Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 15-12-2019, 12:39 PM
Flexi-Girl Flexi-Girl is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 822
  Flexi-Girl's Avatar
I am all for spiritual teachings, but I feel so much time and energy is wasted in trying to find magical answers to common sense problems. Sometimes a pebble in your shoe is just a pebble in your shoe. Sometimes it doesn't matter how or why it got there so much as getting rid of it. If you're really looking to improve your life,there is this thing called a brain.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 15-12-2019, 02:35 PM
JosephineB JosephineB is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 3,382
  JosephineB's Avatar
I think a lot of it's about escaping this reality/plane we're in. Who could blame, it can be harsh. In the long run, I don't think it's helpful though.
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 15-12-2019, 02:39 PM
Altair Altair is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Everywhere... and Nowhere
Posts: 6,722
  Altair's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I think this is an unhealthy way of thinking

If something bad happens to you, it's NOT always your fault. This world is filled with problems. Yes sometimes bad things do happen to good people for no fault of their own. It's completely absurd to think that because something bad might have happened to you, that you attracted it.

What's worse, this idea perpetuates fear, fear of your own thoughts. It's impossible not to have negative thoughts. How are you going to deal with your own fears if you don't face them? How do you better understand something without understanding it's opposite?

Writing a positive book about a toxic person isn't going to solve their problem. Writing happy thoughts about a job you hate isn't going to make you fall in love with it. Sometimes common sense is missing in spiritual teachings.

Great thoughts, Flexi-Girl.

Indeed, it isn't always ''your fault''. Many things that happen to us in life are random. I remember going to a football match, an away-game in Europe. We were drinking beer outside in the evening, it was a cosy place, then out of nowhere hooligans came with knives and knocked people out. They targetted anyone who looked like a foreigner. One guy in front of me was knocked silly on the ground. That could have been me if I was in front of him. Fact is, I wasn't. Now I could blame the guy and say ''that was your karma'' and claim I am having good karma for standing two meters behind him. But it's all just randomness. We humans project our values and experiences upon the universe, us humans may DEMAND that everything must be orderly and structured. This is a reflection of civilization, not nature.

Common sense is often missing in spiritual teachings, because randomness is not accounted for. We have build civilizations and create structures and order, seek meaning and purpose. We project all of this upon the universe at large, often not aware that we are doing it. Spirituality as we know it is usually a product of such thinking that came to be in civilization.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 15-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 25,321
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I think this is an unhealthy way of thinking
If something bad happens to you, it's NOT always your fault.

It isn't? Oh, ok.

Well, it's always my fault. What I believe I receive.
The reason for things is not always so easy to see; I look pretty deep
until I see the reason. Why? So I don't repeat it...or I DO repeat it if wonderful!
I'm sick of creating my own suffering...awful situations.
(Took me life times, tho, to 'get that'.)
(Oh, cuz I've been shown mistakes from 3 other lives. Boy, am I thick.)

You think a car hitting you in an intersection isn't your fault? Ok.
I follow it back to being in the default mode of
'letting things happen', instead of getting behind my wheel with the thought:
"This is going to be a great day and a great trip to the store and back."
Setting my intention was a must in the early days - now I'm
on auto-pilot ---that is, I know all good comes to me...that is the
Nature of the Universe (or God, my Father Creator) -
when you believe and know this...that has to be the result - it can be no other way.
That's what I apply consciously, deliberately and steadfastly.
This is no wishy-washy, 'sometimes' belief, for me.


And so far so good!

__________________

.
*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)


Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru
.


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 15-12-2019, 03:02 PM
lomax lomax is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 2,933
  lomax's Avatar
I don't believe in life's 'random events' and i have my reasons for that.I could say that everything is predeterminate.Even the number of our breaths.
Also don't forget the astrological factor.If planetary forces are in play for you,no matter how hard you try,you have no chance but to go with the flow.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 15-12-2019, 03:17 PM
JosephineB JosephineB is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 3,382
  JosephineB's Avatar
Quote:
you have no chance but to go with the flow.
How do you know you're going in the correct flow?
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15-12-2019, 03:24 PM
Flexi-Girl Flexi-Girl is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 822
  Flexi-Girl's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
It isn't? Oh, ok.

Well, it's always my fault. What I believe I receive.
The reason for things is not always so easy to see; I look pretty deep
until I see the reason. Why? So I don't repeat it...or I DO repeat it if wonderful!
I'm sick of creating my own suffering...awful situations.
(Took me life times, tho, to 'get that'.)
(Oh, cuz I've been shown mistakes from 3 other lives. Boy, am I thick.)

You think a car hitting you in an intersection isn't your fault? Ok.
I follow it back to being in the default mode of
'letting things happen', instead of getting behind my wheel with the thought:
"This is going to be a great day and a great trip to the store and back."
Setting my intention was a must in the early days - now I'm
on auto-pilot ---that is, I know all good comes to me...that is the
Nature of the Universe (or God, my Father Creator) -
when you believe and know this...that has to be the result - it can be no other way.
That's what I apply consciously, deliberately and steadfastly.
This is no wishy-washy, 'sometimes' belief, for me.


And so far so good!


Maybe I have had some experiences I question of it myself but I don't think things are ever straight forward (and by the way, I am not saying that's where you are coming from either).
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15-12-2019, 03:29 PM
lomax lomax is offline
Master
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Greece
Posts: 2,933
  lomax's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
How do you know you're going in the correct flow?
I think there's no right or wrong.It's all about doing the will of 'god'.Others were born to suffer,others to live a balanced life,and in general,everyone's here for a reason.And the reason is because the big guy wants to experience through you.

If your fate is to born and die at the age of six,no LOA will change this.A lot of examples to give,but there's no need for it.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15-12-2019, 03:37 PM
JosephineB JosephineB is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: The green & pleasant land
Posts: 3,382
  JosephineB's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
I think there's no right or wrong.It's all about doing the will of 'god'.Others were born to suffer,others to live a balanced life,and in general,everyone's here for a reason.And the reason is because the big guy wants to experience through you.

If your fate is to born and die at the age of six,no LOA will change this.A lot of examples to give,but there's no need for it.

I can understand your point. And if one looks at the whole picture of many lives, then this could be a possibility. But again, how can one be sure what the will of god is?
__________________
I salute the Divinity in you.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 15-12-2019, 03:41 PM
Flexi-Girl Flexi-Girl is offline
Ascender
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 822
  Flexi-Girl's Avatar
My biggest nit-pick with LoA is this idea that anything "negative" should be avoided. It's dis-empowering to oneself.

There are problems which need to be faced head on and not ignored. If you can't face your problems like an adult because you're afraid of attracting more, "negativity" that's completely childish.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums