Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-11-2019, 03:06 AM
Newbie ;)

It sucks!!!!

Growing up in a Christian family and getting Jesus Christ drilled in your head daily while non of it made sense is really difficult, and that's not the hard part. The hard part is being brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is exceptance and belief that Jesus Christ is the son of God and if you don't you will go to hell just instilled fear in me that if I go astray I will be making the wrong choice and be punished for my sins~Now that's just the worst. I feel more spiritual than religious but I always here that fearful damn voice in the back of my head that I must believe. But I just can't believe the whole Jesus thing 100%. ughhhh fml
Old 13-11-2019, 04:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evianna
Growing up in a Christian family and getting Jesus Christ drilled in your head daily while non of it made sense is really difficult, and that's not the hard part. The hard part is being brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is exceptance and belief that Jesus Christ is the son of God and if you don't you will go to hell just instilled fear in me that if I go astray I will be making the wrong choice and be punished for my sins~Now that's just the worst. I feel more spiritual than religious but I always here that fearful damn voice in the back of my head that I must believe. But I just can't believe the whole Jesus thing 100%. ughhhh fml

' The hard part is being brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is.......'

Unfortunately you find a lot of Parents have this attitude, usually you will find that they have been treated themselves in exactly the same way and the cycle goes on.
Believe what you want to believe not what others want you to believe, that's the best way.....

' Father forgive them for they don't know what they do ' comes to mind.
Old 18-11-2019, 12:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' The hard part is being brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is.......'

Unfortunately you find a lot of Parents have this attitude, usually you will find that they have been treated themselves in exactly the same way and the cycle goes on.
Believe what you want to believe not what others want you to believe, that's the best way.....

' Father forgive them for they don't know what they do ' comes to mind.
If a white male beats his wife, are all white males wife beaters?

Just because you were "brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is......."" does NOT imply ALL Christians beat people to death with the only way to heaven is....... You must realize by now by reading post on this forum that is not true.

I am sorry you had such a terrible childhood. I think you will agree that holding such feelings towards Christians is not healthy.

Please rethink about your emotions on this subject.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Last edited by BigJohn : 18-11-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 18-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If a white make beats his wife, are all white males wife beaters?

Just because you were "brought up and beaten to death with "The only way to heaven is......."" does NOT imply ALL Christians beat people to death with the only way to heaven is....... You must realize by now by reading post on this forum that is not true.

I am sorry you had such a terrible childhood. I think you will agree that holding such feelings towards Christians is not healthy.

Please rethink about your emotions on this subject.

You seem to read a lot of my Posting wrongly, it was Evianna who was beaten, please read her Posts previous to participating in the conversation, it makes sense does it not...
Old 13-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Master

Quote:

I must agree with sky123 - Father forgive them for they don't know what they do.
Old 13-11-2019, 09:20 AM
Master

Hi, i'm sorry to hear this
without realising it they placed a massive stumbling block in your path and it sounds like your finding the perspectives to deal with that to place it behind you. it may be a comforting thought that actually, Jesus may be on your side here on this! That's a matter of opinion maybe but i do believe that.
one insight maybe that this overbearing attitude actually stems from a lack of faith. best not say this though, just think it
when you really believe something there's no real need for it, things flow and happen naturally and beliefs are just containers for what you believe in
when it is forced it makes you wonder if they are hiding their own doubts and it's also because preachers up front do not really want their hearers to advance, but keep them in a place where they are dependant on them
hopefully you can retrace your steps with Jesus and follow him they way he wanted to be followed if you feel called to him
Old 13-11-2019, 10:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Hi, i'm sorry to hear this
without realising it they placed a massive stumbling block in your path and it sounds like your finding the perspectives to deal with that to place it behind you. it may be a comforting thought that actually, Jesus may be on your side here on this! That's a matter of opinion maybe but i do believe that.
one insight maybe that this overbearing attitude actually stems from a lack of faith. best not say this though, just think it
when you really believe something there's no real need for it, things flow and happen naturally and beliefs are just containers for what you believe in
when it is forced it makes you wonder if they are hiding their own doubts and it's also because preachers up front do not really want their hearers to advance, but keep them in a place where they are dependant on them
hopefully you can retrace your steps with Jesus and follow him they way he wanted to be followed if you feel called to him

You really said something interesting preachers up front do not really want their hearers to advance and I must agree with this, in my opinion, a preacher should be a guide, a teacher, that's it, you know, to guide you, not to be your one and only connection with the divine.When I was a child, my grandma used to take me with her at the church, she once was there to confess her sins, I was mystified, why people do need to go to a man to talk about their mistakes ( I had no idea of the word sin )when they could talk directly with the divine or with the people that they have hurt? I always believed in the divine, even when I was just a child.I just could not understand......

In my opinion, when you seek the Creator, you have to seek Him, yourself, don't look at others for the Truth when you don't know it for yourself, look at others only to get indications and to learn from them, that's it...

Old 13-11-2019, 03:10 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I must agree with sky123 - Father forgive them for they don't know what they do.

I'll add a further qualifier to that... "Father forgive them for they don't know what they do, because they know nothing else".
Old 13-11-2019, 11:06 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
I feel more spiritual than religious but I always here that fearful damn voice in the back of my head that I must believe.

I do believe Jesus the Christ said many times do not fear
and tried to instill peace.

Maybe if you read Jesus in the bible and get to know
the Jesus Christ of Peace in your heart and drop the Jesus of fear
you can come to grips with your own relationship with Him.

The relationship with your parents is another story.
Old 13-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:

you are obviously ,in transition to other values in your life as many are and have been , and learning new things that are better for you, expecting others around you to do the same might not be the best way to go about it ,