Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:54 AM
dreamer

My story idea..anyone want to make it into a book feel free.

So anyway, here's my idea for a book (or film script) in very basic outline form, feel free to comment or write it up.

Chapter 1 - A beautiful but fed up girl (Sophia) is sitting in a party, everone around her is happy dancing, chatting etc but she doesn't feel like she fits in and is feeling miserable, almost suicidal. She wishes for some help from above without ever really believing that any will come.

At that moment a man (Zeb) comes and sits next to her and starts chatting. To begin with Sophia is too self absorbed to really take much interest in the conversation or Zeb but as he persists she realises that he is actually quite interesting, with a good sense of humour and very good looking.

The party ends after they have chatted for hours and Zeb gives his number to Sophia and says "call me if you would like to, no pressure".

Chapter 2 - A few weeks go by and Sophia does not ring Zeb because she has lost all faith in men and is frightened of being hurt. She has a really ****e few weeks, evrything is really getting her down and no matter how nice she tries to be to people she feels **** inside and they pick up on this and take advantage of her. Finally she thinks what the fcuk and rings Zeb.

They start seeing each other as friends and fall for each other, except Sophia is nervous about being hurt and holds back from telling Zeb how she feels, even trying to deny it to herself. Sophias life picks up she is having fun again. Zeb wants to get together with Sophia but she tells him she does not fancy him and only wants to be a friend she is confused and scared of being hurt. This drives Zeb up the wall as he can see through her words and he is worried she will hurt him by sleeping with other men, this is what he tells Sophia.

Sophia sleeps with another man and Zeb tells her he cannot see her anymore, he is devastated, she says that they were only ever friends and gets angry that Zeb is leaving.

Chapter 3.

Sophia goes back to her old life, friends she made while with Zeb disapear and she is left miserable again. She realises she loved Zeb and hates herself for pushing him away, she is in the depths of misery and life feeds this feeling with a string of miserable events, everything starts going wrong. She calls Zeb and begs him to give her one more chance - he agrees and they get together properly.

Chapter 4.

Sophia and Zeb move in together, life is good but they have arguments about the man Sophia slept with, Zeb is upset and hurt and finds it hard to get over. Sophia feels guilty but is frightened to be totally honest and accept the blame for what she did, so when Zeb gets upset she gets angry and the fights start from there.

Life goes on like this for a while really happy 70% of the time arguing about this betrayel of trust 30% of the time, when its bad the arguing makes both wonder if the relationship will ever work but when its good it is so good they cant ever see it failing.

Chapter 5.

One night they go to bed and make love, after Zeb turns to Sophia and says that he has something he needs to tell her, he is very serious and she is worried. He then tells her that this life is just a dream and that she is in control of the dream. He tells her that he is just an imagined character created by herself to point herself towards the truth, and the truth is that every character she meets is just an illusory character created by herself and given energy to match the mood and thoughts she is thinking.

They argue this point, Sophia gets angry and tells Zeb to stop it, that she won't fall for this trick and that he needs to take responsibility rather than lumping it all on her. Zeb insists he is telling her the truth. Before they go to sleep he turns to her and says "just remeber I will always love you".

Chapter 6

The next morning Sophia wakes up and Zeb is gone, there is no trace of him or any of his stuff. She cannot believe it. She hopes he will come back but the weeks pass and he doesn't. She tries to find out where he is through friends but she realises that noone really knows anything about him and she's never met his parents or even really heard about them, he has just vanished.

Sophia then finds out she is pregnant with Zebs baby, she becomes depressed again and soldiers on until the birth. She gives birth to a little boy who she names Zeb. Zeb is such a beautiful and happy little baby that Sophia starts to get over losing Zeb(1). She starts to think about the last night they spent together, and slowly starts looking at other people as being different aspects of herself. Treating evryone she meets with genuine interest and respect as she would want herself to be treated and people start really loving her, and she starts to feel as though she fits in and starts enjoying life.

Chapter 7

Life gets better and better and Sophia starts really believing that everything Zeb(1) told her was true. If she imagines things they come to pass, if she is happy she attracts happy events if she is angry she attracts angry events etc. Sophia really blossoms into an amazing person who brings life to anything she puts her mind to, she loves everyone and everything as she would want to be loved herself and it gets easier and easier to do the more she applys Zebs words.

Chapter 8

Sophias son Zeb has his 18th birthday. He looks so much like his Dad. Sophia sits him down and says she has something to tell him. She tells him exactly what Zeb(1) had told her, that this is Zeb(childs) dream and she was just a figment of his imagination, that he is one with all things and everything is just an aspect of his own soul.

When she is finished Zeb(junior) turns and smiles at her and says " Can you not see me? Look at my face Sophia, it is Zeb the same Zeb that told you those same words 19 years ago"

Sophia is shocked and upset but soon pulls herself together "How can it be you" she asks.

Zeb answers "I told you this is your dream, you never wanted me to leave, you wished for me to come back, and here I am, I am that part of you that is trying to tell you the truth, now you cannot deny it"

The end.

What do you think?
Old 09-11-2006, 12:25 PM
kundalini

This is a really interesting and deeply involving storyline dreamer. This is certainly a story that you could get published but these a few things that I feel will improve it's chances... ( This is just my opinion )

1. For such a deeply involving story which penetrates the mysteries of the universe, like this story...it needs more characters. That way you can build a bigger image of the mysteries and explores it's complexities further. Having more characters to set the foundation of the story will lead to greater creativity and imagination down the line, so to speak.

2. As this is a story which challenges people's perceptions of the universe ( despite it being a work of fiction ) you might like to bring in other esoteric facets to enhance the main feature of everybody being an extension of themselves. You could for instance explore the Law Of Karma as well.

3. Bearing the above points in mind, this story as it stands now, would be too short in my opinion, for a work of novel length. However, adding in the above complexities and tying all the strings together will solve that dilemma with ease.

Kundalini.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:46 PM
dreamer

Thanks Kundalini, thats dreamers problem, he's full of ideas but only outlines, he sees the big picture but gets stuck on the detail - he's a sagatarius for Gods sake, what can you do??

Seriously though anyone wants to develop this story I'll go halves with them. Was thinking about an Alchemist style book, quite simple and accessable, not too long - the sort of book someone like me would see and think, yeh thats not too long i'll read it. (I can't face looking at books of over 140 pages, someone offered me the lord of the rings to read once and i was almost sick at the thought lol).
Old 09-11-2006, 12:49 PM
kundalini

LOL, hey dreamer, why not publish it as an ebook instead? That way, you could leave the storyline pretty much as it is now and still make a small profit from it's sale...
Old 09-11-2006, 12:52 PM
dreamer

How do I do that?
Old 09-11-2006, 12:55 PM
kundalini

Well, you'd need to write the story obviously but there is a lot of ebook companies out there who would publish this work once it's completed. I know a few sites...

K.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:58 PM
dreamer

Ah nice one, if you could let me know that would be great.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:03 PM
kundalini

Ah, I'm going off on a tangent here or something...actually dreamer with the scope of the work you have envisaged and the actual themes portrayed in it, get it book published.

In fact, to make it easier on yourself, why not write 12 different stories with similar esoteric themes and sell it as a book compilation. That way, doing one short story at a time, you will be able to develop patience more easily and once you have all twelve done, you could release it under one name like...Esoteric Meanderings...or something like that! It'd be even better if all the stories were connected to each other too...

K.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:33 PM
dreamer

Aaargh, just the thought of it makes me cringe inside, can't someone else do it for me? lol.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:36 PM
kundalini

Hahaha, I'll do half, you do the other half!

K.
Closed Thread