Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 AM
Administrator
Free Will ? What is it ? Illusions What are They ?

Free will, the ability of one to make choices, free from certain kinds of constraints.

It is the ability to make a choice on an action that might well have various alternatives. We can look at free will being connected to moral codes of conduct. Where one has to be true to the rules the govern one’s actions. It too goes deeper than just that as we are more than the physical body we have . There is a Soul to us that we too have responsibly to for that path of learning. Free will on that level might well mean just being able to show and know the value of LOVe and to extend that in friendships. NOT to always have it on the level of moral responsibilities.

When we think on illusion we might well think on distortions of the brain. We could well think on a disorganization or distorting of our very own reality. If we take it from the physical point of view we know ( or do we) that our feet are on the ground and we are walking on a solid surface. That is not an illusion.

What is an illusion is hearing a voice that is not there, or is it deeper ?

Do we have free will ?

For the most part yes, there are rules of social and moral contacts we must go along with ( or should go along with). That is there to keep society in check and to make it easier for us to function around others. Where free will comes in is maybe more in our alone and private time. In our Mediations and Dreams, where the brain is free to shut off some and the Soul is free to wonder.

There will always be one’s that want to rock the boat and test the limits of right and wrong, too there are one’s that suffer sadly from mental deficiencies that know not what is real and what is not. Til the one day man maybe maps and understands that human brain.

For now we all have to do our best to service our Soul . On that path to Enlightenment and Inner Peace.

Lynn

Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Lisa

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! !

Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Guide
Oh dear, the infamous free will threads. They have returned to SF with a vengeance, haha.

I say why even wonder about free will, why not just enjoy the freedom felt in being alive

But if free will is something, then I think it's a bit overrated.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:16 PM
David

Will comes into play when we know something from deep within our hearts is telling us to do something and then stick to it, that choice in any one given situation be it right or wrong will happen, it maintains that energy in your heart while you wait for things to move in your wills direction.. just remember a willfull act has already been chosen, it MUST form in your life,

will is a tool for creating, it moves energy from which everything around us is formed, and places in your hands oportunites that your WILL would have placed before you

if you fall you WILL get back up,
if you loose you WILL start again,
if you fail then you WILL succeed,
you fall ill you WILL look forward to being healed

Will takes away the doubt, doubts are little demons in your heaed saying... 'i cant' 'i wont' 'im unable to' RUBBISH.........

I BLOOMIN WILL..
Old 02-10-2010, 08:25 PM
David

illusions...
like mists in the morning they come
yet i walk amonst the fields and the trees
and see only a blanket of soup before me,

so thick it forms i see no path before me
as i stumble over mine own feet
blinded by the very thing i fear

illusions my friend, illusions
it is as if the heavens have met the earth
and mingled as one

it reveals the rolling mists of illusions as i
climb to see that all the time i was in a valley
Old 02-10-2010, 08:39 PM
earthprowler

could you repeat the question please?
Old 02-10-2010, 11:37 PM
mahakali

hey i just responded on another thread that seems to be about the same thing only from edgar cayces point of view http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ed=1#post32582 i find him quite interesting for those of you who have not seen the you tube vids on him its a big recommendation from me. theres vids on reincarnation all the way to holistic healthcare.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:10 AM
CuriousSnowflake

Hey, may as well jump back in.

IMHO, we are all One, yet we have perfect free will because the One is us, thus there is nothing to keep us from making our choices.

CS
Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Master
yes I'm familiar with the free will debate... and it basically comes down to... if a choice is made that effects everything else, so everything else effects the choices that are made.

I guess it comes down to the primal cause, which implies there is a source, a begining of time, and and end result, which in any finite context there is, and of course any context must be finite, but in life one might find there is a finite within an infinite, so the question lies in who or what defines the boundries of that context.

In the end though, if one likes apples more than pears, then it's all apples.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Master
Like Gem, who I am psychically feeling is a rather cool guitar playing surf lovin dude :), I also have some familiarity with the ins and outs of this debate.

Im not going to actually address the idea of 'free will' exactly because it seems to mean different things to different people, but what I would say is that life is constantly infinitely interconnecting and inter-relating. What this means is 2 things. The first is that its all perfect because it HAS to be - things cannot be different from the way they are. The second is that its not possible for an event to happen, or a choice to be made, that is uninfluenced and somehow separate from the interconnecting and inter-relating nature of life. It is all one and we are many of the one. Life is inter-dependent by nature. Which is good news to hear if non-judgment and peace is the goal. Its not such good news if sovereignty, independence and control is the goal.

Hi to Curious Snowflake and to everyone else on the thread by the way.