Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 10-09-2020, 01:11 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
That's right, Josephine. That would fix a lot, although problem is that if we have a social credit system we may either be forced to participate or may find there's too many disadvantages if we don't ((the more likely one in the beginning)).

The other day I heard that car companies may get smartphone information about people's driving behaviour, so you can already imagine where that would be going..
Sure, nobody wants to deal with an idiot on the road, but the drive towards more efficiency and perfection will demand more and more of us. Its that drive towards 'perfection' that I find troubling.

Another example of this...

In football they introduced VAR (Video Assistant Referee). Many people are in favour of it because it reduces human error and provides double checks for referee. What this system doesn't do is read human behaviour. In a rewind a duel can look more dangerous, whilst in the heat of the game it looks normal. Anyone who played the game can understand how damaging a simple foul can look in a rewind. Not to mention, they now check offside at crazy detail level, so if a player's foot is offside for even 1 cm the goal will be disallowed. There should be more leniency IMO, say a margin of 10 cm.

The charm of the game has declined, IMO, because human mistakes are greatly eliminated which reduces impact. Many fans will now wonder.. was that goal we just celebrated not offside or did a foul happen prior? This kills the moment and the drama of the game.

This is what more technological control does. It blames the human for all its flaws and an ultra-rational, mechanical system is imposed on us..
At some point they'll tell us we are better off with a chip in our system to ''eliminate bad decision making''..
One of my dreams is to go off-grid. Maybe I'll create that reality when the boys have finished school. Damn you double posts!
Old 12-09-2020, 05:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Faster and better programmed computers will help spur something like this..........

It seems to be a question of when, not if.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heightend-Awareness
One of my dreams is to go off-grid. Maybe I'll create that reality when the boys have finished school. Damn you double posts!

Nice dream!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't check Facebook often, but today I did. First advertisement I got was from a shop I visited yesterday, yet never looked for on the internet...

I also heard from someone else some supermarkets now no longer need cashiers. Apparently a computer can scan all products without them being put on the assembly line...

What kind of world are we creating here? One of control, and one of declining human contact.
Old 12-09-2020, 06:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
It seems to be a question of when, not if.

Nice dream!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't check Facebook often, but today I did. First advertisement I got was from a shop I visited yesterday, yet never looked for on the internet...

I also heard from someone else some supermarkets now no longer need cashiers. Apparently a computer can scan all products without them being put on the assembly line...

What kind of world are we creating here? One of control, and one of declining human contact.
Algorithms/A.I. I also have noticed this ever increasingly with trading shares on the stock market. Algorithmic/Bot trading. Taking away the human skill and understanding of many factors, out the window.
Old 13-09-2020, 09:35 PM
Knower

To think there are those who believe we are living in a computer simulation already, and have been for some time, when the technological matrix is presently a future probability -- or inevitability (depending on whom you ask).

Apparently, there exists cinematic sci-fi enthusiasts who are unable to differentiate fact from fiction. These are people who've watched The Matrix multiple times, have deconstructed the film frame-by-frame, can recite dialogue from it, and yet enjoy telling the rest of us to step outside of the movie, so to speak. Go figure.

A few futurists predict the Singularity will occur by or in the year 2045. Coincidentally, there are churchgoers who feel that will be enough to provoke Whitebeard to intervene in transhuman affairs. Their faith in divine judgment is strong and so worry these ones do not.

We can't all be raptured, however. Of these, included are the Elementals. Oddly, it has been dubbed by the atheist technocrat: "Christogenesis." This, the moment when, it is said, "Humanity 2.0" presents itself to the cosmos as a global hive mind, a bride composed of digitized consciousness.

No individuality in this future scenario, and, as such, arguably no spirituality and hence no salvation.

We can question the need for automation to take over the human race and render humans obsolete all we want to, but it does not change the fact that a technological dystopia is in the offing, if not to a degree here already. That is at least how some semi-disgruntled realists tend to look at it. That this is all inevitable and irreversible. Destined to be, and if you're a Bible believer, in fulfilment of prophecy. So these ones reason, if you can't beat it, join it -- even if your conscience or intuition tells you it's a crooked path, never mind, simply resign yourself to the harsh reality of things and think seriously about taking up an interest in robotics; so as to help or maintain these Frankenstein-like creations whose descendants will in all likelihood one day replace the human and render her redundant, in the workforce, at home, in the car, and even in the sack. The defeatist, pseudo-Christian or otherwise, mutters the Serenity Prayer and all is right with the world.

Perhaps it will be left up to our elected representatives to speak on behalf of the people who did not vote for all of this -- the regulators and legislators -- if this hell-bent path towards a siliconized matrix is to be averted. In theory, this sounds relatively attainable. There have been protests in various parts of the world against some of these technologies, with some success. Still, others willingly choose to don VR goggles, as if not distracted enough by the five-sense illusion, they are all for distraction taken to an all new level, further imprisoning their spirits on this so-called prison planet via a digital device.

Yes, the universe of ours may just be an optical illusion concealing a greater spiritual reality. I am of that opinion. But so long as we yet have spirits and souls, there is hope.

The "H-" movement, meanwhile, is steadily advancing, it seems; atheists by and large, who consider all this to be progress, this merging of man with machine. So far gone in their thinking, that they seek salvation within a strictly materialist, mechanistic paradigm.

It's my feeling that the posthuman will not and can never be cosmically conscious. That's what the principalities and nefarious powers-that-be ultimately want: to strip humans of their very essences. In the meantime, many carrots-on-strings, with the average somnambulist eating them up, unquestioningly.
Old 13-09-2020, 10:53 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
To think there are those who believe we are living in a computer simulation already, and have been for some time, when the technological matrix is presently a future probability -- or inevitability (depending on whom you ask).

Apparently, there exists cinematic sci-fi enthusiasts who are unable to differentiate fact from fiction. These are people who've watched The Matrix multiple times, have deconstructed the film frame-by-frame, can recite dialogue from it, and yet enjoy telling the rest of us to step outside of the movie, so to speak. Go figure.

A few futurists predict the Singularity will occur by or in the year 2045. Coincidentally, there are churchgoers who feel that will be enough to provoke Whitebeard to intervene in transhuman affairs. Their faith in divine judgment is strong and so worry these ones do not.

We can't all be raptured, however. Of these, included are the Elementals. Oddly, it has been dubbed by the atheist technocrat: "Christogenesis." This, the moment when, it is said, "Humanity 2.0" presents itself to the cosmos as a global hive mind, a bride composed of digitized consciousness.

No individuality in this future scenario, and, as such, arguably no spirituality and hence no salvation.

We can question the need for automation to take over the human race and render humans obsolete all we want to, but it does not change the fact that a technological dystopia is in the offing, if not to a degree here already. That is at least how some semi-disgruntled realists tend to look at it. That this is all inevitable and irreversible. Destined to be, and if you're a Bible believer, in fulfilment of prophecy. So these ones reason, if you can't beat it, join it -- even if your conscience or intuition tells you it's a crooked path, never mind, simply resign yourself to the harsh reality of things and think seriously about taking up an interest in robotics; so as to help or maintain these Frankenstein-like creations whose descendants will in all likelihood one day replace the human and render her redundant, in the workforce, at home, in the car, and even in the sack. The defeatist, pseudo-Christian or otherwise, mutters the Serenity Prayer and all is right with the world.

Perhaps it will be left up to our elected representatives to speak on behalf of the people who did not vote for all of this -- the regulators and legislators -- if this hell-bent path towards a siliconized matrix is to be averted. In theory, this sounds relatively attainable. There have been protests in various parts of the world against some of these technologies, with some success. Still, others willingly choose to don VR goggles, as if not distracted enough by the five-sense illusion, they are all for distraction taken to an all new level, further imprisoning their spirits on this so-called prison planet via a digital device.

Yes, the universe of ours may just be an optical illusion concealing a greater spiritual reality. I am of that opinion. But so long as we yet have spirits and souls, there is hope.

The "H-" movement, meanwhile, is steadily advancing, it seems; atheists by and large, who consider all this to be progress, this merging of man with machine. So far gone in their thinking, that they seek salvation within a strictly materialist, mechanistic paradigm.

It's my feeling that the posthuman will not and can never be cosmically conscious. That's what the principalities and nefarious powers-that-be ultimately want: to strip humans of their very essences. In the meantime, many carrots-on-strings, with the average somnambulist eating them up, unquestioningly.
Very interesting take on that. BTW ..Hi.
Because our body is just a shell to experience life, for those in the know (you, I and others) need to dodge that bullet as best we can and not fall into the trap. I would rather die standing than to live on my knees, knowing that the choice we make can be the wrong one in transhumanism versus spirituality. In regarding what you wrote above have a look at what the grey aliens are and what they lack(sounds far fetched and way left field) but it would pretty much back up, on what you and I are both talking about. Every alien is very jealous of this 'flesh jumpsuit' we have on. That we use to experience this life. Because it is the equivalent to riding in the tour de france on a motorbike most of us don't know it or how to use it properly mainly the heart and mind. Going off-topic.
Old 13-09-2020, 11:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Algorithms/A.I. I also have noticed this ever increasingly with trading shares on the stock market. Algorithmic/Bot trading. Taking away the human skill and understanding of many factors, out the window.

people want to be sure of things... it is much easier to be sure what a machine will do than a human...
Old 13-09-2020, 11:34 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
people want to be sure of things... it is much easier to be sure what a machine will do than a human...
What people forget is that you take away the human factor, you'll never get to plea or bata a better deal or your case whatever it may be. Humans can determine underlying factors within grey areas. Whereas the machine only sees black and white, right or wrong, no buts, no ifs.
Old 14-09-2020, 11:14 PM
Master

Quote:
What people forget is that you take away the human factor, you'll never get to plea or bata a better deal or your case whatever it may be. Humans can determine underlying factors within grey areas. Whereas the machine only sees black and white, right or wrong, no buts, no ifs.

and yet people will give away 'freedom' for the sake of 'safety' every day of the week.