Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 29-08-2020, 02:23 AM
Master
The Embarrassing moments Thread

Any embarrassing moments past or current that you would like to share.

An Embarrassing moment I had Today Friday on August 8-28-2020 Is when I was trying to compliment a passenger on the city bus. She was of East Asian ethnicity and she had her shopping cart got on the bus and sat in the seat in front of me. Now due to the pandemic some of the seats are blocked off and have caution tape around them. The Lady had on this uniquely designed shirt. So when she sits down I tapped her shoulder and I say to her ; "I like your shirt" . she looks at me puzzling now mind you that both of us are wearing face mask. So I said again I liked her shirt and I tried to point to her blouse, but I think my hand signal and the fact that she did not seem to understand me because she got up and moved over to the next seat across the aisle. I felt embarrassed cause I was trying to compliment her attire but she did not seem to know what I was saying. It was only me, her, and this other woman who had red dyed hair in a ponytail bun and she was wearing camouflage pants today on the bus.

Do you know I felt so bad after that cause the lady thought I was telling her to move from a different seat .
Old 29-08-2020, 02:26 AM
Master
I keep thinking about it and I always seem to always internalize my interactions with people or even how others might perceive me even if I have never met them before.
Old 29-08-2020, 02:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
I keep thinking about it and I always seem to always internalize my interactions with people or even how others might perceive me even if I have never met them before.

Don't feel bad. She might have misunderstood you and might have thought you wanted her to move.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 29-08-2020, 07:37 AM
Elfin

Oohh...I could fill this thread up all day.... One that springs to mind.... Fresh out of school, and sat on a supermarket checkout in my first job. Down the que there was a man, with the biggest nose I have ever seen.. and as he got closer , his nose got bigger.... And then it was his turn to be served. In those days, here in the uk we still had half pennies. His bill came to £1.67 and a half penny...... I said in my most polite voice ( for everyone to hear)....""That will be one pound, 67 and a nose please"".......!!!!!!!!...... I could not believe I had said it!!... Embarrassing is not the word... I wanted to ground to open up. I do not know what his reaction was because I was too mortified to even look at him.....
Old 29-08-2020, 12:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Don't feel bad. She might have misunderstood you and might have thought you wanted her to move.
Thanks Big John it was just awkward on my end because I assumed she spoke english . So this makes me kind of cautious of not always trying to compliment strangers .
Old 29-08-2020, 12:10 PM
Master
You make me laugh hard here, Elfin.
Cashier girl saying something totally inappropriate. I love it!! It must have been a very big nose..
Old 29-08-2020, 12:14 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
You make me laugh hard here, Elfin.
Cashier girl saying something totally inappropriate. I love it!! It must have been a very big nose..
Hi Altair.. it was just so embarrassing.. . I was only 16... When I saw his profile sideways on I nearly fell off my chair...and I'm not a rude person.... But when I came out and said the "word" I nearly died of shame .
Old 29-08-2020, 12:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Oohh...I could fill this thread up all day.... One that springs to mind.... Fresh out of school, and sat on a supermarket checkout in my first job. Down the que there was a man, with the biggest nose I have ever seen.. and as he got closer , his nose got bigger.... And then it was his turn to be served. In those days, here in the uk we still had half pennies. His bill came to £1.67 and a half penny...... I said in my most polite voice ( for everyone to hear)....""That will be one pound, 67 and a nose please"".......!!!!!!!!...... I could not believe I had said it!!... Embarrassing is not the word... I wanted to ground to open up. I do not know what his reaction was because I was too mortified to even look at him.....
that funny thanks for sharing Elfin
I also wonder what was the Man's reaction with big nose would have been. And also for the UK history lesson tidbit about Half pennies.
Old 29-08-2020, 12:20 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsearching
that funny thanks for sharing Elfin
I also wonder what was the Man's reaction with big nose would have been. And also for the UK history lesson tidbit about Half pennies.
Lol.... I was too embarrassed to look at him..!!! ... I can imagine too how uncomfortable you felt in the bus with that lady.... It would have bothered me too!... I would have kept wanting to go over to her and explaining myself....which would have made the situation even worse LOL... You sound a bit like me !!...
Old 29-08-2020, 12:27 PM
Elfin

.....And then of course there was the time I fell out of the downstairs toilet door.... completely naked except for my jeans round my ankles.. in front of gas workmen in my house.... As long as I LIVE I will never get over that.....