Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-01-2023, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
At the risk ...
... Peace
Duality doesn't actually exist. It's like the idea of time. We all use it and trust in it. Some people would depend their life on it. But it's just an idea.

An eternal law, like law of attraction... Well, the original law of attraction. Not the marketing version ofcourse. But the eternal law of attraction cannot be anything other than nondual.

If it were dual, it would not be applicable. Can't have dual law in a nondual existence.

It's like someone writing a novel, and then saying that their pen is going up and down on the paper, so they wrote 0 and 1. And the book is about duality.

Even the most dualistic book, like a marketing version of LoA, in some kind of new age spiritual marketing gobbledeegook section of a book store, lol. It cannot hide the nondual essence that it contains. No matter how much resistance the author has. Nondual truth cannot be actually literally really be hidden. Because the encryption itself MUST contain the truth by virtue of Being Nondual, like all things are.

It's like saying, oh these walls around me, they cancel my existence. delete it.... No! They might even more precisely define it. lol

I hope that makes sense.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:34 PM
Master
Oh and the same thing goes for religion. All the duality contained within it, is like endless specks of dust. The dust itself must contain evidence of the original nondual knowledge/wisdom. Not that we can easily detect it, but if it is gone, then we are the original knowledge/wisdom. We become it. It may even live on as a potential within us.

But nothing can or has to occur twice. It's just the similarity of it that can express an evolved more expanded version. Because nonduality is absolute at the end of the day. So law of attraction is definitely nondual like everything else. Or it is suppose to be about nonduality. Just like people who think they are teaching about duality, are already unintentionally inevitably teaching nondual things. Because they cannot escape their own nondual being. Their infinite eternal unchanging uniquenness. Maybe through bad example.

Trillion of the greatest super computers of our planet cannot hide nonduality. Why would anyone on purpose try to teach a nondual ETERNAL LAW. And talk about duality on purpose?

Marketing. It's as simple as that. It is modern money beggary. You can't blame them. They still believe in time. We cannot even blame time, because it doesn't exist. That's a big one. That revelation. It proofs the innocence of even the most horrific thing of all. A worldly deception of worldly proportions. Completely innocent. Who knows whwt comes after it? What kind of purpose that has. Every new here and now moment, forever unique.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:20 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
I am wondering what is the relationship between nonduality and the law of attraction?

To me non-duality and the law of attraction go hand in hand.

This is one of my favorite teachers that I’ve recently discovered. His name is Robert A Russell and he was an Episcopal minister at the Church of the Epiphany in Denver Colorado. He built the church and expanded it as well as donated property for an assisted living facility named after him. He teaches law of attraction and non-duality / the Now. His books are free on YouTube. This is my favorite book thus far, all are good though.

“Getting Better Results From Spiritual Practice” Robert A Russell 1939

Starting at 11:10 regarding non duality/the Now
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qjyhFyUbM8k

“By persistent effort in meditation and Silence, he gradually drops his dual consciousness for the single or Christ consciousness of perfection and wholeness which knows no opposite to and no variableness from Its own changeless and eternal nature.”

“there is no past nor future, but only the eternal NOW. “All things are NOW ready,” and to dwell in this consciousness leaves nothing to be desired.”
Old 06-01-2023, 08:10 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexagon222
Starting at 11:10 regarding non duality/the Now
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qjyhFyUbM8kp
“there is no past nor future, but only the eternal NOW. “All things are NOW ready,” and to dwell in this consciousness leaves nothing to be desired.”
Thanks for your reply and link.

I have listened to the audio.

Very interesting.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 09-01-2023 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 06-01-2023, 05:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Duality doesn't actually exist. It's like the idea of time. We all use it and trust in it. Some people would depend their life on it. But it's just an idea.
I like to consider myself as a practical Advaitist. So saying that duality does not actually exist is fine as a philosophical concept, but what is our daily experienced reality?

Duality may not exist in an absolute state, but in our daily experience duality is present as a relative reality. As long as we inhabit a physical body we are engaged with the world of form, the world of duality. And we have to deal with this as if it were real. Even if we are fortunate enough to realise the non-dual Reality which pervades all duality, we still have to deal with everyday duality.

So when someone claims that duality does not exist, I sometimes wonder if this is their reality or is it just another intellectual concept? How does this play out in their everyday life? Do they go through the same ups and downs as everyone else, even while claiming that duality does not exist?

After all, if duality does not exist then all these discussions which take place in duality are pointless. So maybe it makes sense to acknowledge that there is a relative reality where duality is real, even if it is all unreal within the greater Reality.

Peace
Old 06-01-2023, 05:48 PM
Master
Yeah, everything is always already here and now. And you create your own reality because all is one and one is all (nondual). So inevitably, if you focus on enjoyment, all things become enjoyable. That's the law of attraction. And the nondual essence is what governs it. But law of attraction is about that governance, which is nondual. The foundation.
Old 09-01-2023, 05:59 AM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
After all, if duality does not exist then all these discussions which take place in duality are pointless. So maybe it makes sense to acknowledge that there is a relative reality where duality is real, even if it is all unreal within the greater Reality.
Duality is pointless. That's it. No need to acknowledge and make sense of it.

Worthy for thought to live, so makes sense to make it sense. But Unworthy, as it is truly has no meaning to speak about it's Existence and every sensual experience, when one is inclined only to Truth and not to Falsities.

If one wants Falsities and all tremendous immense beauties to experience, there is a necessity to make it sense.
Not for a Peaceful Unaffected One.
Old 09-01-2023, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
Duality is pointless. That's it. No need to acknowledge and make sense of it.
So all of creation is pointless? Did God create something for no reason, are you saying?

Also, everyone, a reminder ---ya can't just say things as fact like this...you can if you say ''imo or I believe that''.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-01-2023, 02:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
Duality is ......
.... Peaceful Unaffected One.
I really like your perspective!
Totally agree.
Old 09-01-2023, 04:05 PM
O K Viswanath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
So all of creation is pointless? Did God create something for no reason, are you saying?
Nope. It has two points. To provide whatever we want. As in Hinduism said "Tathasthu" (We:- God, we want these. God:- So be it.)

But, the second point is, everything is created of limitations to not provide my ultimate satisfaction.
The Intrinsic way HE uses to make us understand limitations and return back to him, as every Theistic Religion says.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
I really like your perspective!
Totally agree.