Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-02-2024, 05:01 PM
Newbie ;)

A growing young soul

Looking back i realize now that i was an under developed soul taking on a challenge in this life.
before i became aware of spirit i was quick to be blame others, easy to upset and found life unfair. i drank too much and took drugs on nights out where i felt empty and hopeless.
it all changed when i convinced myself that love was a lie. i was at my lowest.
At that point i heard a voice say 'i love you' and was filled with a feeling of loveliness i cant describe. so started my spiritual path... and my schizophrenia.
I've found hearing various voices and feeling various forces has molded me in the last 10 years to an unrecognizable state of health and wellness.
I was curious to hear other peoples introduction into spirit and any stories you may have on spiritual challenges overcome
Old 22-02-2024, 06:25 PM
Great story. Say, is a person that hears voices that help - does that mean they are schizophrenic? Anyone chime in.
Maybe they just are able to hear their Guides?
It's when the voices are scary, paranoid, etc - that I get concerned ...my aunt and a dear friend ...both ok now.

PS - You could have been a highly developed soul - that chose to be easily upset and drink, etc for reasons!
After all, this life is HARD sometimes.
And look where it brought you ---to Spiritual things. Yay!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-02-2024, 06:31 PM
Master

@Miss H,

I am hearing helpful voices and it is not considered mental illness. It is seen as spiritual. Many people do not understand that and they judge based on ignorance and often also apathy of normal spiritual development.

(It took years but the right people came into my life who understand this now)

Kind regards,

CW
Old 22-02-2024, 07:30 PM
@CW - I know, professionals and others think we are nuts.
I turn it around and say to them, "Well, I could tell you
what I think... that you do not hear these voices. So there."
I have guidance come to me when I need it - in complete sentences...
Could be as simple as, ''Turn Left''..even when the directions say, 'Right'! And I'm a bit lost.
But way more than that simple stuff.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-02-2024, 08:03 PM
Newbie ;)

thanks for the positivity :) i've had my fair share of bad experiences tho, mainly when im being overwhelmed by my senses or in times of low mood something comes through that i don't like. All these things can be seen though a different lense with experience. I do fully feel the common ones that come through are my guide and soul group now. i actively send love or sit and listen to those that seem upset during my meditations. it helps a lot and actively changes the content that comes through
Old 22-02-2024, 08:10 PM
Administrator
For myself I was Born Hearing and seeing spirit, I thought everyone could do it
until I realised that they couldn't

Namaste
Old 22-02-2024, 08:19 PM
Master

Important to learn differentiate what you sense (this is the toughest and can take a long journey)... Is it energies, spirits, beings, animals.... There is so much to pick up on so whay is it you are hearing... For me I hear beings on a layer of reality that people rarely pick up on. It is comscious beings but its also not the type of regular spirits. In a way they are incarnated, but without a body like us... You most certainly dont sense what I do, as that layer seldom appears to anyone. But everyone has their own type of senses... And their frequency range.
Old 23-02-2024, 01:54 AM
Master
@ Healing presence ~ hello and welcome to SF.

I’d go with what Miss Hepburn has said. We can investigate directly into Ramana’s inquiry: ‘who am I’, whereupon recognition dawns that our true being is an ineffable living energy or awareness, which we may call soul or Self (until we see it directly for what it is).

From a realm of light, we descend into darkness, from peace to angst, from completeness to limitation, from immortality to decay & death, that we may grow in love, wisdom and power, embodying here, the fullness of our true luminescence.

You are blessed that you heard the voice of God saying that He loves you. You are His child and at that point you needed His touch, His reassurance. As you say, it shifted your way of life from the external to the internal. Now all that is, is to flow in the current with childlike trust, strengthening your auric* (*magnetic) field with God’s light that lights all lights, simply by becoming It.
Old 23-02-2024, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healing presence
I've found hearing various voices and feeling various forces has molded me in the last 10 years to an unrecognizable state of health and wellness.
I was curious to hear other peoples introduction into spirit and any stories you may have on spiritual challenges overcome

What a turnaround you have taken. That’s wonderful.

Building deep grounded trust in myself has been my biggest hurdle over many processors, but it’s been the greatest catalyst to listen to myself. Listen and trust in my inner processors. The other learning was to understand and know there is always more, to life, to opening up, expanding and understanding myself and all life around me.
Old 23-02-2024, 04:09 AM
Master
Mental illness is determined by the culture and society where we live, their institutions on mental illness, and the labels they may use to define mental illness. Spiritual experiences, especially hearing voices or seeing apparitions, are often defined in many societies as mental illness. But labels like schizophrenia, autism, and a number of other labels which society/mainstream mental health people may use, are used to get people to conform to socially acceptable ways of being.

For this reason I am careful who I will share my deeper spiritual experiences with; because common people, family and friends, may also use mental illness labels to describe harmless spiritual experiences. When I first started I told my mental health therapist about a spiritual experience I was having and he laughed at me, and told me he was going to put me on some medication, which I rejected, as my experience was harmless, in fact it was beautiful, and medication would have probably suppressed it.

In spirituality hearing voices is called clairaudience; in my opinion the issue is not hearing voices rather the issue is how we respond to those voices. Physical youth in my opinion, is a time of training, inside and out; outside we learn how to crawl, walk, and run, we do something similar on the inside as well. We can go from an unconscious spiritual practice to a conscious spiritual practice. In my practice I have experienced clairaudience and clairvoyance. I do not consider them to be mental health issues.