Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-02-2023, 04:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyce
But if one re-phrased the question to become "How DID death (of someone else) change your perspective on life?" you would have a thread where 'real life' personal examples could be given.
This alternative question is certainly of value, as the death of someone else can always be a learning experience for those left behind.

But this section is called Death & The Afterlife. Which suggests it is a place to explore the possibilities of what awaits all of us. And there may be many different answers as most of us do not know for sure what lies on the other side of the veil.

But since this is a journey we must all make sooner or later then it is useful to have some idea about what we might expect to find.

Peace
Old 09-02-2023, 05:17 PM
Experiencer

As the thread title's verb is written in present tense, and afterlife (category heading) relates to our future state,
we can't say how death changes (present tense) our perspective unless it's in connection with the death of someone else.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:43 PM
Experiencer

"Thus the recent word "God" is written with a missing letter so as not to offend Him/Her"

I don't know what to say.
Old 09-02-2023, 06:10 PM
Master

Quote:
As the thread title's verb is written in present tense, and afterlife (category heading) relates to our future state, we can't say how death changes (present tense) our perspective unless it's in connection with the death of someone else.
This seems to be just semantics.

I interpreted the question as asking how does the death of our physical body change our perspective on the physical life just ended and what might be our new perspective in our new post-death environment.

But it is all speculation.

Peace
Old 09-02-2023, 06:43 PM
Experiencer

just semantics? Expressing clearly what I mean is important to me and my preference is for simple clarity.
Old 09-02-2023, 07:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
You could try to think about death the same way you "don't think much" about the inevitability of going to sleep every night. It is a necessary and welcome break until tomorrow's new day.

Better focus on your current life! Find out why you are here alive, now, as you are, what you're here to do, and do it! By the way, there's no room for blaming others.

Good luck!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 09-02-2023, 07:26 PM
Master

Quote:
just semantics? Expressing clearly what I mean is important to me and my preference is for simple clarity.

@lostsoul13's signature reads:
"Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)"

So, besides expressing clearly it is as important as paying attention to what we read, context, ...

I'd say that the interpretation is more important than the presentation.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 10-02-2023, 01:47 AM
Master
What about vampires?, Their dead thing's.
As far as I know the Devil is dead too, the Devil is dead man walking.

utopiandreamchild
Old 10-02-2023, 11:04 AM
Experiencer

quote: "@lostsoul13's signature reads: "Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)"

My remark had not been about lostsoul, someone who I anyway find writes extremely well.

My point had been about the assertion my words were "just semantics", something that came over to me as a dismissive put down.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:48 PM
OK gang, back on the topic at hand...Re death. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru