Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-04-2024, 06:43 PM
Master

Earth Day

Today is Earth Day, Earth Day started back in 1970 when people who were called “ecologist” bought attention to how human beings are polluting our planet. So much has happened over the past 54-years since the first Earth Day, but one thing is evident, we have had, and are currently undergoing, a major global climate change.

There are people who do not believe in climate change or global warming, some say it is a natural process and not man-made. It may be a natural process but in my opinion humanity has put that process in high gear. Today there are more than one million species, mostly insects, that are in danger from global warming. Insects that human beings depend on whether they know it or not.

People say we have to save the Earth but I believe it is the human species which needs saving. With rapid and extreme climate change the human race is in danger of extinction, not the earth. We pollute our oceans, our air, and land, all for our own comforts. The planet will survive and violently react to this pollution but the human race may not survive.

I feel like one of the major issues which is not being addressed is human overpopulation. In my life-time the human population of this planet has doubled. Brazil has cut down a portion of the Amazon rainforest to build houses for an increased human population, and also to have more farmland to feed that increased population. The more people there are the larger the carbon footprint.

This is all just my opinion, so what do you think of global warming and climate change as it relates to the human species. I know some will feel it does not matter, others may think it’s a money maker for those selling solar panels and electric cars; we are each entitled to our opinion.
Old 23-04-2024, 12:02 AM
Master
I think the global change filters through the whole and change is inevitable through all streams as we are seeing. The earth itself won’t crash beyond repair but as humans, we will either, have to move with change as natures reactions play out, or fall into and with the mess and chaos. Where we each reside within the whole as humans, is where we are within the streams within ourselves.

My read and dreamer a while back pre Covid and after showed that some of us were landing on greener pastures while the war outside prevailed. I think it’s imperative to focus on yourself as ‘the whole’ and do what you need to continue to flow with and care for yourself and the world closest to you. Tend to the earth and your own grounding as you can, in the ways of ‘nature’.

Life is balance and we are balance so when we tilt too far, natures balance erupts in our faces one way or another.

I am always aware that through these major shifts, new creations are also being forged one with the destruction.

I’ve listened to a few reads from various ‘noted’ readers who share insights that say places where major wars exist will eventually be major food provisions for the world. Unfortunately when chaos reigns supreme, we can lose sight of what new beginnings will be. But new they will be. New ideas, new ways to support the changes, new people to lead and create a more unified world.
Old 23-04-2024, 03:42 AM
Master
Earth Day is something I used to resonate with but not any more.

I used to be into organic gardening..... during a time period nobody else seemed to be.

I had a giant Asparagus bed that provided Asparagus from May to November. It didn't seemed anybody was interested on how I could have such yields.

I dug a pond, by hand, which I used to water my plants. I was able to get the water out of the pond, via garden hose, without using electricity. Nobody was interested in how I did that.

I built an addition to the house in which I used passive, thermal heating in the floors. That too, must have been boring because nobody was interested in that.

.... and the list went on and on.

But then, didn't the older civilization do similar things?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-04-2024, 04:43 AM
Master

I just do not believe that human beings were meant to be on this plant, as a species, forever. Just about every major religion, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, etc., talks about end times or the coming of a messianic character. Those assertions for me are possible and I do not know if extreme climate change has anything to do with that.

The dinosaurs were here and they were destroyed by an Earth calamity, and there are lots of past human civilizations which have also been destroyed, the Aztecs, Mayans, etc. and while these were by human conquest, places like the city of Pompeii was buried by volcanic ash killing about 16,000 people.

Given the advancement of nuclear weapons and the wars which ravage our world, coupled with global climate change, floods, wildfires, etc. calamity for the human race seems all but certain. Yes, all we can do is take care of our own self and try to live taking care of the Earth. No worries, what is going to happen is going to happen; all we can truly be certain of is the moment. I grow six different vegetables and have a pear tree in my backyard. It sure saves on my grocery bill.
Old 23-04-2024, 09:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
No worries, what is going to happen is going to happen; all we can truly be certain of is the moment. I grow six different vegetables and have a pear tree in my backyard. It sure saves on my grocery bill.

I used to save my own seeds. For example, saving Cabbage seeds.

I even grew from seed my own Huckleberries so I could have a Huckleberry pie.

Making Rose Hip Syrup was a delight from my own Roses. Making Sauerkraut from my own Cabbage and Hard Cider and Vinegar from my own pressed Apples was very easy to do.

Today, it seems that nobody is interested in doing any of that.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 23-04-2024, 09:52 AM
Master

I’ve never heard of Earth Day. Sounds like a good thing tho.

Your right Starman nothing is forever and that probably is a good thing.

I’ve had a great life and gotten everything out of it that I could, so if it ended tomorrow I wouldn’t be too upset (I just see it as another great adventure)LOL

The world could do with a “reset” in my opinion because we seem to be going from bad to worse but maybe if we could look at the big picture ie from another perspective it might not be the case. We just don’t know.

As I’ve said before, there are a lot of people doing some amazing things on this planet but they are just not portrayed in the media. Maybe there is more good than bad going on out there but we just don’t know about it. Now wouldn’t that be something hey!

I feel the best thing we can do is raise our own vibrations which in turn will affect other people and help to raise theirs, and hopefully produce a “domino effect”, then some incredible things could happen in this world.

Personally I don’t let the “what ifs” and the doom and gloom of this world affect me and there’s no point in becoming fearful about something that might not even happen. That’s how Government control you……..create enough fear and people will do as theyre told, so to speak. Don’t buy into the fear. Imo

I just don’t believe we will have a nuclear war either. I mean, you just got to say to yourself…….why would a country send out a nuclear bomb to another country KNOWING that, that country will be sending one back to them within seconds.

So they are in fact, obliterating themselves in the process.

Nah just can’t see that happening myself.

Just my thoughts tho.
Old 23-04-2024, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I just don’t believe we will have a nuclear war either. I mean, you just got to say to yourself…….why would a country send out a nuclear bomb to another country KNOWING that, that country will be sending one back to them within seconds.

War Games might be one scenario that might cause nuclear war. It is hard for a nation to tell if a war game is being played out near their border or is a war game disguised as a real invasion.

For example, on March 22, 2024 a terrorist attack occurred in the suburb's of of one country's capital. Shortly afterwards, two nuclear capable stealth B-1B bombers were intercepted by a MIG-31 (fastest operational combat plane in the World) over the Barents Sea heading toward the capital of the country that just had experienced a terrorist attack. . The same scenario occurred 3 days later.

Old 28-04-2024, 06:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman

There are people who do not believe in climate change or global warming, some say it is a natural process and not man-made. It may be a natural process but in my opinion humanity has put that process in high gear.

I think living as pure and as clean as we can only create a purer energy so to speak that encompasses all life on this planet.

Climate change is as natural as all processes are. If peeps look deeper into our history then they will see changes in the climate that occurred long before fossil fuels were being used and pollutants running amok.

There are a lot of good videos floating about nowadays where senators are grilling these so called climate change experts. Especially a senator called John Kennedy I believe.

You see from what I have seen these experts don't really have any real facts and nothing much stacks up.
There was a good clip of a farmer explaining the process of Co2 being absorbed within the grass for the cows to eat, then create methane gas through their waste.
He explains after a natural cycle the methane gas (which is being blamed for the temperature rising) is then broken down back into Co2 which then is absorbed within the grass.

Now you see when Governments want to stop cattle farming and want to tax farmers so they can no longer afford to farm and produce food then one has to ask questions.

Like said there is so much good information out there that debunks a lot of what we are told.

x daz x
Old 29-04-2024, 06:52 AM
Master

GodLike…..”Like said there is so much good information out there that debunks a lot of what we are told”

Yes I have found that to be very true. In fact I have found that main stream news is full of more lies than truth imo
Old 29-04-2024, 07:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Now you see when Governments want to stop cattle farming and want to tax farmers so they can no longer afford to farm and produce food then one has to ask questions.

Like said there is so much good information out there that debunks a lot of what we are told.

That's because there are too many cows, whom require space (to grow their food) as well. Most of the deforestation in the Amazon happens so crops can be grown to feed cows in Brazil, Europe and now increasingly China. In my (already) overpopulated country there is an even greater overpopulation of cows, chickens, and pigs. A huge part of the country is designed to feed those animals and even that isn't enough by itself, we still import soy beans from Brazil, most of which is used as power protein to fatten livestock.

I would suggest not to believe alternative 'news' on these matters, they are anti-government as a start and pawns of big agri interests. There is a backlash across the continent and these interests are gaining political power. Something similar happened with alternative 'news' surrounding fossil fuels.

These interests couldn't be further removed from the purpose and sentiment of Earth Day.