Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 23-10-2023, 10:58 PM
Master
One of best nonduality description, old text, I found

Ofcourse there are some older ones from india perhaps. Those are good aswell.

I found a description of nonduality or the absolute, in a very small and short chapter of the Quran. I translated it and commented on it, based on my own interpretation. And I find that even tho it is a very old text, it describes the absolute/nonduality very well. In just 4 sentences. I'll also interpret the consequences of this interpretation.

My translation:
Chapter 112: Sincerety/Purity. Sentences 1 to 4.
112:1
Say, o prophet, This is Existence, One and Indivisble.
(no likeness, no unlikeness, no self, no other, nondual, and whole.)
112:2
Existence, The sustainer, needed by all.
(everything depends on Existence, while Existence depends on nothing).
112:3
This has never had offspring, nor was This born.
(Existence is eternal and unchanging and absolute)
112:4
And there is none comparable to This.
(Non existence doesn't exist, and therefor Existence is the only thing that has no opposite/likeness/unlikeness, Existence is absolute in It's uniqueness.)

The consequences for this interpretation is that Freedom and Individuality/Consciousness doesn't exist. Not talking about a reduction of freedom, but that there is absolutely no freedom and no self, because existence cannot be divided.

And so we experience division. But the consequences of this absolute truth, the division, consciousness/individuality is an illusion. Or a wrong interpretation of the absolute truth.
Also, there is no change. So all change we perceive is due to the ABSOLUTE Oneness being Forever Unique. You may say, alone. But it can also be said, all one. And since there is nothing else for it to change into. It must mean that all change is actually the uniqueness of Existence itself.

It is simply being Unique forevermore. Not via freewill. So that means that all choices are not made by the individual. And the individual doesn't exists. Even tho it appears to be, that appearance has to then be an illusion.

And so everything is constantly being Unique, without ever changing into anything. But this uniqueness is also absolute. Meaning, it is impossible for you to experience anything that is in likeness to itself. It appears, illusionarily, to be a similarity, but in truth is absolutely always and infinitely and eternally Unique. Now unique. now unique. Which also means, there is only One moment in all of existence. And time is thus also an appearance or illusion.

And also, there is no individuality, because there is no division. So no self and no consciousness. And thus also no choice or free will. These things being an illusion.

Now, that doesn't mean your experience has to change. Remember, this is an absolute truth. It is truth wether we experience it or not. It doesn't depend on anything. Rather everything depends on Existence in order to exist. So your perspective exists because existence exists, but existence doesn't depend on your or my perspective.

So a whole lot of conscequences from just 4 lines of text. No self. No consciousness. No freedom. No change.

Without changing our perspective. Our perspective is part of it also. But our perspective is just an appearance within the absolute Existence. It can appear to exist and after its gone, it reveals that it has actually never existed. Its not something that stops existing, but much like a mirrage in a desert, it reveals to have never existed. (our perspective).

I say this, because often people think they have to believe in the absolute truth and then they find themselves in a dilema, because it contradicts their own perspective. There is absolutely no such necessity to change any perspective. The Absolute Truth doesn't crumble if you don't believe in it. In the same way, that your existence doesn't affect existence itself in any way.

But if you are constantly changing and cannot find your self, then the absolute self can be said to be Existence, therefor, all change is an appearance/illusion/mirrage, where as in absolute truth, nothing changes, because there is only one thing. One existence. And it is being Unique, without ever changing/becoming Unique.

Meaning this moment is just as unique as the moment a billion years ago, and its thus the same moment, and time thus also being an illusion, as there exists only one moment. And it is forever BEING Unique. Without becoming. Here and now. There is literally nothing else. Just this.

With lots of changes appearing, being constantly new, where as in actuality, it is not new. Either it can be said as absolute boundless newness/oldness. But that wont hold. Because it is simply one moment for all eternity, being Unique. Meaning, this moment never came into being. It doesnt come from a past and goes to the future. It is literally just ONE MOMENT AND ONE PLACE. Here and now. One thing. Existence. Simply being absolutely unique. As there is nothing else for it to compare to. So it's infinitely and eternally Unique.

I know a similar nondual text from india, but I cant bring it up in my mind. Something shiva or something. Also talking about existence, I was never born and I will never die. A short quote similar to that I think. Very interesting that humanity has been interested in nonduality for such a long time. Probably even longer than our history books can go.

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 24-10-2023 at 01:19 AM.
Old 23-10-2023, 11:10 PM
Master
oh I found the Avadhuta Gita text. This is a very good one also.

I have no birth, no death, and no duties;
I've never done anything, either good or bad.
I'm purely Brahman, beyond all qualities;
How could either bondage or liberation exist for me?

-Avadhuta Gita

Fits perfectly with all that I said here aswell.
Old 28-10-2023, 05:36 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
(Non existence doesn't exist, and therefor Existence is the only thing that has no opposite/likeness/unlikeness, Existence is absolute in It's uniqueness.)

go.
Ewwerrin,

Thank you…..I don’t know if I can find a more concise way of providing insight and understanding of I AM THAT I AM…….this is thanks to your interpretation…..:)
Old 28-10-2023, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Ewwerrin,

Thank you…..I don’t know if I can find a more concise way of providing insight and understanding of I AM THAT I AM…….this is thanks to your interpretation…..:)
Thank you.
I could be more accurate by saying "Unconditional Existence" instead of just "Existence".
Because the absolute has zero qualities or conditions.
Old 24-11-2023, 11:43 AM
Master
I didn't know the word existence is so often used to mean the complete opposite of what I mean by it. So I might aswell correct/clarify it.

My translation:
Chapter 112: Sincerety/Purity. Sentences 1 to 4.
112:1
Say, o prophet, This is Unconditional Existence, One and Indivisble.
(no likeness, no unlikeness, no self, no other, nondual, and whole.)
112:2
Unconditional Existence, The Sustainer, needed by all.
(everything depends on Unconditional Existence, while Unconditional Existence depends on nothing).
112:3
This has never had offspring, nor was This born.
(Unconditional Existence is eternal, infinite, unchanging and absolute)
(Non existence doesn't exist, and therefor Unconditional Existence is the only thing that has no opposite/likeness/unlikeness, it is the only One Thing that is non polarised. Unconditional Existence is absolute in It's uniqueness. And it is the Absolute.)