Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 08-04-2022, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
for some (most?), hunting season is just an excuse to wander around in the woods drinking.
Huh. Deer, beer and hunting gear.
What a life.
One I ran over a wallaby. Tough little bugger just got up and hopped away.

The roos are a road hazzard here, but down south in the desert, you hit an emu in the legs and the body is straight through the windscreen and in the car with you.
Old 08-04-2022, 10:22 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
... down south in the desert, you hit an emu in the legs and the body is straight through the windscreen and in the car with you.

That happens here with the deer. They jump and go right through the windshield, typically feet first. BIG mess.
Old 08-04-2022, 01:44 PM
Master
I guess mostly in Australia, people have never even fired a gun. It's not really a cultural phenomena around here. Guns are more like tools that farmers use since we don't even have a 'for protection' mentality. There are people who hunt but I don't know anything about it. I like the hunt, though, all the same, for the proper reasons where man is part of nature's balance within the eco system's food cycle. The traditional place of a man in Australia is as a caretaker of the country, and you have to know your place. Much of that is forgotten now... and the country is all messed up.
Old 09-04-2022, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Passing
They jump and go right through the windshield, typically feet first. BIG mess.
Why on earth my mom decided to tell us little kids a story about this very thing on Rt 96, NY...I'll never know.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-04-2022, 03:03 PM
Master
I also had an experience on Rt 96.

A friend and myself went into a bar to use the bathroom. We were along the Finger Lakes. For some odd reason, the drinks for us where 'on the house'. Never did understand why.

One place that was special was an area north of James Cooper's Cooperstown. As I would drive by early in the mornings, the Turkeys would take off from the fields and would fly in front of my car. There was also an area nearby that was noted for Crop Circles. One day, I watched as one was being made.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-04-2022, 07:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
There was also an area nearby that was noted for Crop Circles. One day, I watched as one was being made.
So you're the one making those circles! Who knew?
Old 02-10-2022, 01:33 AM
Master
It is deer season here in Texas again!!!!

Bow season (archery only) got going today and both of my oldest grandsons took there boat down island yesterday afternoon, spent the night in the woods and hunted all day......saw some deer but didnt get a shot but its okay ...its a long season with plenty of time.

Rifle season starts November 5th in the Texas south hunting zone.

Im hoping to get out in the woods with bow in hand myself next weekend.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 02-10-2022, 03:16 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Why on earth my mom decided to tell us little kids a story about this very thing on Rt 96, NY...I'll never know.

I've only had one encounter with a deer. I was driving down a freeway to a doctor's appointment and I was in a really rural area. It was daylight and there was very little traffic and ahead me on the side of the road a deer leaped out on the road suddenly. Fortunately there was enough distance and forewarning I was able to slow down and never really got close enough to be a problem. It still scared the heck out of me. I've seen what damage deer can do to cars. Especially cars driving at highway speed like I was. I was out in the boonies and the speed limit was like 70mgh.

Last edited by Traveler : 02-10-2022 at 09:53 PM.
Old 16-10-2022, 07:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I guess mostly in Australia, people have never even fired a gun. It's not really a cultural phenomena around here. Guns are more like tools that farmers use since we don't even have a 'for protection' mentality.

I wish this were the case in the U.S.! I'm so disgusted every single day I turn on the local or Nightly news and shootings and death are always reported. Just the other day a young teen, for whatever reason, went on a shooting rampage in a neighborhood, injuring many people seriously and killing 5. All I ever hear on the news is that authorities don't have an explanation for motive.

Guns are too easily available and if you want to kill other people, background checks seldom happen or they just don't plane work. It's sad, sad, sad. Children can't even go to school without fear of getting shot by a deranged person. Society just puts up with it as the norm. Sad, Sad, Sad!
Old 18-10-2022, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Society just puts up with it as the norm.
Not that I like high gun murder rates or psycho shootings etc, but the norm is a cultural phenomena and part of the American spirit. The murder part I'm not too keen on, but I really like the overall liveliness of America, and I suppose gun culture is part of that. In some ways the ideal of 'freedom' comes with that right to bear arms... which can go wrong... but I still think in the American cultural setting it is best to protect the second amendment right, but if that's in place, they really need to train everyone in schools about safe, responsible gun ownership. They can't just have the right without the responsibility.