Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 06-09-2020, 01:27 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexagon222

Any chance you could elaborate on this?

Good afternoon Hexagon222

Puts hand up

Don't no if one can

Why put limits on a infant, when there are none
Old 06-09-2020, 08:05 AM
Knower

Hi, Muffin :)

I like how you phrased that!

I can express most of my experiences in great detail. Think I wrote a few pages the day I had my first taste of what "IS" is. What Mawal is saying is that "IS" is limited to being only a feeling, a felt sense. I haven't found that true for myself. Personally I don't think there is a limit to how deep you can experience the one/IS. You can be completely engulfed in it, merged with it to where its not just a felt sense but actual being the one, the "IS". There's probably more after that no doubt. I've thought I reached the top of the mountain several times only to realize I was wrong again and again. Teachers will tell you there is higher and show you how to get there.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:25 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Hi, Muffin :)

I like how you phrased that!

I can express most of my experiences in great detail. Think I wrote a few pages the day I had my first taste of what "IS" is. What Mawal is saying is that "IS" is limited to being only a feeling, a felt sense. I haven't found that true for myself. Personally I don't think there is a limit to how deep you can experience the one/IS. You can be completely engulfed in it, merged with it to where its not just a felt sense but actual being the one, the "IS". There's probably more after that no doubt. I've thought I reached the top of the mountain several times only to realize I was wrong again and again. Teachers will tell you there is higher and show you how to get there.

Hi Hexagon222

I'm not one for great detail, leave that for others

Simply reading the exchange between you and Mawal

And I would have to agree to what you are both sayings
Old 06-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Yes the ineffable as others are saying here. So whats your formula so to speak, how did you come to know what you know and what should one do, what steps to take? And are there no teachers you can relate to that may have had the same experience as you?

"Because it is in, and by, the Being of one self that the world is, and isn't. Hence it's here the known limit of what IS makes its absolute appearance."

Any chance you could elaborate on this?
Yes sure. Actually I've written about this. I just recently posted a link to one text in "General Belifs" section, and it is called; Misconceptions about enlightenment and enlightened people. The text is far to long to put here. But I can tell you that I come to appreciate that the only possible way we can have any knowledge about anything whatsoever is through our consciousness. Really obvious of course, but here lies the simplest "truth" there ever will be: you Are and everything else (whatever can be thought/imagined of) is depending on this matter. So the real target should be that which is your own self.

I did this kind of u-turn of consciousness when I was around 6 years old. Back then I had no other concern than the question; why I was this I? With deep curiousity the question got so "alive" that nothing else did matter. And right from nowwhere it all made sence. Then now, 50 years later I have seen so many teachings and teachers and so on that I have some sort of "feeling" for which ones that I can validate beeing on par with my experiencing. That is the only thing I can do.

The most natural is our Being, from which everything springs, but it is also the most enigmatic there is. The wonder and awe of Being holds the most curious there is. Focus the most sincere curiousity on your own self. Nothing more is really needed.

Last edited by Mawal : 06-09-2020 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-09-2020, 02:45 AM
Knower

Read your text. I enjoyed reading your perspectives and you made some good points! Husserl and Fink sounds interesting. I liked this "What is left is just consciousness “meeting” consciousness." I'll have to read your other texts as well when I get a chance. That's a great story about what happened to you at 6 years old.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:49 AM
Seeker

Thank you for the kind words Hexagon222!
Great to have your feedback :-)
I'm glad that you found Husserl&Fink interesting. Their joint work meant a lot to me personally. I canĀ“t praise it enough.

My other papers are much smaller in the count of pages, so they are a much easier read.
Thanks again Hexagon222!
Old 13-09-2020, 05:29 AM
Knower

Thank you as well for introducing me to new things! I got pretty excited reading about phenomenological reduction today. If I'm reading it right and understanding it, this is something I've done and do. I'm reading up on Alfred Lord Tennyson's Mystical Experiences you wrote about as well, good stuff!.*

As far as teachers go in general...

I just watched an AwakenWithJP youtube vid called "How Spiritual People Make Money" that gave me some laughs and got me thinking about what you said regarding the "paying for enlightenment". I agree there are a lot of frauds trying to scam people out of money. My opinion, you shouldn't have to pay people for spiritual knowledge, the info should be free to everybody. For instance If someone is teaching about law of attraction they should be able to back up what they're saying by gaining wealth in other ways and not by teaching. If I remember correctly Neville Goddard, who taught that we create our reality (LOA), gave free lectures and taught for free. You don't have to pay for any of it. Lots of free stuff on youtube, websites with free books that are in the public domain. Lots of good stuff from people on these forums too. I've found that if you ask the Divine for help, help comes. You may be guided towards a book, a situation, teacher or someone will randomly present you with something or say something that is what you needed to see and or hear. It might also be a good idea to never idolize a teacher, just take what works for you and discard the rest without attachment to the teacher or even the teaching. Just my opinions. *

Here's something From your text on Tennyson:

Alfred Lord Tennyson:
"individuality itself seemed to dissolve and fade away into boundless being, and this not a confused state but the clearest, the surest of the surest, utterly beyond words — where death was an almost laughable impossibility — the loss of personality"

What Tennyson wrote here I can 100% relate to and is something I've experienced myself. Think I've written about it on here. Never having read anything from Tennyson I can relate to his experience and that drives me to further investigate his writings. This is how I find teachers that may point to something I don't know or offer advice on how to overcome something with which I'm struggling.
Old 13-09-2020, 11:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
What would seekers want to encounter in the spiritual supermarket that would be helpful? Like any product one would hope to have a clear description of what is on offer, and perhaps some reviews and recomendations by customers/guru's ect:)

Yes and after some resonance, what does it means now that the feeling of disconnection has ended? For example does it mean that it is Oneness manifest as all the abuse in the world that is disliked so much? If 'I' am Oneness manifest, am 'I' the abuser? How do seekers reconcile such questions?

No doubt some explore such questions with different teachers, speakers, writers, perhaps on forums like this, until all is included as Oneness manifest (suffering just regarded as a mystery) and the resonance is consolidated, or perhaps such questions are not satisfied and the search continues.

The search has changed so much over the decades since I was searching. Back then, in the 1970’s, there was no “spiritual supermarket,” it was more like a religious supermarket, and Christianity dominated American culture much more than it does today. A number of cults were springing up, some with deadly consequences, Jonestown massacre, etc. No internet back then and you mainly heard of gurus, etc., by word of mouth through friends, etc.

I think what helped me a great deal was that I did not know what I was looking for and I had no expectations. Today seekers may have all sorts of expectations. I was not even conscious that I was searching, except there was a longing that I was trying to fulfill. The first time I experienced quiet meditation it had a very strong feeling of “home” like I had never experienced before. Even before I learned how to meditate I was being guided by intuition.

Humility is definitely one of the prime ingredients, for any prospective teacher as well as for myself in my un-seeking search. Back then a committed disciple was required, although some people did jump around from one teacher or practice to another. I stayed with one particular teacher for more than a decade.

The basic concept of commitment was that through a consistent disciple, sticking to one particular practice, you were planting a seed within yourself and then nurturing the growth of that seed. Which might not occur if one did not put in time and consistency with one particular practice.

In other words I had some results fairly quickly but I understood that I was building a foundation within myself and not just looking for a wow moment. In Qabbalah it is called “building the inner temple.” I have now been doing quiet meditation for more than 40-years and I just can not describe all that I have gained along the way.

Yes, I have experienced a continual oneness with life, and unshakable confidence, a verification and trust in life beyond this physical world, A trust in myself and my experiences that go beyond logic and reasoning. A sensitivity that I did not have before, and I depend much more on intuition and my intuition has become very strong. There is a lot of love and sweetness, and even bliss. I am grateful for my journey even though at times it involved suffering, although I have had a lot more bliss, especially lately, then suffering..

While I have stopped searching my experience from what I found within me decades ago continues to grow. I have and incredible relationship with my deeper being and it is there for me, protects me, and guides me through everyday life. For me there is a lot more than what I have shared here. Please understand I am only talking about myself and not what others have, or should, experience. I have little to no knowledge of that. Each person’s seeking is as a unique a journey as they are.
Old 14-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Seeker

Quote:
I got pretty excited reading about phenomenological reduction today. If I'm reading it right and understanding it, this is something I've done and do. I'm reading up on Alfred Lord Tennyson's Mystical Experiences you wrote about as well, good stuff!

I am very glad to hear that you found interest in both the phenomenological reduction and Tennyson :-) Both of them have for a long time been my cornerstones in validation of my own history of experience

And as you say, all information regarding so called "spiritual guidance" should be for free. I think the point is completely missing when charging a fee for giving advice/opinions or whatever regarding these matters.

Thanks Hexagon222!
Old 15-09-2020, 09:30 AM
Experiencer

Interesting topic and dialogue.

I wouldn't call myself awakened woke asleep or otherwise
I know very little

But one thing I do know, for myself, and I'm not sure where this fits in in the scheme of things, is that I'm... okay don't laugh, this will sound crazy.
I've come to the conclusion that there is only ONE soul (not sure what you call it), so in essence, if I was raised by your family I too would be identical to you. I am no different to the man down the road, the woman across the street, or another person halfway around the world. When I see someone from a different background (ethnicity, gender, caste, profession, etc), I see me, just with different parents. Which creates empathy for everyone and connectedness to everyone. Even abusers, narcissists, or whatever.

Its difficult to explain something I feel yet know very little of.