Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-10-2020, 02:15 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Hi Serenebluehills,

Thanks so much for the link. Very sweet and thoughtful of you.

Will be reading it shortly.

Hello ajay00, you're welcome! I'm really glad to be of help. I hope you enjoy the site, I'm almost sure you will.

Namaste,
serenebluehills

~Air and Angels, John Donne

"Sunrise reminds us that we live in a world where the happiest of miracles still happen."
~Unknown
Old 06-10-2020, 07:05 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenebluehills
Hello ajay00, you're welcome! I'm really glad to be of help. I hope you enjoy the site, I'm almost sure you will.

Namaste,
serenebluehills

Ah, that's an article based on research by Dr. Ian Stevenson, the first director of UVA DOPS.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:09 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Ah, that's an article based on research by Dr. Ian Stevenson, the first director of UVA DOPS.

Hello JustASimpleGuy, that is correct.

I do miss the old site (iisis.net), I was redirected to the one I linked above.

Namaste,
serene

~Air and Angels, John Donne

"Sunrise reminds us that we live in a world where the happiest of miracles still happen."
~Unknown
Old 18-03-2021, 06:28 AM
Master

"I Have Lived Before": The True Story of the Reincarnation of Shanti Devi.

This is the first known book on reincarnation based on the recollections of a little girl named Shanti Devi (1926-1987) in Delhi, India, who claimed to remember a past life as a wife and mother in a different region of India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanti_Devi

Shanti Devi persistently pleaded to her parents to let her go to the region mentioned (Mathura) and once even ran away from home at age of six to reach Mathura.

When Mahatma Gandhi heard about the case he set up a commission of 15 prominent people, including parliamentarians, national leaders, and members from the media, to study the case. He also invited Shanti Devi to his ashram.

The committee was instrumental in persuading her reluctant parents to allow Shanti Devi to go to Mathura with them. Upon reaching the place she was able to remember minute details of the place and her past life family, though she was seeing the place for the first time in her young life. A brief article on her life by Dr. K.S. Rawat can be found in this below link.

https://www.carolbowman.com/dr-ian-s...e-shanti-devi/

Sture Lonnerstrand, a Swedish critic, came all the way from Sweden to expose the “fake,” as he thought it to be, but after investigation wrote, “This is the only fully explained and proven case of reincarnation there has been."

A book about her was published by Sture Lonnerstrand in 1994, and the english translation appeared in 1998 titled, "I Have Lived Before: The True Story of the Reincarnation of Shanti Devi".

She was also interviewed by Dr. Ian Stevenson who stated, “I also interviewed Shanti Devi, her father, and other pertinent witnesses, including Kedarnath, the husband claimed in her previous life. My research indicates that she made at least 24 statements of her memories that matched the verified facts.”

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon