anger. It follows our lead.
Old 19-04-2023, 04:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
there is no thinker and no doer.

I think the idea there is one of being on auto-pilot or "asleep at the wheel." Living habitually according to our conditioning or not. The interplay between the brain and body, consciousness, and awareness, and perception or experience.

Thinking is one thing. The attention focused in the mental world. But then one can also focus the attention elsewhere and not in the mental world, instead focusing on the senses or direct perception or experience. One can even be aware of thought itself in different positions of observance.
Old 19-04-2023, 04:08 AM
Master

Quote:
As long as we inhabit a physical body we are engaged with the world of form, the world of duality.

I think it's possible to not be engaged with it.

Quote:
And we have to deal with this as if it were real.

I think things we create and invent are very real to us. But then if every person disappeared off this planet a lot of them would cease to exist as humans sustained their existence through their beliefs. Like take the state of Hawaii for example. It is obviously a land mass in the ocean. But humans named that land Hawaii and agreed that is what it is. If every human disappeared, it would just be land again.
Old 19-04-2023, 07:05 AM
Master

#24 Love your comments Viswanath. I so agree with them.